glory vs sunday- Mtbr.com

Thread: glory vs sunday

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

glory vs sunday

a commercial question glory versus Sunday
    please ignore the spec and judge the general behavior of the frame
    speed corning air time
    Last edited by loolilon; 09-15-2007 at 12:23 PM.

N* Bomber Crew
    For Speed and Cornering the Sunday can't be beat. The super low bottom bracket, long wheel base and super slack head angle also allow the bike to rip it super fast. However, I hate the Sunday's super low bottom bracket and long wheelbase, it feels so sloppy and sluggish on technical terrain at low to mid speeds.

The Glory on the other hand I've never had a chance to hop on. I like the geo of the Glory better than the Sunday however. I can't speak for the Glory, only the Sunday, sorry.

If you want a pure bred racer, the Sunday is it. If you're looking to downhill in all sorts of terrain and maybe some freeride (Jumps, Stunts, Drops etc.) I'd suggest the Glory. The Sunday's geo is meant to be raced and raced fast, if thats what you're going for then yeah go for the Sunday.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Equal opportunity meanie
    Well a Glory won't lose frame bolts and bearings if you look at it wrong. Or at least not as quickly.

Speed? Pedal harder. Air time? Go faster. They'll both corner fine. You just don't need to have a custom valved shock for the Glory.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have been on a proto sunday since late 04 i love the bike, it is made for pure speed, at lower speeds it becomes kinda a dog but let it open up and she flies. I have had tons of problems with bearings and shock pins/bolts. the newer sunday has the 10mm hardware which solves this prob. we are sponsored by Giant next year, so I am looking forward to my Glory!!!
    2020 Santa Cruz Megatower

2019 Chromag Rootdown

2019 Specialized Stump-jumper EVO 29er

2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R

mtbr member
    The Glory is awesome, way more agile than i expected. And VERY fast! It is like the cadillac of bikes. I would definately recommend one.

mtbr member
    Glory frame is to heavy as it is a cheapish frame. If not sunday I'd prefer Commencal(turner/tomac - the same geo but commencal has more adjustments ) or lapierre (would be good to have the frame that nico rides not the stock but it still looks kinda like a better glory )

Glad to Be Alive
    What day is it???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    if i want a single pivot i will buy an orange but i don't so turner and the rest are not relevant

mtbr member
    Lapierre is a virtual pivot system. Quite advanced.

mtbr member
    Glory is my choice because I was on one this past season. By far the best DH bike I have ever ridden or raced on. I have only ridden a Sunday a few times and the ownerís weight is the same as mine so the suspension was very close to the way I like it. The Glory is a little more weight than the Sunday but you donít feel it after your going. You can build a Glory around 40 to 41 lbs easy. The Sunday around 37 to 39 lbs easy. The Glory was more stable over the rocks, roots, and higher speeds to me than the Sunday. The Sundays rear end skipped around more than I liked. The Glory didnít. Both bikes turn on a dime and have a snappy feeling to them. Like being on a DS bike!!! Both bikes were also easy to bunny hop and very stable in the air. The thing that sold me on the Glory was the overall build for the $$. You can beat that at all and after selling a few parts off the bike new to get lighter parts it just made things easier for me to get the bike where I wanted it. I think the Sundays are overpriced for their builds and if you were going to spend that much money then you could build a frame up with better and lighter parts for less. Both are great bikes and you canít go wrong with ether one. You will find more Sunday owners out there than Glory owners, but you will also find a lot more people are buying Glorys these days because of the great value and then find out after buying them how great the bike really isÖ..

Good luck with you choice man!!!

Cecil
    Ride!

The Bad
    ive been on a glory for a while now and i have absolutely no complaints... up and down hills the bike is awsome... running a 66 makes climbing easy since yuo can drop the fork down... over jumps and drops the bike handles great and its like a rocket sled down hills... go with the glory

Members who have read this thread: 0