GT Chucker Fork question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

GT Chucker Fork question

Hey guys, im not sure if this is where this post belongs but, do any of you guys know if i could throw a pair of Marzocchi 05 drop off triples on my 2007 GT chucker 2.0, well my real questions are, how does the solid axle work? and is a 265mm steer tube long, like plenty for the average bike, cause i have a pair of RST lauch forks on there but i want a higher travel fork for some bigger drop offs, and my budget is limeted, well im new to all this upgrading and all, im used to just hopping on a bike and riding =P any help would be appreciated, thanks!

ride hard take risks
    Way to much fork for the bike.

Check out a minute 3:0 fork.

http://www.ibexbikes.com/Sale-Clearance.html
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    well i just want alot of travel (the RST launch shocks that are on there bottomed out off a 15 foot train bridge, but it had maybe a four foot landing), so i need either alot of travel or a stiff fork

moaaar shimz
    Your Chucker cant handle 150mm + forks, so I suggest Marzocchi Z1, reduced Rockshox Domain (via u-turn) or a Rockshox Pike.

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    I have a Chucker meself, and I got a 2002 Marzo DJ II on it. But if I were you, don't get a DC on it. (when I start working I will get a hardtail that can handle a DC...)

The old school marzocchi DJ series have a 130 or 150mm version and its good enough for DH/FR.

If you are looking for RST forks, get the new RST Space. It looks good, and RST is stepping up its game. It won't fvck up your frame either coz its a DJ fork, and DJ is what the Chucker is made for.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

Members who have read this thread: 0