Heckler brakes/shifters- Mtbr.com
    What are you looking at?

New question here. Heckler brakes/shifters

Hi... I'm looking to replace my Shimano LX dual control leavers(they came with the kit I got but I not crazy about them) before the spring rush so what kind of Breaks and shifters should I look for? I was thinking juicy 7's or something like that but I'm open to new ideas. also should I stay with 6 inch rotors or go for the 8's? If I were to get an X.0 rear der. would I need sram shifters(because I don't like the double thumb shifters)?

Thanks for the Help...
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D3R
    Hi... I'm looking to replace my Shimano LX dual control leavers(they came with the kit I got but I not crazy about them) before the spring rush so what kind of Breaks and shifters should I look for? I was thinking juicy 7's or something like that but I'm open to new ideas. also should I stay with 6 inch rotors or go for the 8's? If I were to get an X.0 rear der. would I need sram shifters(because I don't like the double thumb shifters)?

Thanks for the Help...
    I love my Juicy 7s. I didn't feel that the 185mms that came with it were cutting it for me, so I used my old 203mm Hayes round rotors.

If you get a SRAM x-gen derailleur, you have to get one of their 1:1 shifters. The thumb shifting grows on you after a while, and the cripser shifting is well worth the adapting.

banned
    Wrong. The X Gen works with Shimano shifters.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by standard235
    Wrong. The X Gen works with Shimano shifters.
    The x-gen front derailleur will, the x-gen rears will not. X-gen referring to x.7 x.9 x.0. Front derailleurs still use the 2:1 cable pull, while the rears only use the 1:1 cable pull. So actually... I'm right.

Members who have read this thread: 0