Help... wich of these flat pedals for DH ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

New question here. Help... wich of these flat pedals for DH ?

All my life I used automatics pedals.
    I have long wanted to try flat pedals.
    And now I not decide between those models.

Xpedo MX-3 or Tioga Surefoot MX Pro

The weight is not important for me. I search a strong flat pedal with a good grip.

Can help me ?

XPEDO MX-3

TIOGA SUREFOOT MX PRO

savage
    Feb 2010
    i tried some of my buddies syncros mental pedals and liked them so much i went and bought a pair. strong as hell and ultra grip. try some 5-10 impact shoes too. they're awesome
    blood just means you're not good enough yet!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrider18
    This video should help, everthing u need to knw really
    https://forums.mtbr.com/****************8pDkdb

Lemme knw what u think !

Thanks. X
    Moderators need to ban this bimbo. Self serving infomertials is all she has to offer.

mtbr member
    are these the only pedals you are deciding between or do you want other recommendations as well?

mtbr member
    Pedals are like women, some guys like them fat and durable, others like them thin and light. Either way you're going to want something grippy.

I run Deity Decoy pedals with extra long pins and love them. You however, might prefer something else.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

mtbr member
    between the 2 I loved the xpedo mags, took a hell of a beating and held up pretty good.
    I used them and loved em.

Ive rode twenty6 pedals etc and on Canfield Crampons now and out of all the pedals Ive run including twenty6 the crampons are by far the best Ive ridden.

Xpedos get my vote out of the 2 and thats just based on personal experience. Both great pedals and really cant go wrong with either.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantil3v3r
    are these the only pedals you are deciding between or do you want other recommendations as well?
    Some friends recommended me these models.
    I'm quite confused ...
    Of course, I wondered if there are other strong pedals with good grip.
    And something cheaper, would be appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

Stay thirsty my friends
    Just an observation for you to note, some pedals have bushings in the outer axle and wear out fairly quickly in mud. I find I have better luck with fully sealed bearing models and only purchase those with sealed bearings. Also it is a good idea to grease up the pedals before you install them, most mfg's don't put enough grease in them out of the box...its so they spin nicely when you install them for the first time.

Crank Brothers pedals are notorious for not having enough grease.

Also, of the two you listed I didn't like the raised section in the center of the Xpedo's and much prefer the concave recessed design of the Tioga's. Seems in regular shoes you feel that raised center and it bugs me.
    "Say good night to the bad guy."
    Tony Montana
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_TE...eature=related

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JawChuck
    Just an observation for you to note, some pedals have bushings in the outer axle and wear out fairly quickly in mud. I find I have better luck with fully sealed bearing models and only purchase those with sealed bearings. Also it is a good idea to grease up the pedals before you install them, most mfg's don't put enough grease in them out of the box...its so they spin nicely when you install them for the first time.

Crank Brothers pedals are notorious for not having enough grease.

Also, of the two you listed I didn't like the raised section in the center of the Xpedo's and much prefer the concave recessed design of the Tioga's. Seems in regular shoes you feel that raised center and it bugs me.
    Thank you for your comment. In my country, mud is present much of the year.
    Another factor to take into account...the bearings ....

mtbr member
    they aren't as cheap as the two pedals mentioned by take a look at the Straitlines. they are incredibly easy to service and clean up to keep them lasting you a long time. They have a nice relatively low profile with a slightly concave shape and 14 pins per side to adjust the amount of traction and where you want that traction. One thing I like is the size of them as well as they have a bit larger platform than some of the other pedals....and you can get them in fantastically sick colors.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantil3v3r
    they aren't as cheap as the two pedals mentioned by take a look at the Straitlines. they are incredibly easy to service and clean up to keep them lasting you a long time. They have a nice relatively low profile with a slightly concave shape and 14 pins per side to adjust the amount of traction and where you want that traction. One thing I like is the size of them as well as they have a bit larger platform than some of the other pedals....and you can get them in fantastically sick colors.
    Excellent pedals .... but are beyond my budget

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    Pedals are like women, some guys like them fat and durable, others like them thin and light. Either way you're going to want something grippy.
    Grippy women?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Grippy women?
    velvet glove
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0