Have Faith and some Triple Sec, I mean 8- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Have Faith and some Triple Sec, I mean 8

Well the new 888VF2 arrived along with my new tread. I've got a Nevegal 2.7 up front, and a Nev 2.5 in the back. Switched out the grips to some lockizzle's and put the new fork on. I gave it a fresh oil change, sportin' the belray 10 weight, and the final weight of the bike is 49.2 lbs... It's a good thing we shuttle and ride lifts, because she's a fatty fo sho. I have to get some new der. cable as I snapped mine, and I have to get some spacers for my brake mount(that's what the deal is in the picture), but I'm stoked for Saturday.

However, I do have to say I'm a bit dissappointed with the VF2 version. The compression works great, but the rebound is just about non-existant. It does change it from a full on pogo rebound, but it's no rc2x that's for sure. I was thinking that it might be similar to my old Super T with the rebound,(as the compression is burly and just fine) but I was mistaken. Anyhow, folks, some of you were right, the RC2X vs VF2 is like comparing stock nissan frontier suspension to my fabtech aftermarket kit on my chevy...it's night and day. I think for those who've never really used bighit forks before, the fork would be fine, but I can tell just by riding it around in my driveway that it's going to have to get the internals upgraded before I head down to Snowshoe, which fawking sucks. I'm sure it's going to be fine for this weekend, but I'm already regretting my 66rc2x swap out...

So those of you who are about to say "I told you man", well....you were right

Oh well, The bike is sick, and I'm stoked. I just have to get the fork up to par.

Ride on,
    Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    splooge I Cant Wait

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    splooge I Cant Wait
    You're starting to creep me out with your "I CAN'T WAIT'S" What can't you wait about? I must of missed a post you did or something...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer
    You're starting to creep me out with your "I CAN'T WAIT'S" What can't you wait about? I must of missed a post you did or something...
    good point ... kinda creepy

As for your 888VF2 , try swapping the oil in the rebound side to a 10wt or even 15wt
    this will make a big differnce , also remember to check the oil height , damping on zokes is totally dependant on the perfect oil height if you want that fork to feel 100% rock star !

I suggest getting Torco or Golden Spectro oil ... Bel Ray isnt bad either .
    Stay far away from anything that isnt full synthetic and anti foaming .
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Sick looking bike. That thing tops my wieght... Amazing!
    Throw it down NASTY.

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    As for your 888VF2.....
    i dunno, something doesn't sound right. all marzocchi's that i've ever seen had a huge range in damping adjustment. you should be able to make the damping rediculously slow or rediculously fast. if you can't get it to slow down, you probably have air in the chamber, or there's too much thread lock on the damping adjustment and it's preventing you from turning the dial more (happened to me on my roco). but, you should be able to tune that thing to your liking. i have the 04 888rc, which should be the same, and i have no issues at all.

btw, that bike looks sick.
    Last edited by sriracha; 06-29-2006 at 02:30 PM.

mtbr member

As for your 888VF2 , try swapping the oil in the rebound side to a 10wt or even 15wt
    this will make a big differnce , also remember to check the oil height , damping on zokes is totally dependant on the perfect oil height if you want that fork to feel 100% rock star !

I suggest getting Torco or Golden Spectro oil ... Bel Ray isnt bad either .
    Stay far away from anything that isnt full synthetic and anti foaming .
    Yeah I've got belray 10 weight in both stanchions. I dissassembled the top caps, took the springs out and cycled the fork. What was weird was, there's no rod's that come up to the top of the fork like on all the other zokes I've opened up. It was just the top caps, that extended down about 3 inches, a 2 inch spacer or so, and then the springs???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    i dunno, something doesn't sound right. all marzocchi's that i've ever seen had a huge range in damping adjustment. you should be able to make the damping rediculously slow or rediculously fast. if you can't get it to slow down, you probably have air in the chamber, or there's too much thread lock on the damping adjustment and it's preventing you from turning the dial more (happened to me on my roco). but, you should be able to tune that thing to your liking. i have the 04 888rc, which should be the same, and i have no issues at all.
    when all else fails, call marzocchi and speak to ronnie in tech.

Yeah I know what you mean. The adjustment caps at the bottom(rebound and compression) spin very freely, almost too freely. They don't click like all the other zokes I've owned which I found weird. If I back out the rebound all the way the thing pops up super hard, so I know that works, but I can't get to that super slow rebound speed that you'd normally expect from a zoke... I'm stoked non the less, but if I could only get the rebound to work better...maybe your right though, maybe there's air in the chamber from cycling the oil out for the oil change. Maybe it will settle in after some stompage. I'l see how it feels saturday...

rollin
    ...maybe your right though, maybe there's air in the chamber from cycling the oil out for the oil change. Maybe it will settle in after some stompage....
    try turning the bike upside down and let the air rise out of the damping cartridge. or try to bottom the fork out and see if that pushes the air out. with the first generation of the ECC travel control, if you rebuilt the fork, air would get in that cartridge and it wouldn't work. when i cycle the dampers, i always compress them, and then pull on it so it sucks oil back up into it, before assembly.

mtbr member
    Yeah I've got belray 10 weight in both stanchions. I dissassembled the top caps, took the springs out and cycled the fork. What was weird was, there's no rod's that come up to the top of the fork like on all the other zokes I've opened up. It was just the top caps, that extended down about 3 inches, a 2 inch spacer or so, and then the springs???

The rods in the SSVF system extend down ... IE: the reason the ajusters are at the bottom .

As for the ajuster spining freely with no clicks ... this is normal for this version fork , but the harsh pop up sounds like it's oil height is too low .
    Last edited by Evil4bc; 06-22-2006 at 06:35 PM.
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Giant STP 06
    Don't you still need to break it in, too?

mtbr member
    The rods in the SSVF system extend down ... IE: the reason the ajusters are at the bottom .

As for the ajuster spining freely with no clicks ... this is normal for this version fork , but the harsh pop up sounds like it's oil height is too low .

After that is it's still topping out really bad I might suggest adding the longer negitive spring from Zoke , never tried this in a longer travel fork ... but this is what I would try if it was mine . ok hope this helps
    Do explain more, I'm intrigued.

The strong rebound is when I back off the rebound adjuster to no rebound assist. I cycled the fork as mentioned above, and refilled it to recommended height of 225cc's, give or take a lil as my extractor tube is fairly long. The oil should be right there at reccomended height. After all, I measured the oil volume that it came with and it was about 170cc's per leg, looked to be 5 weight...10 weight now. I was familiar with the Super T's and shiver assembly dissassembly but the 888's are a different ball game.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaStinky05
    Don't you still need to break it in, too?
    Yeah it hasn't seen any riding yet. But normally the rebound works right off the bat regardless.

mtbr member
    Man my faith is a heavy pig too i don't want to weigh it like u did because im scared of how much weight i've been pushing around because i weigh like 130 lbs so 50 is 15 lbs off half my weight.

mtbr member
    Do explain more, I'm intrigued.

The strong rebound is when I back off the rebound adjuster to no rebound assist. I cycled the fork as mentioned above, and refilled it to recommended height of 225cc's, give or take a lil as my extractor tube is fairly long. The oil should be right there at reccomended height. After all, I measured the oil volume that it came with and it was about 170cc's per leg, looked to be 5 weight...10 weight now. I was familiar with the Super T's and shiver assembly dissassembly but the 888's are a different ball game.

225cc sounds about right , so how slow is the fork with the rebound turned all the way up?

My 66vf ( same damping only shorter ) with 15wt in the rebound side creeps up at full rebound .

I have also noticed that these forks perform better with the compression ajuster set in the middle .

No after you have cycled the fork so there is no air in the rebound side after you have changed the oil , you should be able to feel the amount of rebound damping without closeing the topcap or putting the springs in , just cycle the fork with the cartrige dial open all the way then after you have gotten all the air bubbles out start to increse the damping with the dial on the bottom about 3/4 of a turn at a time ... cycling the fork after each ajustment . This should give you an idea if there is any air stuck in the cartrige or if your getting any cavitiation in your damping rods stroke . You should by thge end be able to get your fork to basically creep up . Good luck !

