Help me get to Whistler..- Mtbr.com
    Can't get right...

Help me get to Whistler..

I'm going w/ 3 friends to Whister end of July into mid aug. My buddy has soooooo many air miles that he's getting the flights 4 nothing. Now the problem-Were in NYC and the flights available are to San Srancisco. My friends want to drive up to Whistler hitting all the DH Spots (lift service only=lazy nyer's). I've heard that most stuff good is closed or closing. Its a hell of a drive from san fran to whistler. I dont mind the drive, its the wasted time stopping at places that might or might not be open+ the getting lost in places weve never been and all the other crap that comes w/ that. Anyway i'd rather drive straight to Whistler (Cali sux- xcept for the beaches, oceans and weather, u guys got nothing) and hit all the spots we didnt hit on our trip last year. Squamish, Pemberton and a million other places i cant name. Help me convince my friends to just go straight to Whistler .Free dirtjumps and sk8park 5 mins from our condo. Unless i'm completely clueless about the lack of riding between san fran and Whistler. Were going for 2 weeks. Thanks for any help/info on stuff to ride or not ride.
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You want to drive straight from NYC to Whistler? Are you saying you've done this before? Cause that's just nutty...

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    You want to drive straight from NYC to Whistler? Are you saying you've done this before? Cause that's just nutty...
    the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round......
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER

Can't get right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    No. we fly into San francisco and drive to Whistler from there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

hey!!!!!!!!!!

hey F*CK YOU first of all, cali rules b*tch and second of all there are a million places to hit on the way from san fran to whistler so get some knowledge before you talk sh*t about cali and go suck a D*CK you clueless f*ck!!!!GO CALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005

NYC???Yall ain`t got shiz on Cali!!!!

Who do you think you are chump?NYC??? You ever rode in Cali? For one,mountain biking started here,bro.Just ask Joe Breeze and Gary Fisher.Second,where the hell do you ride in NYC?Last time I checked you people had to drive up north for some dirt.Just asphalt,buildings,and bum pee in NYC.Choke on my Cal wang,ignorant punk.

Beyond the stars

Dem guys don read 2 well

Stop at North Star Ski resort (North Lake Tahoe) in Cali. on to some freeride in Hood River Oregon, and I'm sure there is stuff in Washington State . . .

So driving ain't that bad . . . except the long hours in the car, expensive gas, "road side diner" food and truck stop hookers it's all roses for you

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i recommend doing thing through san francisco. you can head up to northstar, then you can go to falls city, oregon, hood river, oregon, and all the places around bellingham and northern washington. then you can go hit whistler, squamish, pemberton, kamloops, kelowna, north shore, nelson, rossland, bowen island, all those good canuck places.

Can't get right...
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    i recommend doing thing through san francisco. you can head up to northstar, then you can go to falls city, oregon, hood river, oregon, and all the places around bellingham and northern washington. then you can go hit whistler, squamish, pemberton, kamloops, kelowna, north shore, nelson, rossland, bowen island, all those good canuck places.
    Thanks Djbikerr & matt-only 2 guys who actually read the opening thread. U Cali guys r sensative. U missed the joke. Anyway looks like we will be flying into Seattle instead. So not much time to go to N*. Maybe some other trip down the road. Thanks for the responses.

And riding on concrete and bum piss makes u a surprisingly smooth rider. Cali aint so bad in my book. But in a few yrs after the big one Vegas is gonna be oceanfront.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 888bighit
    hey F*CK YOU first of all, cali rules b*tch and second of all there are a million places to hit on the way from san fran to whistler so get some knowledge before you talk sh*t about cali and go suck a D*CK you clueless f*ck!!!!GO CALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what is your problem? everytime i see you post something it has a bunch of f-bombs and other insults. maybe you should read the posts next time before you type out a stupid response and start attacking people for random reasons.

rain rain go away...
    well danny did insult CALI did he not? he came across kinda ignorant of the riding in CALI... generalizing it. plus his comment that it was a joke... no indication of that. no smiley or anything to indicate that.

but good for the other guys who posted helpful infos to educate danny. just the way it should be.

on your way to whistler don't forget the local trails in vancouver.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by 888bighit
    Is everyone in Cali as angry and insecure as you?
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

go big or go home
    did you ever consider how much its gonna cost to ship your bikes? just do a roadtrip there dude...you can hit all sorts of places along the way too

Can't get right...
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy-B
    well danny did insult CALI did he not? he came across kinda ignorant of the riding in CALI... generalizing it. plus his comment that it was a joke... no indication of that. no smiley or anything to indicate that.

but good for the other guys who posted helpful infos to educate danny. just the way it should be.
    Every time i try to use a smiley just the text shows up in the post. And i said"xcept for the beaches, ocean and great weather (sounds like a compliment there) uguys got nothing." Im 3 thousand miles away. I have no idiea how the riding is in cali except for posts here and some mag stuff i read. I read here that most dh mtns (lift service is what i said exactly and what im looking for ) in Cali r closing. So knowing that im guessing theres not much LIFT serviced Mtns in Cali. I'm sure theres tons of places to ride there, im ignant but not that ignant. Anyway no that this is clearly explained to all u Cali guys I ACCEPT UR APOLOGIES. Now enjoy the weather and beaches and go ride. Almost forgot all the blonds-u guys got it rough...

mtbr member
    Sierra Nevadas are full of sick ****, Downieville, Northstar. If you're coming from new york, then just about anything in cali is gonna be better than NY. The trails within a 20 mile radius of my house are better than anything in upstate NY. Downieville has 2 bike stores that run a shuttle service to the top of the trail. Northstar is a ski lift. There are some other places too. Theres a 30 mile downhill in oregon you gotta hit on the way to whistler also but I don't know the name. Most people in cali are pretty laid back. 90% more laid back than the east coast. For those of us in cali that have been all over the country, we know that Cali is the place to be. Truely in the words of Shane McConkey: "Yeah, California, man. We're better than you."
    The thing about cali is it doesn't have the best of anything really. Maybe like Utah has the best skiing, or BC has the best MTBing, or Hawaii has the best surfing, or Norway has the coolest attitude, or Sicily has the hottest women. Cali may not be the best for something, but we are close to having the best in just about everything.
    Last edited by RobsterCraw; 04-16-2005 at 02:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy-B

yeah, but all that guy's (888bighit) posts are being a dick to other people. he just cusses people out, that why i don't understand him...

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Is everyone in Cali as angry and insecure as you?
    yep....he wants a favor and disrespect us at the same time.....fuc dat
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days