Hey, help me out here....plz- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Hey, help me out here....plz

well i need to know this is there a differance between the banshee morphine freeride and morphine dirtjumper, also what colors do they come in, and where can i get one online.......and last but not least what kinda fork should i get for it SC, DC cuz i do like
    5-8 foot urban drops no jumping hardly

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    ....yep

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ScAvEnGeR
    well i need to know this is there a differance between the banshee morphine freeride and morphine dirtjumper, also what colors do they come in, and where can i get one online.......and last but not least what kinda fork should i get for it SC, DC cuz i do like
    5-8 foot urban drops no jumping hardly
    I think there is something to be said that the freeride has an "05" in the background of its picture while the dirtjumper does not. Exactly what it is I do not know. I doubt they would change their most popular frame without making a big deal about it.

In a slightly related question, is Banshee offering kits to go with the frames, like they did last year? The website makes no mention of components.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    no all i need is a frame i was wonder what fork travel would be best suited for it

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    no all i need is a frame i was wonder what fork travel would be best suited for it
    If your 5 to 8 foot drops are to transition (they should be) then i'd say a 6-8 inch freeride fork is best for you. If your doing all urban, no trails, no freeride or DH, i'd say you can go with the Dirt Jumper line from marzocchi. I would not feel comfortable riding a 4 inch fork or less on a morphine, which can comfortbaly handle an 8 inch fork.

But if your doing all urban, the Morphine is probably too heavy for you, there are better options (Sinister Ridge, SC Titan, Evil Imperial, ETC)

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    i can get a 04 z1 freeride for cheap so i may go with that, um my drops are sometimes to flat ground

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i can get a 04 z1 freeride for cheap so i may go with that, um my drops are sometimes to flat ground
    drops to flat are bad for your bike. 5 inches of travel from a Z1 should be fine, but it depends on personal preference.

500 posts.

Schmeow Productions
    probably 5 or 6 inches....

i think the reason there were 2 morphines was because it was shown with different kits...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    idc if its bad for the bike as long as get major props(which i do!!) for what it is i do,.....diff. kits iight

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    idc if its bad for the bike as long as get major props(which i do!!) for what it is i do,.....diff. kits iight
    In that case, your riding for all the wrong reasons.