help, is this a knock off frame?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

help, is this a knock off frame?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bianchi-Mutt-mou...QQcmdZViewItem

I thinking about buying it but hate to get a fake. My first mtb bike and would like someone that knows if its a fake or real. there is no badge or head sticker kinda strange?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Go to your LBS and buy a complete bike. It will be cheaper in the long run and easier to get a bike that fits.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Go to your LBS and buy a complete bike. It will be cheaper in the long run and easier to get a bike that fits.
    thanks for the suggestion, but i feel that has nothing to do with the question asked. Is this a knock off frame? The ebayer said its not, but im still not sure

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    couldn't tell ya, i haven't even heard of that bike brand before to begin with lol.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRida
    couldn't tell ya, i haven't even heard of that bike brand before to begin with lol.
    your a real comodian.....guess that my last post on this kiddie board....

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

make sure it has drop bars!

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy

What ever bike you get, make sure it has drop bars on it!!!

www.westsidefreeride.com

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by wmansf3968

maybe try going here.....

http://www.bianchi.com/en/products/p...ge&idmaster=60

it's not that people are trying to be d!cks, it's that it would be really easy for you to go do the research on your own.......it's not like you don't have an internet connection..... took me less than 3 minutes to find the link above. doing some research on your own before posting will get you farther around here than being childish when you don't get the replies you want. ala: oh, yes, it's real, go buy it....

how are we to know if it's legit, any more or less than you would? it is coming from asia, probably from the factory. it's likely the real deal, but the seller probably got it as overstock, or factory blem, or five finger discount off the back of the truck.

you'll get a good looking frame, for possibly very cheap. assuming you don't care about it having no warrantee, why not go for it?

and, why are you asking about a very clearly xc frame on the DH board for anyhow?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Bianchi-Mutt-mou...QQcmdZViewItem

I thinking about buying it but hate to get a fake. My first mtb bike and would like someone that knows if its a fake or real. there is no badge or head sticker kinda strange?

So you're building you first MTB from the frame up??/

mtbr member
    Why was this post in the downhill fourm ?
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    maybe try going here.....

http://www.bianchi.com/en/products/p...ge&idmaster=60

it's not that people are trying to be d!cks, it's that it would be really easy for you to go do the research on your own.......it's not like you don't have an internet connection..... took me less than 3 minutes to find the link above. doing some research on your own before posting will get you farther around here than being childish when you don't get the replies you want. ala: oh, yes, it's real, go buy it....

how are we to know if it's legit, any more or less than you would? it is coming from asia, probably from the factory. it's likely the real deal, but the seller probably got it as overstock, or factory blem, or five finger discount off the back of the truck.

you'll get a good looking frame, for possibly very cheap. assuming you don't care about it having no warrantee, why not go for it?

and, why are you asking about a very clearly xc frame on the DH board for anyhow?
    well MR smart ass, heres one you forgot to talk about I spy...
    I did goto that site and also some sites from over seas.
    Did you notice that the Bianchi on the ebay frame is running down, and the bianci on the bike on their site are running up? So ill dismiss your post as brain dead, and really had nothing to say, so you made up some bull crap and tryed to pawn it off as smart...

For the rest of you that are reading the main reason i posted this question here is im new to MTB frames. And the lettering running in differant directions then the factory pic bikes had me wondering. What i was looking for is were are these frames made? Are there alot of 1 off frames begin passed as binachi, And it dosent look like this bike has a badge on the head, you know questions that only someone with a iq over 55 could answer.
    If they claim to have any knowlage of mtb at all....

Just Ride
    being snappy is no way to get us to help you around here. we're just as big of pricks as you are buddy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    well MR smart ass, heres one you forgot to talk about
    Did you notice that the Bianchi on the ebay frame is running down, and the bianci on the bike on their site are running up?
    The pictures are of different sides of the bike you moron. On one side it will go up and the other it will go down.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Did you notice that the Bianchi on the ebay frame is running down, and the bianci on the bike on their site are running up? So ill dismiss your post as brain dead, and really had nothing to say, so you made up some bull crap and tryed to pawn it off as smart...

For the rest of you that are reading the main reason i posted this question here is im new to MTB frames. And the lettering running in differant directions then the factory pic bikes had me wondering. What i was looking for is were are these frames made? Are there alot of 1 off frames begin passed as binachi, And it dosent look like this bike has a badge on the head, you know questions that only someone with a iq over 55 could answer.

oh fok off. don't be such an assclown idiot.

what part of "factory blem" in my post could you not understand? though this lettering thing you speak of isn't that. did you read my post at all? i very clearly gave you the info you need. looks like it's coming from somewhere in asia (where most frames are made.....) where the seller is. as for the reasons why it's being sold, and if it is legit, again i say: how the fok are we supposed to know? we can't see anymore on the auction listing, or the bianchi site than you can.

did you mention beforehand that you had looked at the bianchi site? ummmmmmm, no, you didn't. how the hell are we supposed to help you with such a random ass question when you give us no real information to work with?

you're off to a real winning start here. perhaps if you are so new to biking, you should have posted this here: http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

or here: http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay....sprune=30&f=48

a little reading comprehension of your own would go a long way, eh? such as noticing on the auction pics, you're looking at the left side of the bike. and on bianch's site, it's the right side. duh, the lettering would go different directions........ and you are calling us stupid? that's rich.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey buddy!

I wouldn't buy that frame if I were you....

I would spend the money on manners....

Just a word of advice, if you are asking someone else to do YOU a FAVOR, just please be nice to them the least...

And if you wish to argue with every answer you receive to your question, then don't even bother asking the question in the first place, just find the answer yourself.

Btw, how old are you? I am just wondering?

Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by dhdogg
    What ever bike you get, make sure it has drop bars on it!!!

www.westsidefreeride.com
    I am sure his Bianchi does.
    mtbtires.com

Well did YOU notice that the pic on the Bianchi site is of the RIGHT side of the frame and the pic on ebay is the LEFT side? If the logos both ran "up" the on on the left side would be upsidedown!

Heck, you can not even spell "Bianchi" correctly twice in a row!

Get off you frickin' high-horse and name calling and listen to the advice you received.

You are asking about a XC frame of a model not sold in the US from a company that does not market a DH bike on the Downhill-Freeride board! Most of the guys here have never heard of Bianchi. I have no idea why you picked this board over Passion or General but it was a "brain dead" choice.

Head "badges" are rare these days on production frames. Usually decals and the pic in the company site does not look like it has a decal either.

If you think a "real" Bianchi is made in Italy then there are no "real" Bianchi MTBs. They are all made in Asia. I doubt if this frame is a "knock off". Most likely overstock (it is a 2004). A lower-mid level frame and best. Go ahead and bid on it. Hope you get it.

You would still be better off passing on it and walking into your LBS.
    mtbtires.com

Quote Originally Posted by zerossix
    being snappy is no way to get us to help you around here. we're just as big of pricks as you are buddy.
    Nah. You guys are bigger pricks, but only after we get to know you.

This guy is just ignorant and arrogant.
    mtbtires.com

hands up who wants to die
    welcome to my Ignore List.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

~~~

this guy must have migrated from the Pinkbike forums ~~~, for 1 i wasn't trying to be funny, Bianchi isn't sold around here, and once again yer on the DH/FR forum, not the weight weenie section, and as far as calling this the kiddie forum's atleast these kiddie's can spell Comedian correctly.

rockin the mid-west
    it may also help to post in the right forum. but i know a bit about that bike brand. its a very good bike company the bike there on that ebay page looks ligit but you never know.
    PUNK FOR LIFE
    freeride & Down hill for life
    Companies I support
    E-13
    Shimano
    Maxxis
    EBC
    Marzocchi
    SIXSIXONE
    Specialized
    Arrow Racing
    Truvativ
    W.O.R.B.A. supporter
    I.M.B.A. supporter

Why aren't you riding????
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRida
    this guy must have migrated from the Pinkbike forums ~~~, for 1 i wasn't trying to be funny, Bianchi isn't sold around here, and once again yer on the DH/FR forum, not the weight weenie section, and as far as calling this the kiddie forum's atleast these kiddie's can spell Comedian correctly.

HAAAAA i thought he was calling him a decendent of fancy toilets

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004

Did you notice that the Bianchi on the ebay frame is running down, and the bianci on the bike on their site are running up?

For the rest of you that are reading the main reason i posted this question here is im new to MTB frames.
    clearly...............
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER