Giro Remedy question - quality- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Giro Remedy question - quality

I just got a new Remedy via mail directly from Giro (Bell). It is new from the box, but looks a little like a factory reject. It is all there, but the workmanship looks like sh!t. Along the top (above the vent in the back) it looks like a cheap bondo job was done to mold it together. There are pits about 3/8" to 1/2" wide in a few places and a general wavy finish. This condition exists all the way from one side to the other along the top (like from the top/back of one ear to the other).

Then on the back in the middle (where the goggle strap would sit) there is another ridge (raised area vs. a pit) about 3/4" long (vertical).

Do your helmets have imperfections like this? I looked at my old one and it doesn't. Considering whether to return it or not...maybe it is no big deal. I know it I picked it up in a store, I would not buy it!

Thanks!

Lord of the Chainrings
    Contact their customer service people.

Ooooops: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=135049
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    My Remedy doesn't have anything like that. I would check with Giro if you want one that looks like it should. Which Remedy are you talking about anyway? The carbon fiber one?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    It is just a standard - not CF Remedy. Flat black if you are wondering. I can't really get it in a picture...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thats what I have, although mine is a year old now, but their isnt any flaws like you described on mine.

mtbr member
    mine just showed up the other day and it is a thing of beauty. send that **** back

mtbr member
    I got mine through their dealer discount program and it was perfect aside from a few loose strands of metal in the grill. I'd say send it back, unless they had told you it would be a cosmetic second from the get go.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I pick up one yesterday,looks sweet.

What sort of price did you pay,maybe it is a second coming dircet from Giro

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Mine is tiptop too...

No problems here!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I've seen hundreds of Remedy's and none look like what you're describing. I would call CS at 1-800-456-BELL and I'm sure they will replace it for you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    My Remedy was purchased through the crash replacement policy for 30% off MSRP of $120. It was not a second or discounted item for any other reason.

Unlike all the bad experiences posted by the roadies and/or others, I have found their response time and customer service to be very good! After getting the responses above, I decided to call and ask them. They were in agreement with all the posts above - that they do NOT ship rejects or seconds. They only ship first quality products - only the best. They are sending me a call tag to return the helmet for inspection, and if they agree that it is not right, they will send me a new one right away!

FYI - Phone wait time when calling has been 10 to 30 seconds! When I was put on hold this AM for customer service to get approval from a manager it was maybe a minute and she apologized for the wait. You could not ask for friendlier, faster service or a better response!

Fortunately (not really) for me, my foot is still broken from my crash, so I will not be in a DH situation for several more weeks. At best, I can hope for some fire roads and my HEX will do just fine for them!

Thanks for all the responses!

Members who have read this thread: 0