Giant AC2 geometry?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Giant AC2 geometry?

A guy I know has an AC2 frame for sale for pretty cheap. New bearings, new shock, looks good. I am considering buying it but it is not built up and I don't know a couple of major things about the geometry, mainly the standover height and bottom bracket height. I have been wanting something like a Heckler based off of it's geometry, but this frame will save alot of money. The reason I'm concerned is that it's a 19". I am 5'9" and normally ride about a 17 or 17.5 but some 19" bikes would be ok, like the large Heckler has an even lower standover than my bike and the same top tube length. The AC2's top tube length is actually very similar to my current bike as well but I'm concerned with the two areas I mentioned above, I just have no idea how tall the thing is. The frame was made in 2003 which may be before the current fad to make long travel bikes with a low bottom bracket, plus it was designed with a 5" fork in mind. I will at least have a 5.75" Nixon on there, maybe eventually something like a Rock Shox Boxxer, I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm just afraid it will be really tall but I really have no idea, it may be perfect. I wish I could see some measurements first before I do something like drive over and install my fork and pedals and roll down the street.

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    No way, don't get the 19". I'm 6'3", and the Large fit's me fine, but I wish it had a touch shorter TT. I would keep looking for an 18".