Goggles or no goggles- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2016

Goggles or no goggles

Hey,

I don't tend to get along with goggles so much for the following reasons.

Any ideas how to get around these issues, I don't wear them as a result but think I probably should.. I'm using Oakley Crowbars with a standard clear lens

1) After a short while I simply get too hot! Without get the ventilation on my face I overheat
    2) I steam up the moment I stop riding and remove them, then putting them back on I have moisture all over the inside of the lens

Should I get better lenses? Should I get a better 'ventilated' goggle?

Thanks

mtbr member
    You can fix both problems very easily. Look at the top of the goggles and in between the foam that rest on your face and the lens holder, there will be some more foam. Take a knife and cut that foam out. There will be plastic underneath the foam with holes in it. By removing the foam your goggles and your face will have circulation. Also remove the foam on the bottom. They're small holes in the frame that keep junk out. 3 of us had problems this year @Whistler where the temps would change 30* throughout the day. The goggles looked like a windshield during a downpour. We removed the foam and problem solved. Even in the dust @Creek this year I had zero problems.

Ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

May The Force Be With You
    Goggle's keep my eyes from watering at high speed does good for keeping mud and dust out too
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '01 Straight 8
    '16 Balance
    '11 Jedi (for sale, small)

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn View Post
    You can fix both problems very easily. Look at the top of the goggles and in between the foam that rest on your face and the lens holder, there will be some more foam. Take a knife and cut that foam out. There will be plastic underneath the foam with holes in it. By removing the foam your goggles and your face will have circulation. Also remove the foam on the bottom. They're small holes in the frame that keep junk out. 3 of us had problems this year @Whistler where the temps would change 30* throughout the day. The goggles looked like a windshield during a downpour. We removed the foam and problem solved. Even in the dust @Creek this year I had zero problems.

Ttyl, Fahn
    Thanks Bud, will do!