Gemini 1000 or Santa Cruz Bullit- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Gemini 1000 or Santa Cruz Bullit

Both Bikes are used just wondering which one you guys would buy?

Peace

mtbr member
    Both are just frame only

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RuNDmC1087
    Both are just frame only
    type of riding? id get the billit and take off the 10 pound saddle

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Gemini looks better
    Nomad is ready to go !

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
    The biggest difference between a Bullit and a Gemini as far as I can tell in terms of geometry is wheelbase. Bullits are short (43" for large), Geminis are long (45" for large). The Gemini also offers the 1.5" head tube if you want to run an SC fork. I'm a Gemini owner and love mine, but that's a fairly worthless data point here as I've got exactly 0 experience with Bullits. Obviously there are plenty of people out there that are extremely happy with them, given its popularity.

With that Gemini, I'd be tempted to swap that air shock out for a coilover though (I'll take the weight, and it's not as though Geminis aren't incredibly light to begin with).

Here's the geo info:
    http://www.santacruzbikes.com/bicycles/bullit.php?geo=1
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/05/geo-2.html
    --Tod

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's law; I merely enforce it."

out of control only 25%

bullit

I recently bought a bike for FR/DH stuff and i got a Bullit. After narrowing it down to the Bullit and the Gemini, i chose the Bullit. The frame is lighter than the gem. But there are some advantages to the gemini. like stated earlier, it had a wider WB. But it also has a few things that the Bullit does not have. you can adjust the rear travel. im not sure whether i would have ever messed with it, but it is a feature. also the standover height is shorter on the gem. good for shorties like myself. but overall, both are awesome bikes. i got a killer deal on mine. i dont think you will go wrong with either one. ive ridden both. there are more differences than i have mentioned. those are just some off the top of my head. make sure you get the sizing right. SC has a wierd sizing. the bullit M was the same size as my gary fisher S.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TNC
    noMAD man
    That older Bullit gets less travel than the Gemini. The older Bullits get slightly less than 6" of travel while that Gemini gets a max of about 7". I'm a Bullit fan, but between those 2 I'd go with the Gemini. You can always get a coil shock later if you desire for that Gemini.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Gemini

Those were the choices I had, gemini vs SC went for the gemini which was even more of an all round bike. That colour is superb on the gemini by the way.

mtbr member
    another vote for the gemini, for basicaly the same reasons listed above....

Keep on Rockin...

Tried both.....

I ended up with a Bullit but would have been happy with the Gemini. I've got an 03 Buliit with the 5th and it's a very capable jack of all trades bike. A few of my friends have Geminis and I've ridden them. There are more similarities than differences. What moved me to the Bullit was the large's TT length. Bullit is 23.9" which I'd say is right about in the middle as far as extreme TT lengths go. The Gemini's is 24.6". That's pretty long for a FR type bike that you want to be able to maneuver on the tech stuff. Also, the Bullit's cable routing is super; very well thought out. Cannondale's cable routing is bad. I also don't buy into the 1.5' HT yet so that would be more hassle to deal with. I'm quite sure a Bullit frame is a tad heavier than the Gemini. You might end up needing to change that air shock out and that's gonna cost you some real cash.

Both are great bikes but in the end _I'd_ go with the Bullit due to the issues above (cable routing and TT length mostly).

Mike