Go-Ride.com Triple Clamps- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Go-Ride.com Triple Clamps

Sorry if there is alot of posts about this but I couldnt find them so if there are could someone link me . Anyway, I was thinking of buying the set for xmas but after I rode my local dh trails again I dont know if I need them. If anyone here here has them Why did you get them and do you like them? What are they suposed to do, like is it just suposed to make the the turning radius sharper or do they do other stuff to? I have a 04 Demo 9 and I ride alot of DH and FR and im about 125 lbs.

Pro Crastinator
    if you can swing the new clamps fom marzocchi, i'd get them, they are way tight looking in black.......

they will slightly improve your turning radius and slightly lower your headtube, steepining it up in the process.....

that being said, you don't really need them. they are really a lot of hype IMO.....
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 12-22-2004 at 09:56 AM. Reason: eye suk at spelling

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoxpro
    Sorry if there is alot of posts about this but I couldnt find them so if there are could someone link me . Anyway, I was thinking of buying the set for xmas but after I rode my local dh trails again I dont know if I need them. If anyone here here has them Why did you get them and do you like them? What are they suposed to do, like is it just suposed to make the the turning radius sharper or do they do other stuff to? I have a 04 Demo 9 and I ride alot of DH and FR and im about 125 lbs.
    motoxpro,
    i've been thinking about them for my demo 9 too, but decided its not really necesary on this bike. just slide your crowns down to the lowest level and rip.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Ya, I think ill just wait. Maybe if I start racing or somthing but I think I can spend 250$ a little better. Any ideas I have 250 to burn .
    Last edited by Motoxpro; 12-21-2004 at 08:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Actually the new Marz Low ride CnC machined crowns are optional when buying the fork now(tripple 8). So Don't get B.S'ed talking to your lbs saying its not because it is.

/dev/null
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_winner1
    Actually the new Marz Low ride CnC machined crowns are optional when buying the fork now(tripple 8). So Don't get B.S'ed talking to your lbs saying its not because it is.
    They are optional for an upcharge. I believe it was a $125 upcharge.

I'm sure that doesn't apply to OEM parts on bikes, though.

mtbr member
    I love my 888 low rider crowns. They made my bike corner so much better. I ride a FLY. I have no problems on the steeps either. I hated the way the original 888 felt. The front wheel would lob side to side on anything but steep techy riding. It makes the bike have a more FR feel than just a DH bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    if you can swing the new clamps fom marzocchi, i'd get them, they are way tight looking in black.......

they will slightly improve your turning radius and slightly lower your headtube, steepining it up in the process.....

that being said, you don't really need them. they are really a lot of hype IMO.....
    Everyone has an opinion on what works for them. However, so far we have not had a single return on the crowns. Every customer I have talked to feels the crowns greatly improve the handling of their bike. From the very beginning, when I had the idea for the crowns, it was only to improve the handling, and had very little to do with making money.

Originally, we only planned on making 10 sets for our team and close friends. A whole lot of crowns later and it seems that a lot of riders feel the need for better handling. Heck, even Marz has gone and copied our crowns for '05.

WCH, if I remember corrrectly you have an older 6.75" travel Monster T. That fork is about 2" shorter in axle to crown height than the 8" 888. With that much shorter fork it would be very hard to understand how much the taller 888 effects the handling of a bike.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    ........WCH, if I remember corrrectly you have an older 6.75" travel Monster T. That fork is about 2" shorter in axle to crown height than the 8" 888. With that much shorter fork it would be very hard to understand how much the taller 888 effects the handling of a bike.
    but i still have virtually the same ride height as all of my friends 7" version plus i have a tall stem and a bar with a decent amount of rise. i know all too well about how it affects the handling, i'm not some novice.

i love tall ride heights up front, call me silly, but i think it makes it easer to smoke thru steep rough stuff.....
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 01-23-2007 at 10:01 AM.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoxpro
    Ya, I think ill just wait. Maybe if I start racing or somthing but I think I can spend 250$ a little better. Any ideas I have 250 to burn .
    get rid of those specialized pedals for a start. throw some lock on grips on and maybe a different headset(or just wait till the one on there craps out, which it will). you have the pro right? if so i would throw an evil srs on there and your set.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    but i still have virtually the same ride height as all of my friends 7" version plus i have a tall stem and a bar with a decent amount of rise. i know all too well about how it affects the handling, i'm not some novice.

i love tall ride heights up front, call me silly, but i think it makes it easer to smoke thru steep rough stuff.....
    It's really not about bar height. It's about steering angle. Your Foes Mono works great with a 66 degree steering angle, which is pretty much what you will get from an earlier Monster T. Unfortunately, if you add an 8" 888 to the Mono it goes to 64 degrees and turns rather poorly.

I will agree that, to a point, a slacker steering angle does handle steep STRAIGHT chutes better than a steeper steering angle. Of course if there is a turn at the bottom of the chute an overly slack bike will tend to push and over steer the corner. Hopefully that corner is not the edge of a cliff.

If what you ride is mostly steep chutes and cliff drops then a super slack bike is fine. However, if you want to ride twisty dh trails or race, then cornering performance is much more important. Those are the riders who are buying our crowns.

Everyone has there own perference and I believe you should ride what works for you.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup: