Fvck Mavic- Mtbr.com

Thread: Fvck Mavic

The Bad

No good Fvck Mavic

i bought i mavic dee trac a few months back and it folded on me... i had bought the mp3 warranty and did the online registration...those fvcks now wont honor their shiat... FVCK MAVIC, FVCK MAVIC,AND FVCK MAVIC.

mtbr member
    I have never had a problem with them, but what did you hit that made your wheel fold?

moaaar shimz
    What are they saying or what?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    What are they saying or what?

I would like to know what their reasoning is too. Why are they refusing to warrantee the wheel? Were you abusing it?

moaaar shimz
    Well, AFAIK MP3 program is a warranty that covers your a$$ if you trash your wheel

The Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Well, AFAIK MP3 program is a warranty that covers your a$$ if you trash your wheel
    thats what i thought... i did what i was supposed to... the wheel got jacked dirt jumping... and in the warranty it said "for any reason"

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Deetracks are junk, if they're 32 hole I have a nice rim for you.

C S
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by heks
    i bought i mavic dee trac a few months back and it folded on me... i had bought the mp3 warranty and did the online registration...those fvcks now wont honor their shiat... FVCK MAVIC, FVCK MAVIC,AND FVCK MAVIC.
    That sucks. What excuse are they giving you? Their warranty is supposed to cover stuff like what happened to you:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.mp3-mavic.com/mp3legal.asp
    Accidents, unintentional shocks or crashes which occur while riding are NOT excluded from the MP3 warranty.

mtbr member
    Call their ass every day and ***** them out until they send you a new wheel. Don't take their ********.

mtbr member
    they replaced my wheel. Sounds weird to me.

Meh.
    I think there's part of the story that we aren't hearing.

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Precisely.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL

Naaaah... The guys that post "FVCK COMPANY X SUCKS MAJOR BAWLZ" never have a part of the story that isn't disclosed...

mtbr member
    K, lets calm down, compose ourselves, and explain the situation with less then 20% of the thread being "FVCK MAVIC" ummmm kay?

TNC
    noMAD man

What do you mean 006007?

Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    K, lets calm down, compose ourselves, and explain the situation with less then 20% of the thread being "FVCK MAVIC" ummmm kay?
    I thought it displayed excellent mastery of the English language...if you're a gangsta rapper!...LOL!

Edit: I just thought about this. The OP has a spitting, angry post using obscenity and such, and it's Sunday evening. Hmmm...I'd almost bet Mavic was closed today. I'd almost bet Mavic was closed yesterday. I'd almost bet Mavic has been closed since Wednesday. Maybe this occured in another country, not in the U.S.?...perhaps?

heks, if you've just now posted such an obviously vehement hate post about Mavic CS, I have just one question. When did this occur? If this happened earlier in the week, you must have had an absolutely terrible Thanksgiving. My condolences.
    Last edited by TNC; 11-25-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Trying a little
    my buddy had mp3 and in his experience it was a no questions asked deal. Your retailer / local bike shop should back you up.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

The Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    I thought it displayed excellent mastery of the English language...if you're a gangsta rapper!...LOL!
    i am a gangsta rapper... i folded my wheel.... it was sent in.. they say they dont have record of my warranty... i did the online registration and the guy that sold me the wheel was the one who called about it and sent it in... i dont see where the problem is so once again... fvck mavic.. thats the whole story

The Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by dusthuffer
    my buddy had mp3 and in his experience it was a no questions asked deal. Your retailer / local bike shop should back you up.
    thats what i thought to

Trying a little
    Well that is ****ed up then. That's absolutely nuts. So in a war you need an army, people to back you up. You have got to get somebody with more clout than just another lone rider to go to bat for you. If you do end up talking to mavic, tell them their website sucks donkey dick and it doesn't have the width for the rims.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    FVCK this thread, it wasted my time! FVCK THIS THREAD!!! FVCK THIS THREAD!!! FVUK THIS THREAD!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    your not the only one having wheel problems: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...32#post3794232

mtbr member
    Are you American? I hear the French do not like the Americans. Tell them damn Frenchies you are from Canada and speak French 50% of the time. And that you like Celine Dion. They eat that stuff up.

