Getting into FR- Mtbr.com

Thread: Getting into FR

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Getting into FR

I live in Florida and have been XC riding for about 5 years (Mostly at Santos). I bought a Specialized Enduro last year with the intention of starting to "fly" a little, but havent really gotten into FR yet (mostly because I ride clipless and feel uncomfortable using them to do drops and such). I am currently looking at the "Wellgo WAM-B67 Flat Pedals" because they are on sale at pricepoint. What are yalls thoughts on these pedals? Do you recommend anything else? Any other advise?

Its got what plants crave
    I think shoes are more important than pedals personally. Get a set of 5.10 shoes and it will do wonders for your learning ability.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have no experience with the Wellgos, but I can highly recommend the Kona wah wahs. They are light, super strong, and have insane grip. I've had my set for over a year now and have not a single complaint.

mtbr member
    I would pay $10 more and get the Ringle Zuzu. It's a far better pedal, same weight with sealed cartridge bearings and they come with extra pins too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    My favorite pedals that I've ever ridden have to be the Tioga mx-pro pedals. Extreme grip, sealed bearings, and you can rebuild them. Most of the people in the group that I ride with have them as well.

General Rabble-Rouser
    We've had a set of the wellgo b67s from PricePoint for several years now on various DH bikes.

They've held up quite well. They're sealed bearings & still spin smooth. They're a pretty good pedal for a decent price from PP.

Members who have read this thread: 0