Help Please- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Help Please

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15

    Help Please

    Which of these bikes are front derailleur compatable
    Wildcard Banshee
    Rampant Banshee
    Absolut sx Commencal
    Supreme dh Commencal
    Furious Commencal
    Nugget Mongoose
    Empire Norco
    Shore One Norco
    SX trail Specialized
    SX Specialized
    Demo 7 Specialized
    Demo 8 Specialized
    Blindside Transition
    Bottlerocket Transition
    Double Transition
    Konig Corsair
    Hooker Cove
    303R DH Yeti
    Faith Giant
    Boot R Team Mongoose
    Supreme Commencal
    Glory Gaint
    Morewood Zuza
    Morewood Kalula
    Morewood Izimu
    Morewood Makulu
    Intense Socom Fro
    Knolly delirium
    Knolly Podium
    Thanks for your help

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: daisycutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,480
    all of them

  3. #3
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    why?
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Quarashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    884
    Can anyone say E-Type BB mount?
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by derekr
    why?
    because I have to pedal to the top and than i can enjoy my ride I don,t have any lift acces but i want a dh bike

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: juanbeegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by patrikorlainsky
    because I have to pedal to the top and than i can enjoy my ride I don,t have any lift acces but i want a dh bike
    Not all of them are DH bikes and the Banshee Rampant will not accommodate a front derailleur.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18

    Turner Highline

    Try a Turner Highline, if you can find one. Turner discontinued the model when it moved to a DW link. Its more of a freeride bike but it pedals great. Do a search in the Turner forums. There is a lot of info in it.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas
    Not all of them are DH bikes and the Banshee Rampant will not accommodate a front derailleur.
    Couldyou ride a singel ring bike uphill too???

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryan_daugherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,800
    Ride with a single ring. It'll make you stronger.

  10. #10
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by patrikorlainsky
    Couldyou ride a singel ring bike uphill too???
    yep many guys just get a lower gear in front
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  11. #11
    clyde in training
    Reputation: 08nwsula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,917
    use a hammerschmidt

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    use a hammerschmidt
    no way thats way to expensive and its kinda heavy

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,168
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty
    Ride with a single ring. It'll make you stronger.
    ...or walk a lot

  14. #14
    For The Win
    Reputation: StinkyFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by patrikorlainsky
    no way thats way to expensive and its kinda heavy
    If by heavy you mean like 100 grams more than a mid range DH setup, then yeah. I used a set of Holzfellers for comparison by the way. And for someone complaining about price, you sure have a lot of pricey rides in mind.
    Slow is cool too, right?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iridemtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by patrikorlainsky
    Which of these bikes are front derailleur compatable
    Wildcard Banshee
    Rampant Banshee
    Absolut sx Commencal
    Supreme dh Commencal
    Furious Commencal
    Nugget Mongoose
    Empire Norco
    Shore One Norco
    SX trail Specialized
    SX Specialized
    Demo 7 Specialized
    Demo 8 Specialized
    Blindside Transition
    Bottlerocket Transition
    Double Transition
    Konig Corsair
    Hooker Cove
    303R DH Yeti
    Faith Giant
    Boot R Team Mongoose
    Supreme Commencal
    Glory Gaint
    Morewood Zuza
    Morewood Kalula
    Morewood Izimu
    Morewood Makulu
    Intense Socom Fro
    Knolly delirium
    Knolly Podium
    Thanks for your help
    You are looking for a bike for yourself. You want a bike for yourself. Look it up on google for yourself and don't be lazy.You have 4 morewood bikes there, now go on the morewood site and look. You are lazy.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    113
    The konig is a slope style specific bike, but Corsair make the Marque (5" travel) and the Maelstrom (7" travel) which will both ride better for DH, both pedal effectively, and they are both front derailleur compatable.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19
    just ride 4 times a week and before you know it you will be climbing hills like a beast!
    2010 demo 8 I is in!

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.