EDIT: No longer negitive spring is availible for the 888 or the 66 .. forgot about the differnce in DIA. of the damping cartriges .
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorcoRider
    Man my faith is a heavy pig too i don't want to weigh it like u did because im scared of how much weight i've been pushing around because i weigh like 130 lbs so 50 is 15 lbs off half my weight.
    Yeah I don't really care about weight. The bike is solid, and I have it setup the way I want it. It has a footprint to impress bigfoot, the suspension is 8 inches of stomping power, and the rest of the bike is solid. I'm not a racer, and I don't use it to pedal up forever as we shuttle around here now and I'm hoping to get in some ski resort riding this summer as I"ve found 3 places under 5 hours now. Next is my AM/trail short travel bike build, those specialized enduro trail's are looking might fine , this is where I'll worry about weight. I"m so stoked, just gotta get the front dizznialed.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the tip bro, I'll try that out tomorrow

225cc sounds about right , so how slow is the fork with the rebound turned all the way up?

My 66vf ( same damping only shorter ) with 15wt in the rebound side creeps up at full rebound .

I have also noticed that these forks perform better with the compression ajuster set in the middle .

No after you have cycled the fork so there is no air in the rebound side after you have changed the oil , you should be able to feel the amount of rebound damping without closeing the topcap or putting the springs in , just cycle the fork with the cartrige dial open all the way then after you have gotten all the air bubbles out start to increse the damping with the dial on the bottom about 3/4 of a turn at a time ... cycling the fork after each ajustment . This should give you an idea if there is any air stuck in the cartrige or if your getting any cavitiation in your damping rods stroke . You should by thge end be able to get your fork to basically creep up . Good luck !

EDIT: No longer negitive spring is availible for the 888 or the 66 .. forgot about the differnce in DIA. of the damping cartriges .

Xtremely Moderate
    Two of me brothas in the HL crew pedal up Galby, Fromme, & Cypress on identically decked out Faiths. There are no hills in the OH that you can't pedal that rig up.

Hmmm. Me thinks I smell "fork discontent" again. I still think you should've kept the 66.
    I predict a Fox 40 purchase next.................
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Two of me brothas in the HL crew pedal up Galby, Fromme, & Cypress on identically decked out Faiths. There are no hills in the OH that you can't pedal that rig up.

Hmmm. Me thinks I smell "fork discontent" again. I still think you should've kept the 66.
    TYrust me there really are hills you couldn't even pedal an XC bike up. Not saying we have mountains or anything but there are a couple that the terrain is really wild.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis
    TYrust me there really are hills you couldn't even pedal an XC bike up. Not saying we have mountains or anything but there are a couple that the terrain is really wild.
    Oh yeah Josh faster rebound on a fork is nothing to worry about... the rear shock sure but the front... faster is better IMHO.

N* Bomber Crew
    Make sure you get a opinion after you break in the fork. SSVF type systems perform best after they've been properly beaten .

So go beat it up.

Sick ass bike BTW.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Oh yeah Josh faster rebound on a fork is nothing to worry about... the rear shock sure but the front... faster is better IMHO.
    Not the way I like my ride setup. I can't stand landing and feeling fork spike...

mtbr member
    Nah, I wish. Fox 40 is waaaay out of my budget. Like I said, if I don't like it after this weekend, I'm going to have it got through an RC2X sex change at Marz...

mtbr member
    Yeah we have one steep hill at Mohican, it's similar to pushing up the shore fireroads only not as long.

EIO, have you ridden Tiger Mtn. yet? We have a few fireroads that are like the steep section's of the fireroad there, do-able yes, but definently steep.

Xtremely Moderate
    Yeah we have one steep hill at Mohican, it's similar to pushing up the shore fireroads only not as long.

EIO, have you ridden Tiger Mtn. yet? We have a few fireroads that are like the steep section's of the fireroad there, do-able yes, but definently steep.
    Yep. Been to Tiger plenty of times. I will probably go this weekend as well.
    Yep. Steep. But the HL brothas leave me huffing and puffing in their dust on fireroads like that.

There's another poach we ride out past Tiger that's much worse. I could feel my heartbeat in my ears as I was trying to keep up with those guys.

eio is always the last man to the top.

Of course the pre-ride "safety meetings" don't help my cause.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    Yep. Been to Tiger plenty of times. I will probably go this weekend as well.
    Yep. Steep. But the HL brothas leave me huffing and puffing in their dust on fireroads like that.

