hand cramping...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

hand cramping...

ok so i just got this new bike the 07 sx trial... and i have been up to the Tamarack about 4 times this year and going up more. The thing is that everytime I'm coming down and braking/going off jumps/over bumps my fingers start to cramp up. Like this jolting pain (pinkie and ring finger). I grip with either my middle finger or my index and middle.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

P.S. I also adjusted my brake levers, but that didn't help enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've been riding at Northstar the last few weekends and I threw on some Ergon freeride grips, and they totally saved my hands. All my friends were complaining about pinky finger pains except for me. Although they are quite pricy, the hump in the middle of the grip allows your hand/fingers to spread out rather squish together when braking and pinch nerves which is probably the jolting pain you are experiencing. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by marinwolfrider; 08-06-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Glad to Be Alive
    when you sit on your bike when you are riding....is your levers in a straitline with your arms? So you don't have a funky bend at the wrist

how far is your throw (brake levers....are you reaching)??

are you riding fast or our you on the brakes a lot??

did you move your brake levers to the inside allowing only your index finger to grab the end of the lever...(kind of like a teter tooter.....the farther you are out the more you weigh...same with levers....

are you relaxed when riding or our you tense because the trail is hard for you??

any of these things can be the problem
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

i drink shower water
    you smoke cigarettes? they can cause blood flow restrictions to your digits.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

Meh.
    If the levers have very little "travel" or "throw" to them before engaging, your hands will fatigue faster. When you hand pulls closer to the bar, you have more leverage and control. It's biometrics.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

ok thanks

and no i dont smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

Members who have read this thread: 0