Glory X0 review- Mtbr.com

Thread: Glory X0 review

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Glory X0 review

Anybody ridden a Giant Glory X0 8" yet? I would really like to know if it would be worth upgrading from a Faith 20"

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Only you can awnser that. But that depends on what you want to do. The faith is a freeride bike and the glory is a race bike(but I'm not saying it can't freeride). If your looking for a new more raceish bike than It would be a good choice. Have you tride flipping your links upside down? That will also provide your faith with a slacker HA and lower BB.

But I would also say that if you have to ask if its worth it, then its probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover Nick
    Only you can awnser that. But that depends on what you want to do. The faith is a freeride bike and the glory is a race bike(but I'm not saying it can't freeride). If your looking for a new more raceish bike than It would be a good choice. Have you tride flipping your links upside down? That will also provide your faith with a slacker HA and lower BB.

But I would also say that if you have to ask if its worth it, then its probably not.
    You're right. Only he can answer it.

Yes the Faith is a freeride bike- but Ameil Cavalier won the Worlds as a jr on one- so I guess that shows you can race it...

Giant discontinued the Faith and replaced it with an 8" travel Glory. I'm assuming this is the one he's asking about.

So... the 8" travel Glory is geared more towards freeride- but I'd use it for either race or freeride- then again I'd use the Glory DH for both as well. They are both good pedaling good handling, strong long travel bikes...

Is it worth switching? Sure- I'm running a Glory with a Roco on the back right now and I like it better than my old Faith.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Glory ride

I was lucky enough to do a short pavment test ride on the Glory freeride and I loved it ... it took these monsterous stairs as if I was floating ... the suspension is trick ...dropped great and weight was not an issue ... Also the geometry was great!

I preffered however my travis over the 66 sl that was stocked on the glory ... (probably cause it was soft)

Would i buy one? ... Hell yes
    Why didn't I? I liked the session better overall ... and the gold color ano sold me.

It pedals very well for 8 inches ...

I would in my case get the glory freeride over glory dh ... My riding is alot of freride xc-dh
    but if i was racing purely dh ... i think i would still opt for the freeride version ... the geometry was trick ... just real easy doing alot of stupid kicks ect ...

I have owned a giant dh before and loved it ...

--Drew goodluck

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Is the glory FR frame and the Glory DH frame the same?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    no ... FR frame has less travel diff geometry and is a lighter frame.

--Drew

Members who have read this thread: 0