There's another poach we ride out past Tiger that's much worse. I could feel my heartbeat in my ears as I was trying to keep up with those guys.

eio is always the last man to the top.

Of course the pre-ride "safety meetings" don't help my cause.
    Exit 27 is fairly mellow of a climb IMO, except that big hill. Exit 38 is steep, but we used to shuttle that spot. Are those two still kickin'? There's another exit that's on the other side, it's probably the longest in that area, I can't remember the name though, it's back in there quiet aways. So you hittin' up SST a lot? Where else did I used to ride There's some SICK single track up 410, I forget the name of the one trail but you can shuttle it almost all the way, it's got to be a good 5-7 miles of just fast flowy single track all downhill, and if you connect it in with Skookum flats, it's one heck of a ride for an AM type bike. We used to hike crystal mountain too, they have some epic single track, but if you time it right you can catch a ride with the workers and get a ride to almost the top. If not, that has to be my record hike-a-bike place in WA. I used to push straight up the middle of Crystal Mtn....took about 2 hours on a hot day.

B'ham has the Academy trail, not sure if that's still alive or not, but there's some pretty large stuff out there. Then there's Snoqualmie, that used to have the lift service but they gave up on that which blew... Also there's Galbraith, which you already are familar with from a thread I read. I also built a few trails out at Victor falls if it's not developed, there's some stuff out there that's fun, but definently not worth a whole day. Other than those trails, we used to go to Whistler, but that was what we hit up when I lived there for 3 years. Kind of ironic you used to be here and I used to be there and now the tables have switched...someday will have to hook up and ride. BTW, do you ride with any of the guys over on RM? Olie, Skookum, looks like you hooked up with EBX and X-large w/cheese. My main riding bro is Jacob, he works at Bike Tech in Puyallup. He gave up the big bike riding once I left as we were partners in crime for riding and whistler trips. He was insaine, I always told him he should persue sponsorship as he cleaned everthing on 27, and all the other trails out there with style... If your down that way sometime stop in and tell him Josh said hey, and to get his arse back out there and start riding

In exile
    Looks nice bro.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by loco-gringo
    Looks nice bro.
    Thanks, had to bump it one last time

mtbr member
    Not the way I like my ride setup. I can't stand landing and feeling fork spike...
    Don't know if you mean it this way but "spiking" is actually refering to the dampening (rebound or compression) being prevented from moving free enough to absorb the energy of a hit and for a breif moment becomes locked out or close to it.

I would only be concerned with compression spiking. Rebound spinking would be the result of crappy dampening and in anyevent it would be expoited by slower rebound settings.

I think you mean top out where the fork returns to full extension and you hear/feels the negative travel spring "top out".

Take it apart and look at the carts the hole might be tweaked or missaligned a little. You could also cut a little off of the PVC spaces... or make you own about a quarter inch smaller. That will help.

Just rebuilt my shiver last night and took it down to 178mm travel to fit my 2.7 nevegal w/out hitting the lower crown. Snowshoe here I come!!!!

Glad to Be Alive
    nice looking bike
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

rollin
    Thanks, had to bump it one last time
    so, what's up? did you resolve the problem? keep us informed.

mtbr member
    i rode the 888vf on a demo 9 last weekend and ya i know just from riding it around the lot that the rebound seemed very fast. i wouldn't like that either on the drops or jumps unless i was racing. i guess i just spoiled by my 888r but the compression felt fine. i think as long as you haven't ridden the RC version then the VF feels ok. good luck with it....

mtbr member
    so, what's up? did you resolve the problem? keep us informed.
    I did as mentioned, took the top caps off, and the plastic spacers and cycled it upright through the different settings. It's still really fast on the rebound but the compression is burly as shiate, no need for stiffer springs thats fo shizzle. Now if I could only figure out the rebound I'd be stoked. Other than the rebound, the fork is pretty dope. It feels like a very big Super T that's really rigid. I just put a good day on it, and by the end of today it was feeling pretty smooth like all zokes do after some pounce time. However, as ebfreerider pointed out, if you've ridden the better model, the dampening difference is noticable. It's still rigid, and feels a lot stiffer than my other forks, but the rc2x system is hands down pimp. I guess I'd compare it to my shiver, but having riddent the rc2x for a bit on the 66, I want the kit in my 8's... Oh well, it's still a solid rigid fork and takes a pouncing with a "thank you" and a "what that was it?" . I'll keep ya'll posted after my SnowShizzle trip next weekend.

mtbr member
    I did as mentioned, took the top caps off, and the plastic spacers and cycled it upright through the different settings. It's still really fast on the rebound but the compression is burly as shiate, no need for stiffer springs thats fo shizzle. Now if I could only figure out the rebound I'd be stoked.

