Good to see Colorado going off...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Good to see Colorado going off...

Between the slopestyle at the Teva Mountain Games and Crankworx, I'm glad to see that Colorado is getting some legit freeride events! WOOT.

Video here: https://tevamountaingames.com/flix.cfm

Can I Borrow Some Style?
    I am down with that man. I have lived in CO my whole life and Mountain biked my whole life as well. Its good to see some great events being put together for freeriders instead of just the XC racers. And its sick to see the level of trail building that is being done in CO as well. I am in keystone for a few days and so far it has just been unreal.
    Passion is what we all need, the rest is secondary.
    Yeah I ride fixed on occasion, get over it.

Bike Ninja |||
    Quote Originally Posted by cmooreboards
    I am down with that man. I have lived in CO my whole life and Mountain biked my whole life as well. Its good to see some great events being put together for freeriders instead of just the XC racers. And its sick to see the level of trail building that is being done in CO as well. I am in keystone for a few days and so far it has just been unreal.
    yea keystone kills it. that's all i can say.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yep it's really good to see!

Slopestyle Rider
    I wish I had known about the Teva Mountain Games... I need more jumping events to compete in... There's always next year.

Ricky DH
    Yeah but what's their issue with DH racing? The last race I know they had there was the World Championships about 6 years ago.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by rep_1969
    Yeah but what's their issue with DH racing? The last race I know they had there was the World Championships about 6 years ago.
    Vail's issue with racing DH? Who knows... personally I think that Vail resorts wants to keep all of the hoodlums out of their pristine resorts (Vail and BC) and keep us all "confined" to Keystone, hence no DHing and no racing. But then they go and have the Teva Mountain Games so what do I know? Trials and slopestyle is infinitely more marketable to the random passersby than a DH race, maybe that's it. Vail is a sick mountain and has tons of great terrain, but if DH racing doesn't fit with their marketing then so be it.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Members who have read this thread: 0