Grip Question- Mtbr.com

Thread: Grip Question

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

New question here. Grip Question

I'm running ODI Rogue grips now. I've been getting pretty gnarly blisters, so I'm thinking I need new gloves. My bud runs the ODI Ruffians and the same gloves I have. He doesn't get blisters as bad as I do. So I was wondering if changing grips would help. I know a lot of racers who say they prefer the Ruffians, but I figured it was because of their low profile. Anyone out there with experience with these two kind of grips, that could give me some advice? Would changing from Rogues to Ruffians help lower the occurance of blisters?

Don't skid
    try alternating hands when punishing your monkey, that way you build up callouses.

I just gota set of the Rogues this weekend and have no probs with blisters.

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    I've been using the Rogue grips for 7 months now with no problem. Maybe you're holding on too tight.

Glad to Be Alive
    [QUOTE=KONA_in_SB]try alternating hands when punishing your monkey, that way you build up callouses.

don't believe Kona I use lotion.....i mean i heard people use lotion. ...i mean.....damm

n00b eternal
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-Tip
    I'm running ODI Rogue grips now. I've been getting pretty gnarly blisters, so I'm thinking I need new gloves. My bud runs the ODI Ruffians and the same gloves I have. He doesn't get blisters as bad as I do. So I was wondering if changing grips would help. I know a lot of racers who say they prefer the Ruffians, but I figured it was because of their low profile. Anyone out there with experience with these two kind of grips, that could give me some advice? Would changing from Rogues to Ruffians help lower the occurance of blisters?
    I still get blisters, but Ruffians are much better than Rogues. Thinner grips are better for DH anyway, because with all of the braking and jumping, thick grips make you pump your hands too much. That said you will notice some difference going to a thinner grip. I won't ride with anything else. I feel like thinner grips also give me better control of my bike.

north bush biker

i like

i like my race face grips. they arn't lock on but i added a little super glue when i put them on so they don' slip. when it comes time to replace them all i hafta do is take a knife an cut them off no biggie.
    RIDE HARD,RIDE FAST

mtbr member
    May 2004
    no no no, u have yet to expeirence a real grip till you try the Intense/ODI lock on setup. so much better, thin with a cut flangde and a super grippy compound. the only complaint i have is, they wear kinda quick, they should last a season. they r so much better than any other grip i have tried. i will never go back, i even have them on my xc bike

n00b eternal
    Quote Originally Posted by bighitboy
    no no no, u have yet to expeirence a real grip till you try the Intense/ODI lock on setup. so much better, thin with a cut flangde and a super grippy compound. the only complaint i have is, they wear kinda quick, they should last a season. they r so much better than any other grip i have tried. i will never go back, i even have them on my xc bike
    I've briefly used the intense (parking lot test), they are thicker than Ruffians. If you really like a flange, the Ruffians are available with one, but you will have to cut them (BMX version). Like I said, I think super thin grippy grips are the best, but that is my opinion. I don't like the logos on the Intense grips, too much cush.

north bush biker

i do

Quote Originally Posted by bighitboy
    yea i have a set of intense flanged grips. i have them worn right down... they r on my FR bike. i just buy cheep ones for my xc.. cuz well if my grip slips its no biggie.. not like if your doing a drop and you land and your grip twists.
    RIDE HARD,RIDE FAST