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    i am a gangsta rapper... i folded my wheel.... it was sent in.. they say they dont have record of my warranty... i did the online registration and the guy that sold me the wheel was the one who called about it and sent it in... i dont see where the problem is so once again... fvck mavic.. thats the whole story
    If you paid with a Credit Card you will have a record of the purchase.
    Just send a copy to them. They can't decline the claim then.

The Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover Nick
    FVCK this thread, it wasted my time! FVCK THIS THREAD!!! FVCK THIS THREAD!!! FVUK THIS THREAD!!!
    nobody asked you

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    nobody asked you

If mavic still wont honor the warrenty i have a sun mtx rim i could give you, its the same rim WCH runs on his big bike.

StraightOuttaCompton
    that sucks, tell them to give you a new wheel or you will sue them....haha probably wont work but it is worth a try.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

dirt rules
    they say they dont have record of my warranty
    All you have to do is show them YOUR record of it, and you are good to go.

mtbr member
    Are you American? I hear the French do not like the Americans. Tell them damn Frenchies you are from Canada and speak French 50% of the time. And that you like Celine Dion. They eat that stuff up.
    lol, i bet that would work!

Since the warranty is basically an insurance program, and all insurance companies are c*** sucking bastages, of course they're not gonna just hand over what they promised you. Big companies really suck a$$ and just want to make a profit so you're gonna need to hold this to their necks till they get it resolved.

mud slinger

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

if you did not personally send the online form in and personally save the file as proof then f#$k you!,man every 1 else seemed to have no probs retaining there warranty when suffering the same hassle as yourself,the old saying goes-if you want something done and done properly then do it yourself,it just does not make sense,if it was done you would have a new wheel,simple,take the offer 4 the mtx lace it up and ride ur bike,maybe more like [email protected]$k your local lbs!!!!rather than a company that prob has done nothing wrong by you!!!
    "do the things you fear and the death of fear is certain"

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    nobody asked you
    By starting this thread, you did ask me.

What I was trying to say was that if wanna ask for help, cool, there are lots of people here who would help. But don't just get on here and b!itch and moan. Go talk to your LBS and figure your crap out. Whining is pretty boring

Can I Borrow Some Style?
    Life is a biatch ain't it?

Shut up and, yes, it is your fault I am guessing. Your posts are short and vague which probably means there is more to the story, get your FREE rim that you have offered to you and ride your bike.
    Passion is what we all need, the rest is secondary.
    Yeah I ride fixed on occasion, get over it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dusthuffer
    their website ... doesn't have the width for the rims.

You do realize that all Mavic rims are NAMED via their widths??????

ie 721 = 21mm
    729 = 29mm
    823 = 23mm
    etc, etc

also: the first number tells you the 'level' of the rim ie, its features. The '7' rims are the highest level tube specific rims with the best mfg (aluminum, seam type, coatings, etc). The '8' rims are all tubeless, etc, etc.

Proud lame eBiker
    Either the OP didn't do his follow up homework after he left the shop or the shop took the money and never turned it in....although I think in the case of the MP3 programm, the shop gets billed when the customer sends in the paperwork/registering online.

Someone dropped the ball on the consumer end of it, not at MAvic I think. I've had zero problems replacing four wheels in the past year.

Now, don't get me started on Mavic running out of their proprietory MAVIC spokes and are out for over a month and the customer is told to pound sand, eventhough they have the MP3 program set up. Now THAT'S BS in my book.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Glad to Be Alive
    man the guy who sold it to you better step up to the plate and biatch the mavic rep out
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by davep

ie 721 = 21mm
    729 = 29mm
    823 = 23mm
    etc, etc

also: the first number tells you the 'level' of the rim ie, its features. The '7' rims are the highest level tube specific rims with the best mfg (aluminum, seam type, coatings, etc). The '8' rims are all tubeless, etc, etc.

Now if only they would make an 829, that would be the perfect rim.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc
    Now if only they would make an 829, that would be the perfect rim.

IMO.....you really don't need it....823 is wide enough
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Look at the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by davep

ie 721 = 21mm
    729 = 29mm
    823 = 23mm
    etc, etc
    except they only changed to this system a while ago, and there still are plenty of mavic rims around that are not named by this system. Too bad one can't tell the difference because both the old and the new names have three digits, eg
    221 = 17mm was renamed to 117 or 317. Or the 219, replaced by 321 etc, etc

And yes, their website is one of the worst in the history of the internet.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    There's definitely a part of the story missing...

