Good chain- Mtbr.com

Thread: Good chain

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Good chain

What are some good chains (8sd) for dirtjumping, DH, FR? I just broke my new SRAM, I have no idea how but two of the links were twisted??? Havent dropped it or anything.

jonny carson isn't dead
    i'd say just keep getting sram, chains break all the freakin time, its one of the rules of the world

Glad to Be Alive
    it is not the chain...check your chain length
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cake96861
    What are some good chains (8sd) for dirtjumping, DH, FR? I just broke my new SRAM, I have no idea how but two of the links were twisted??? Havent dropped it or anything.

You didnt have it soaking in cleaner/degreaser for a period of time did you? If you leave a sram chain soaking for an extended period it swells the bushing material and causes it to fail in multiple locations......

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Im not sure about the length, ill check. No degreaser, just simple green, lots of water to rinse and then tri lube....anyway im still in need of a new chain. I saw sachs, shim, and sram. Which one of the three are the best for durability.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cake96861
    Im not sure about the length, ill check. No degreaser, just simple green, lots of water to rinse and then tri lube....anyway im still in need of a new chain. I saw sachs, shim, and sram. Which one of the three are the best for durability.....

As stated earlier Sram is still probably your best bet.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    As stated earlier Sram is still probably your best bet.
    Ditto on the Sram

Disco-Superfly
    Sram and whipperman connex are the best for 8 speed chains, and the srams are cheaper, get another sram, preferably pc 58
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    cool, guess ill buy in bulk. i like the powerlink that has to be the coolest idea! i read some mixed reviews on the link, but so far the only issue with that chain was that link that was a normal one, the powerlink hasnt given me any issues....thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0