help me pick a fork- Mtbr.com
    kona-tize me captain

help me pick a fork

well i got a kona stinky, and i am at the point in which i cant stand my piece of shiat drop off triple. im looking to spend around 450ish on a used fork. what should i get?. i do freeride, downhlll, and i weigh 150. id like to get a shiver since its bulletproof and that way i wouldnt have to worry about it. just let me know what u think
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

i should be working
    Looks like your minds made up. You should be able to find something in good shape in that price range.

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by rpl3000
    Looks like your minds made up. You should be able to find something in good shape in that price range.

haha well i just wanted to make sure i am making the right choice, so when i get it on my bike im not killing myself over buying the wrong fork.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

... and if we just ... Need a fork?

Hey i bought my bike ( norco atomik with a 888RC) at this place in NY where i live. And he has some good stuff, hes a Pro downhill racer so he can help you out. the link is www.downcycles.com Find thier the store number and call him. His name is AJ picarello. He still has my drop-off triple which originally came with my bike. He said he can tune them pretty well, but i just dont like them. but yea give him a ring tomorrow and see if he can cut you a good deal. Tell him Halley sent you lol.
    You tease me because im skinny! HAH! i tease you because you're Fat. whats worse ? i can jump! can you?

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm sure you can pick up a used Shiver for about $450. However, I bet you would like a Super T more on the Stinky.

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by WWT
    I'm sure you can pick up a used Shiver for about $450. However, I bet you would like a Super T more on the Stinky.

why you thinking so? i have actually been looking at super t's

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Eat my dust
    Hey i bought my bike ( norco atomik with a 888RC) at this place in NY where i live. And he has some good stuff, hes a Pro downhill racer so he can help you out. the link is www.downcycles.com Find thier the store number and call him. His name is AJ picarello. He still has my drop-off triple which originally came with my bike. He said he can tune them pretty well, but i just dont like them. but yea give him a ring tomorrow and see if he can cut you a good deal. Tell him Halley sent you lol.

how much did u get the 888 for?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I got my 888 RC as extra for 600 bucks, but it was a swap. so the bike shop kept the OEM one and gave me the 888 RC for 600 bucks, retail value is 1050-1150
    You tease me because im skinny! HAH! i tease you because you're Fat. whats worse ? i can jump! can you?

Juanjo
    I just saw this one on RM

Killer deal on a KILLER fork

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125065

That's perfect for u.... is ligher than the Shiver and a frikking lovely fork.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by WWT
    I will second this...you are a little small for a Shiver...I think you can change some stuff in your drop off to make it better
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days