Help: VP-Free Questions...- Mtbr.com
    BJ-
    Rota Imports

... and if we just ... Help: VP-Free Questions...

ok...this busy little bee has just been surfing the web...and was wondering if a Powdercoated VP-Free in the Polished colour looking much like this (below)...with a Super X-F-R SRAM buld kit and a Sherman Slider Plus Fork is really $3985us...because that would then mean in austraila i could then get a VP-Free with that exact build for $5532aus...am i missing something like its not a complete build or id have to pay like $1000 for shipping or something because that seems to good to be true...and if so then to get that exact bike for that price would i order it from SC directly or my LBS...

if i can get a VP-Free with that build for that much then i definalty will so if you help me out i would really appriciate it...

also is it possible to change the spec slightly...or if i ordered it from my LBS could they help me build a very similar bike for a very similar price (keeping in mind most LBS bump prices up by 40%)...

anyone who has a VP-Free how did u get it (i dont care how long u had to wait) and how much did it end up costing u...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Cynical Bystander
    How about you just order from a US company and just pay for overseas shipping.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    well tell me how i would do that...what companies...and how much it would cost...cummon help me...

Cynical Bystander
    Im sure plenty of people around here know shops that have atleast a display or prototype VP-Free in a shop, so they can probably give you the name/number and all that and you could wire/pay with credit card or something like that.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Santa Cruz dealer in Australia:

Australia
    Neezy Pty Ltd
    P.O. Box 120
    Wilston Qld 4051
    Australia
    Tel: 0418 771 583
    Tel 2: 0414 768 109
    Fax: 07 3371 3294
    [email protected]

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    wow thanks for the number...

the santa cruz people are really nice and really helpfull...but i probably couldnt get it for that cheap it would probably cost about an extra $2000 so...hmmmmmm...unless i can get one shipped from the us for arounf that price that aint gunna happen...

anyway thanks for the help...
    Last edited by BJ-; 07-07-2004 at 10:03 PM.

mtbr member
    it'd cost you way to much to ship the bike, not only do you have to pay the actual shipping cost (probably around $2000aus) you have to pay customs and insurance and all sorts of other crap. I'd say just wait until you LBS actually gets some in, or just ask em' about it, they may actually have some coming But what's so wrong with your bighit?!?!
    "Better safe than scarry"

www.3dmtb.net

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    do u think i could get it for much the same price...
    Yes you probably could, maybe even cheaper if you throw in a 24pack of that XXXX beer.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBsSd
    it'd cost you way to much to ship the bike, not only do you have to pay the actual shipping cost (probably around $2000aus) you have to pay customs and insurance and all sorts of other crap. I'd say just wait until you LBS actually gets some in, or just ask em' about it, they may actually have some coming But what's so wrong with your bighit?!?!
    the man wants a vp free

so do i but i can't afford it. nothing wrong with switching bikes now and then.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    the man wants a vp free

so do i but i can't afford it. nothing wrong with switching bikes now and then.
    and just look at me, almost every 6 months I switch bikes, lol. Im keepin my v10 for a couple seasons atleast though.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    ill let the fantasy go for the moment (wait unitll christmas )...it was just a nice thought...

hey theres nothing wrong with the big hit...and there definatly aint gunna be once i get some shivers for it...

I heart bikes
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    ...hmmmmmm...unless i can get one shipped from the us for arounf that price that aint gunna happen...

anyway thanks for the help...
    Dude, you can totally ship it to my place, and I will send it to you.....

PS, make sure its a large..
    www.suckcreek.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Try Calgary Cycle

Try giving Calgary Cycle a call in Calgary Alberta Canada. They have a already sold a few VP-Free's and have a couple more in staock. They also have a few Austalian customers and have shipped bikes down there before. I'm sure they know the best way to do it. The guy to talk to is Derek although he may be in france right now for the tour. The next guy to talk to is Tyler. It's worth a shot anyway.

eci
    ok shipping from the us to australia is somewhere around 175 dollars us. then you have to pay customs fees which is 20% of the value. Ive shipped a bunch of items overseas and its a pain in the ass

R_D
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hey i got a large white vp-free. I ordered it from calgary cycle in march and i had it in may. Suposedly when i got it there was only four others in Canada. Anyways it cost me 5700 can. For the frame the spx fr kit and a 888r, i also substituted in a chris king headset and intense sticky rubber tires. If you go for a vp-free i would recomend getting an anodized one because the powdercoat on mine is crap.
    I have a picture of it but the file is too big to post.
    peace.

mtbr member

Well...

We've shipped a great deal of items to Australia, England, New Zeland, France, etc., and haven't really run into much of a problem. Only 1 time, was there an issue, and that was because the shipping company damaged the frame, therefore we were stuck with discounting it and going after the shipper.

A Duke Blue with polished rear triangle is being ridden around Aus. right now by a customer of ours, and it cost about $245 to ship, complete bike.

Customs, thats another issue. Sometimes you are faced with the hard choice of full "retail" value listed, or replacement cost. If its damaged and you opt for the lower, thats what you are getting back.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    what...so would i be able to buy one of u for much around the same price (excluding the shipping)...because if i could then a quote would be really nice...and then i could decide weather or not to start selling my DH too...