O.K ... I got an idea for the REBOUND side only ... Golden Spectro 20wt
    I use this in my lower end forks and it make's a BIG differnce !!
    It's thick purple and makes even the worst fork feel like a champ !!!

Sounds like the 10wt might still be a bit hight for the compression side , but if it's working dont try to fix it , jsut dump the oil out of the rebound side and cycle in some of the purple goo-dness and your fork should be set .
    Hope this helps get you set up
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    O.K ... I got an idea for the REBOUND side only ... Golden Spectro 20wt
    I use this in my lower end forks and it make's a BIG differnce !!
    It's thick purple and makes even the worst fork feel like a champ !!!

Sounds like the 10wt might still be a bit hight for the compression side , but if it's working dont try to fix it , jsut dump the oil out of the rebound side and cycle in some of the purple goo-dness and your fork should be set .
    Hope this helps get you set up
    Hmm...that's an interesting concept. So what you're saying is if I put some 5 weight in the compression side, it's going to compress fairly supple, and if I drop some 20 weight in the rebound side it will "slow your roll" lol, slang for slow down the rebound?

mtbr member
    Hmm...that's an interesting concept. So what you're saying is if I put some 5 weight in the compression side, it's going to compress fairly supple, and if I drop some 20 weight in the rebound side it will "slow your roll" lol, slang for slow down the rebound?

I have never ran the same oil wt in both the compression and rebound sides of my forks , usually the trick is to run lighter rebound WT . and heavier comp WT oil's to help forks cope with "real " rideing ... the trick back in the day was to run 15wt in the compression side of your boxxxer and 10 wt rebound .

Now for your fork ...
    Well not 5wt that's a bit too light ..... stock is 7.5 in Marzocchi forks .
    So you said you had 10wt in the compression side now and it's really still ?
    Leave it for now and bump the rebound side up to 20

If then the fork is too harsh , try either lowering the oil height on the compression side a tiny bit or go down to a 7.5 wt oil .

Sounds like the 20 wt is going to be the ticket for the rebound side if you really want to feel something !!! If that doesnt work try Mrs. Butterworth's just watch for bears on thoes back country rides if your fork starts to heat up ... MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm do I smell pancakes ?
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    I have never ran the same oil wt in both the compression and rebound sides of my forks , usually the trick is to run lighter rebound WT . and heavier comp WT oil's to help forks cope with "real " rideing ... the trick back in the day was to run 15wt in the compression side of your boxxxer and 10 wt rebound .

Now for your fork ...
    Well not 5wt that's a bit too light ..... stock is 7.5 in Marzocchi forks .
    So you said you had 10wt in the compression side now and it's really still ?
    Leave it for now and bump the rebound side up to 20

If then the fork is too harsh , try either lowering the oil height on the compression side a tiny bit or go down to a 7.5 wt oil .

Sounds like the 20 wt is going to be the ticket for the rebound side if you really want to feel something !!! If that doesnt work try Mrs. Butterworth's just watch for bears on thoes back country rides if your fork starts to heat up ... MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm do I smell pancakes ?
    lol... Like coming down crabapple and taking a spill next to one of the bearnstine bear's that just chill along the side lines...you know what they be thinking when they smell that honey...

kona-tize me captain
    dude thats a great lookign bike. i lvoe the profile that your kendas have. that whole on the driveside chainstay, can you run your cable through there and attach it to the rear derailleur that be pretty trick i think
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member

Wow

that is freakin awesome.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Hmmm, you have me considering upgrading the SuperT on my rig...you seem to have time on both, what are your thoughts?

ohh, I think I left my goggles in your truck bed that weekend at the knob

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchannell
    Hmmm, you have me considering upgrading the SuperT on my rig...you seem to have time on both, what are your thoughts?

