Gaps, skinnies and wallrides, oh my...(pics)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Gaps, skinnies and wallrides, oh my...(pics)

Workin on a small video for a little video contest at a year end event for the club, we went filmin today with my roommates and got some killer vid, thought I would post up some of the stills I took from the vid...so please excuse the crappy quality, very fun day with no injuries or crashes!!!! Enjoy
    L8R
    Buck
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

more...

here are some pics from the stair gap, doesn;t look that big, but damn it sure felt big, and the skinny was nuts, cars and stuff about 15 feet below me on the otherside...would be Interstate 35 down there...
    L8R
    Buck
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    nice pics, other than the blurryness

Disco-Superfly
    big hit comp with what fork???
    I love bighits
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    hmmm, actually an '03 expert, with 888, runnin on dual 24s. Best bike I've ever ridden, rides like a dream, especially after I ditched the Jr.T. which I hated with a passion. 888 as worked flawlessly since I got it about a month ago...damn I love that fork made the bike ride completely different.
    L8R
    Buck

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck
    hmmm, actually an '03 expert, with 888, runnin on dual 24s. Best bike I've ever ridden, rides like a dream, especially after I ditched the Jr.T. which I hated with a passion. 888 as worked flawlessly since I got it about a month ago...damn I love that fork made the bike ride completely different.
    L8R
    Buck
    If you didnt have the dual 24 ( only the rear) then it would probably be to tall.
    Yes, the junior T sucks. I was going to buy one a while ago, then the stanchion broke and stuff ( I have a thread on this) and the junior sucked for downhilling, i really only do jumps, drops, and the street stuff so i dont really need hsvc.
    I would love an 888r tho!
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    hmmm, I actually know a guy that runs a 888 w/ a 26 inch wheel on the BH, I rode it around on dirt and such, I thought it felt really good not to tall at all...its just like everything else that you change you just need to get use to it... I see no need to pay $300 more bucks for the lowrider crowns...I think you just need to ride it enough to get used to it or buy the 7" inch version.
    L8R
    Buck

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck
    hmmm, I actually know a guy that runs a 888 w/ a 26 inch wheel on the BH, I rode it around on dirt and such, I thought it felt really good not to tall at all...its just like everything else that you change you just need to get use to it... I see no need to pay $300 more bucks for the lowrider crowns...I think you just need to ride it enough to get used to it or buy the 7" inch version.
    L8R
    Buck
    Yea, i wouldent buy lowrider crowns, but some people dont like their bikes "chopper like"
    but i sure do. I guess it wouldent be too tall just riding around, but when you push the rear down??...Im not trying to start an argument or anything.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

l337 |31k3r

Cool

Looks like some cool shi* ...Im thinking of purchaseing an 05' Big Hit.....but most likely just run the 26 up front.
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    hey man, I know your not starting an argument, I've just ridden both set-ups and like how the fork works...its all opinion
    Yeah the BH rocks, I rode it for year with 26" up front, I like it more with the dual 24s, I'm a smaller guy, and the 24 just feels awesome with this bike, and set-up. I still race on it and do alright, and for tech you can;t beat it, plus it is tough as nails...but then so is a properly built 26" wheel...I would suggest that if you ever decide to change that you try it before you do it.
    L8R
    Buck

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    how wide was that bridge wall/ledge thing? I would freak out and fall onto the highway and die.
    Nice pics cept for the lack of seeing whats going on in the first few.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    yeah the quality like I said sucks balls!!! It was captured from video, so that was the best I could get it...The ledge is as wide as a highway barrier thingy, then when it hits the sound barrier it is maybe two inches wider, so roughly six inches at the most...then it narrows up to just the sound barrier, but I didn't go further b/c I didn;t want to die by gettin nailed by a car!!!
    L8R
    Buck

Renegade of Krunk
    Looks like some fun stuff!!

And dam, you've got some cahones to be riding on a ledge like that! I am 100% I'll never try that

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    nice.
    that skinny is crazy. i would be leaning towards the overpass on that one.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Quote Originally Posted by buck
    you just need to ride it enough to get used to it or buy the 7" inch version
    the 7" version of the 888s is like 10-8mm shorter than the 8" version...i seriously doubt it would make that much of a difference...

and if you want to eventually snap your headtube from your bike or bend ur fork then run dual 24"s on ur big hits...if not then swap ur front wheel...

but they look liek some nice stairs...good luck with ur vid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    nice.
    that skinny is crazy. i would be leaning towards the overpass on that one.
    Bummer part about that, is shortly after where I am in the pic, gets to be a further drop on the the otherside, it is actually a on ramp, so the other side gets close to the same as this side in a number of feet, tomorrow I am going to do it again so I can get another angle from the others side, It think it will look better. b/c it is higher a little further down...pretty sketchy no matter what you do, if I would have fallen it would have been pain...thanks for the props, I see you guys postin pics of way bigger stuff than what I am doin!!!!
    L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    7" version of 888r is 30 mm shorter than 8" (575 vs. 605 mm a-c), at least on the 04's

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    those are cool,they would look better if not blurry but thats not your fault
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Members who have read this thread: 0