I've MP3'ed a THRRRRASHED pair of 06 DeeMaxes...absolutely no questions asked.

mtbr member
    I have two sets of wheels so I can I'm not down during the warranty. Never had any problems with the MP3

mtbr member
    ha ha thats what you get for buying frog sh**e.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by lelebebbel
    except they only changed to this system a while ago, .
    changed it at least in 04

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmooreboards
    Life is a biatch ain't it?

Shut up and, yes, it is your fault I am guessing. Your posts are short and vague which probably means there is more to the story, get your FREE rim that you have offered to you and ride your bike.

Aw, crap!

Trying a little
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    changed it at least in 04
    So what's the width of a D521?

The Bad
    ok... i did the online registration... the LBS didnt do their end of the work is my guess.. when i talked to the lbs they said it was mavic.. either way... for the supporters thankyou but a big fvck you to the rest of you.. seems to me your just looking to start problems(get a life)... and i wasnt looking for support really... was just pissed off and need to vent... figured this would be a good place.. but i forgot, its not my board... i have to ask what i can post... duh... yeah james ill prob take you up on that offer... its not really a urgent problem anymore i dont have a bike to put it on for the time being... so i guess im gunna go yell at my lbs... cause somethin i just realized... the guy that sold me the wheel is the one who sold me the program... so they should have record of it at the shop as well as mine... its just a fvcked up situation

Meh.
    Since Mavic didn't do you wrong, maybe you should retract your comment.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Well, fvck.

C S
    mtbr member
    ok... i did the online registration... the LBS didnt do their end of the work is my guess.. when i talked to the lbs they said it was mavic.. either way... for the supporters thankyou but a big fvck you to the rest of you.. seems to me your just looking to start problems(get a life)... and i wasnt looking for support really... was just pissed off and need to vent... figured this would be a good place.. but i forgot, its not my board... i have to ask what i can post... duh... yeah james ill prob take you up on that offer... its not really a urgent problem anymore i dont have a bike to put it on for the time being... so i guess im gunna go yell at my lbs... cause somethin i just realized... the guy that sold me the wheel is the one who sold me the program... so they should have record of it at the shop as well as mine... its just a fvcked up situation
    I'd guess that you're right and it's your LBS that fvcked up here. If they took your money and never registered your warranty, they owe you a replacement wheel.

Trying a little
    Mtbr 1,op 0

I CAN ALWAYS GO BIGGER
    I have an extra 32 hole 729 that I do not need. Its brand new.

Equal opportunity meanie
    Did you pay with a CC? Report that the LBS overcharged you by however much the extra warranty costs. The risk of a fraud claim against them will get them moving very quickly.

mtbr member
    hey man, Mavic did nothing to you. It seems like your LBS is run by a bunch of sausage sucking roadies that rub nut balm on eachothers balls and taint.
    I would march my ass into the shop and demand some action be taken.

TNC
    noMAD man

Bwaaaah!....LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by boogenman
    hey man, Mavic did nothing to you. It seems like your LBS is run by a bunch of sausage sucking roadies that rub nut balm on eachothers balls and taint.
    I would march my ass into the shop and demand some action be taken.
    Now that's damn funny!...and they probably just took heks' Mavic warranty money and bought more nut balm with it.

mtbr member
    Hey Boogenman,

I got a new signature

I just had to use.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    If you want to vent and yell at someone, go to your LBS

mtbr member

That's awesome.

mtbr member
    HEKS? What is the outcome?

The Bad
    no outcome yet...we shall see today... no work for me so going to handle shiat today

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    kee ppushin till you get what they should give you. If not get a lawyer.

Glad to Be Alive
    no outcome yet...we shall see today... no work for me so going to handle shiat today

I heard God just wrung the Digging Bell in SoCal

Heks...You have my number......call me if it turns out bad. I will get the southern cal rep personal #...we can talk to him

mtbr member
    So has SMT reached out and touched someone?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    So has SMT reached out and touched someone?
    Yeah, little boy's

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest

I went through the same shat with them over the summer!!!! Dee trax are just crap and mavic knows it, but wont give you a hand b/c they will be replacing them like candy
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

Members who have read this thread: 0