help choosing bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

help choosing bike

I just started riding this year and got a Marin rock sprng, however my riding style is developing and I dont enjoy any of that x country stuff anymore. I enjoy hitting big jumps on the trails and downhill, but my aging bike does not.
    I was looking at the Spec sx trail or a Norco shore 2.
    Could anybody give me any advice on these or other bikes I should be looking at .

Help greatly appreciated cos the more I look around the more confused I am getting..
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Reign X, Nomad, Stinky, Bullit, Dirtbag, Bottlerocket, 7Point, ASX, Session, and a bunch more. It really depends on your price range. If you want a single pivot or multi pivot design and of course how you feel on the bike.

Older & Slower
    May 2006
    are you still gonna pedal on it?...or just bomb downhill, hit jumps, and do drops?...

if you wanna just do shuttle runs get a FR/DH bike...too many to list...

if you want to do mostly rough stuff and still pedal get something set-up like a nomad (or some other all-mountain bike)...

it does depend on budget, how you feel about maintanence, how big you are, where you live, etc...

give more specifics and i bet you'll get more specific recommendations.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I wanna bomb it down hill most times, just dont want to need to push it up hill all of the time. This is whal put me off a bighit, I want gears up front too..

I would spend about $4k on it and would look at trashing the British Hillsides..

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by quazi
    Reign X, Nomad, Stinky, Bullit, Dirtbag, Bottlerocket, 7Point, ASX, Session, and a bunch more. It really depends on your price range. If you want a single pivot or multi pivot design and of course how you feel on the bike.
    +1

Shore and sxt are both nice rides also.

banned
    Versus Blitz II

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Demo 7 is a good call if the only concession you want from full DH is a front derailleur.

Members who have read this thread: 0