Getting Back In The Saddle- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Getting Back In The Saddle

My friends were planning a shuttling trip at one of the local spots and wanted to get everybody we could to join us. When the subject was brought up to one of em, the response was " i hate downhills". Now this person is a very avid all around cyclist, and I was very curious as to why they didnt embrace the possibly most popular parts of the sport. I eventually got her to tell me why. she used to absolutly love downhill and could normally beat out a lot of the people that wouild take her up. She was on a sort of family ride and took an extremely nasty spill, which left her cautious of all speed on a mountain bike. I now have a little more knowledge as to how she feel, but really think getting back into the downhilling is a great idea. Any of you have similar problems, maybe even in your own riding? If so id be really interested in hearing what all you did in order to lift the curtain of fear.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Fear keeping you riding within your abilities is a good thing. Fear preventing you from doing something is bad... Might as well be dead. Your friend just has to slowly ease back into it...

Members who have read this thread: 0