gift to yourself this xmas- Mtbr.com
    外国人
    Jun 2007

gift to yourself this xmas

yes, as xmas season nears, what do you guys plan to as a "gift" to yourself?

i'll start - some tools and possibly a park tool pcs-9 workstand so that i can work on learning how to maintain/build bikes
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    I want this thread removed.
    Folangag

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    2011 SX Trail 2........I have been pretty good

mtbr member
    Leatt brace, Hope V2 183mm floating rotor and adaptor, Deity Black Label bars, WTB Silverado saddle, pair of Minions, a dozen or so tubes, chain lube.

mtbr member
    I can't decide between a rockshox reverb or hope pro 2's laced to ztr flows for my rune. My current wheelset is heavier than shi* for pedaling around, but they are bombproof and the seatpost is cheaper...

mtbr member
    I get three paychecks in the month of December, so with that extra paycheck I'm planning on getting a Lyrik Coil paired up with a new wheelset: Mavic EN521 Rims over DT Swiss 240s hubs.

Glad to Be Alive
    patron silver, hookers, beer and pizza
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Now with More Wood
    A new frame for my bike...

Morewood Zama. Not sure if they can deliver in time for Xmas though...

mtbr member
    a bit more padding me thinks..

I bike long tyme.
    I'm gonna find me a pair of Hope Mono Mini brakes and a few new riding dvd's for the collection.
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

banned
    Oct 2004
    A Jedi.

meow meow
    some answer am720 carbon's i think.

mtbr member
    I'm not much for surprises so I already picked up a nicely upped 2009 Demo 7. However, I just ordered a new Atomlab Pimplite rim for the rear that I'll be building up for it

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Convince my self to drop the cash for a Nicolai

V-Shaped Rut
    I already got myself an AR-15 and citizen eco-drive calibre 8700. But **** it, I'm thinking about a new bike anyway. I told my wife I'm a minimalist and she laughed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gift to yourself this xmas-rifle.jpg  

gift to yourself this xmas-watch.jpg  

Chilling out
    I like the 'chassis' SMT has on his list, although I'd trade the Patron for a nice Macallan, even only a 15 or 18 yr old.

What I'll tell my wife though is that I want some Saint or Hope Tech V2 brakes for the big bike, and some matching body armor ... I think of it as crash-prophelatics. :^)

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Hopefully some Juicy Ultimates or something comparable. Or.....if I get enough financial aid for school, a Blindside frame.
    Go ride your bike.

Stay thirsty my friends
    Put down a healthy deposit and ordered one of these...in white...yep I'm that old.

Why white? Police tend not to "see" white sports cars. Probably won't be here for Christmas but I have been saving for a long time and wanted a 2011 model...I am a patient man.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckNA9wskLFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckNA9wskLFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MaUe3bpRRY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MaUe3bpRRY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    "Say good night to the bad guy."
    Tony Montana
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_TE...eature=related

bi-winning
    I'm planning to get some skis so I can enjoy the trails when thre is too much snow to ride my bike.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Do it all or nothing
    Some saint brakes
    If it ain't broken... why the hell you fixin it!

KONA rules!!

If you miss the tranny... don't look down.

Pivotal figure
    819's on DT hubs so I can stop doing the conversion stuff...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

FReak
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JawChuck
    Put down a healthy deposit and ordered one of these...in white...yep I'm that old.

Why white? Police tend not to "see" white sports cars. Probably won't be here for Christmas but I have been saving for a long time and wanted a 2011 model...I am a patient man.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckNA9wskLFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckNA9wskLFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MaUe3bpRRY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MaUe3bpRRY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

You are living the dream! love that car!
    2010 Specialized Demo 8 II (Upgraded to II from I)
    2008 Specialized Enduro SL Expert

Stay thirsty my friends
    I was all set to order one of those Factory Five Cobra kit cars and build it myself but after sitting down and doing the costs and figuring it would take me 3-5 years to build what I wanted...I figured screw it, lifes too short and I can finance this at rock bottom rates and get something with the horsepower I wanted with a warranty ready to rock out of the box...not to mention better resale value.

Life gets better after 40 gents, save your money.
    "Say good night to the bad guy."
    Tony Montana
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_TE...eature=related

the test dummy
    bars and maybe new cranks, i think i bent mine
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

calma
    Combo Birthday / Christmas:

Chromag OSX Bars - Red

Chromag Ranger Stem - 70mm in black or silver, even thinking about red.

I want to add some colour to my black / silver Ellsworth Joker

biking is fun
    Well me and the wife just bought new bikes (2010 delirium for me and 2010 SX trail for her) so those were technically our christmas presents but I have a few more things on the list

2011 formula the One brakes
    2 rock shox reverb posts (one for me and one for her)
    stylo oct or maybe atlas FR cranks
    2.5 schwalbe muddy mary's

camelbak the don or maybe capo
    661 evo elbow pads (wishing i had these 2 days ago. im typing this in pain with a really swollen/cut up elbow)

And my christmas wish would be to sell the $3000 worth of extra bikes and parts that i have laying around this place... If anyone needs some nice mid to high end parts at a good deal to make their christmas better than let me know

mtbr member
    a matching rim and trip to whistler next year.... and as for ur elbow i got sitches in mine a week ago from riding in the rain so i no ur pain
    keep the rubber side down!!

V-Shaped Rut
    Haha, I was gonna make an age joke! I don't know why you don't see more young guys driving vettes. They're one of the few things GM has gotten right, and the ZR1 is badaaaaaaaass!

I was talking to a sales manager a few weeks ago that had C6 Z06. White, blacked out windows and black wheels. A few mods, including pushbutton exhaust bypass, I doubt that one would fly under the radar.

Enjoy it in the best of health, thats an awesome ride!

Quote Originally Posted by 4JawChuck

mtbr member
    Easton Haven wheelset for my AM bike
    RCS ti spring for my dh bike

Aside from that, saving so my lady and I can go on a little trip to New Orleans to see the French Quarter in June or July.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

Capricious youth...
    I'd like one of these:

Then these as well:

In red, please.

And maybe one of these:

Meh.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm poor so I ordered a cheap bike and some riding gear.
    Santa said that if I behave there might be an avalanche cart on the way...

UNDEAD
    A 2011 Demo 8 One

Wasn't intended as an Xmas present but seems to be turning into one seeing as how it was suppose to be here in September when I first ordered it. Now late November ETA
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i be lurkin
    hopefully i can buy an 09 kona five o
    me: "mom dont ride yer brakes "mom: "shut up"

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Picked up a Carbon D2 on chainlove for a steal. And and a whole lot of physical therapy so my ACL surgery will heal up right so I can ride in a few months.

mtbr member
    Maybe a cyclocross bike. Maybe.

Ahahaha
    Oct 2007
    Canon Powershot S95. But I'll probably open it before Christmas.

Members who have read this thread: 0