ohh, I think I left my goggles in your truck bed that weekend at the knob
    Alex,

What's up man, yeah I got your goggles here. Super T is a great fork, if your not blowing through the travel, and you're happy, just ride it till it's toast. However, that being said, if you do spring for a new fork, definently spend the extra $2 bills and get the RC2X version, or get the VF2 and get the RC2X cartridges if you find a smokin deal. There are 2005 888RC's for around what I paid for my 2006, but I would of had to get the low rider crowns so it all kind of works out in the wash. The fork is solid, it's 8 inches of stomping power, I'm super stoked. The dampening isn't as plush as the 7" RC2X I had so I think after Snowshoe I might be sending it off for an upgrade. I still haven't gotten a quote yet but I'm guessing around $150-$200? The higher end model really does ride a lot smoother, and there's tons more adjustments that actually adjust lol

mtbr member
    splooge I Cant Wait
    I think he might be getting a Faith, or at least that's what I hope he keeps saying that for.

whats the giant fiath seatube diameter?
    one day youll see why I CANT WAIT
    Well as long as your not talking about killing me or anything deviant it's all good. It's just kind of creepy as you keep saying that and I don't know you, like e-stalker crazy

Anyhow, not sure what seat dia is because I cut the part off that stated it.

Aren't you the one that said you are moving up this way :confused

BTW, your inbox is full.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I just checked the differince in wholesale costs of the VF2 vs the RC2, a $171 differince. I would guess your looking at over $200 for the swap (with labor and all)

Bum Buzzer
    when all else fails, call marzocchi and speak to ronnie in tech.

Cheap damping sucks... done.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchannell
    I just checked the differince in wholesale costs of the VF2 vs the RC2, a $171 differince. I would guess your looking at over $200 for the swap (with labor and all)
    Yeah probably, but I got shop hook ups yo.

I used to be a mech too

SMT Supporter
    Forget about tha forks and ride the god damn bike!!! btw tah bike looks so sick! to much time concerned about the friggin fork and little time of riding!

Glad to Be Alive
    Yeah probably, but I got shop hook ups yo.

I used to be a mech too
    man don't brag that stuff...or any ep pricing
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

keystone addict
    How do you like those nevegals? Do they have good pinch-flat-resistance/stiff side walls?

RFKA Coldsnap
    May 2005
    What's the head angle on one of those Faiths?

I'm a tall dude and test rode a 17" and it seemed like a perfect fit for my 6'5" self. Then after picking up my 7Point I saw that you can flip the shock plate and slack out the head angle on the Faith by another degree or two. But I haven't heard any decent reports of how the bike rides after that.

You should give it a shot!
    EXTREEM MEDIUM MOUNTAINSTYLE SLOPCROSS STEEDS:
    '06 Iron Horse 7Point3 w/888RC + Roco
    '05 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc FR-Pimped
    '92 Specialized HardRock Pink-Retro-XC-Pimped

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    How do you like those nevegals? Do they have good pinch-flat-resistance/stiff side walls?
    Nevegals are Pimpalicious! Been running them for three years now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Butter Topping
    What's the head angle on one of those Faiths?

I'm a tall dude and test rode a 17" and it seemed like a perfect fit for my 6'5" self. Then after picking up my 7Point I saw that you can flip the shock plate and slack out the head angle on the Faith by another degree or two. But I haven't heard any decent reports of how the bike rides after that.

You should give it a shot!
    I did and didn't like it. It's raked enough for me stock, especially now with my 888. With the flipped links, if your running the single crown 66 it puts more stress on the steer tube, and is really raked out. If I was running straight down gnar gnar like my whistler summer then I might consider it, but it seems too raked out with them flipped so I switched them back.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    man don't brag that stuff...or any ep pricing
    He's a guy I ride with, and I didn't list any pricing beotch.

mtbr member
    I just got back from kicking horse resort in Golden yesterday and the faith took it good. Very very technical and steep with lots of rocks and rock faces is what kicking horse is and with 7000 feet of vertical the runs are very hard on the body but the bike had absolutly no troubles even though i took a couple of pretty good wipeouts, one on the wide open fireroad where you can get going very fast so theres another good reccommendation for the faith.

Members who have read this thread: 0