Fully Loop Closure???- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive

Fully Loop Closure???

I just got this email below. I suggest any bike rider in Southern california make the time to attend this council meeting coming on Tuesday, December 28th at 7:30pm. All potential trail closures effect even the open trails we all ride in our area. Here is the letter.

I wanted to see if you were interested in participating in a meeting with me and members of the www.CoyoteHills.org group. Our interest is in stopping the development of homes in Coyote Hills. The purpose of the meeting is to try on come up with fundraising ideas and finalize and idea that I have which is aimed at showing the council members of Fullerton that Coyote Hills / "The Loop" is important to the community and other trail users. Publicity is going to be a big part of this event.

Your help is needed in planning and supporting this very important event. This is a very important issue to me because I use the "Loop" often and value having this trail at my disposal. Think of the possibilities. We could stop environmental destruction which in it self would be a huge success and help save natural wildlife as well. Additionally, we could open up part of Coyote Hills that has never been open to the public before. This is not only a good opportunity to do some good for the community but to possibly expand the "Loop" for everyone’s use as well.

Please come out to the meeting to help plain this event. It is NOT too late for us to have an impact on the future of Coyote Hills/ “The Loop”. Expect the meeting to last about one hour. Tell everyone you know and bring a friend to the meeting. We all "know some one" and we all know a lot of people in the cycling community. Let's work to get a lot of people to participate in this meeting. Please notify me if you plan on attending so I can inform the group of how many will show.

Contact me at [email protected]

IT IS NOT TOO LATE FOR US TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Please join us for the meeting on Tuesday, December 28th at 7:30pm

Visit Coyotehills.org for additional information.
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-21-2004 at 10:48 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pro Crastinator
    you hear that kiddies?
    that means it's time to build your trails farther off the beaten course.......

My dogs are killin me

Location??

ShivermeTimbers,

Sorry for sounding dumb here. Were is the council meeting going to be held at? The courthouse by the start of the loop? My fiance and I want to attend. Please post an address. Went on the coyotehills.org but that site is a little jumbled. I've posted all this info on socalmtb.com too under the Loop updates. Thanks for your help!

Xtremely Moderate
    Face inevitability.

Eventually all of Socal will become one large townhome/condiminium/shopping plaza/parking lot mega master planned community.

Further off the beaten course will be near Barstow.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Face inevitability.

Eventually all of Socal will become one large townhome/condiminium/shopping plaza/parking lot mega master planned community.

Further off the beaten course will be near Barstow.
    Lol... so true

Our state has lost it.... Snow Summit, I just read about a spot in Santa Cruz yesterday, Del Cerro, Aliso and now this

Btw, thanks for making this a sticky, Zedro.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I used to live in fullerton... and ride the loop all the time.

Question,.... are you sure the developeing of Coyote Hills will result in closure of the Fullerton Loop? I don't see why they would do that. I would think if anything, the developement of Coyote Hills will expand the Loop because the fenced off private land might get opened up.

This is a total guess in my part, (and I realize I can totally be wrong), but I just want to make sure you are not just guessing yourself and have some hard facts. Developement of Coyote Hill is an issue in Fullerton, and for the people against it, it seems their main issues are enviornmental reasons and because they don't want more traffic. I for one am not against it. That land was/is owned by Chevron or something and was used to drill oil I heard. It's privately owned and fenced off. Looks pretty barren in there. Looks like it's a waste of land in my opinion. But to be fair, I'm sure there are a lot more to it and we need to study all the fact to really understand and make a good opinion.

Anyways, I just hope your not luring in mountain bikers to help save trails, when it's really about something else.

(If I'm wrong or misinformed about anything, please just educate me and let me know the facts. This was not intended as a personal attack.)

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150
    I used to live in fullerton... and ride the loop all the time.

Question,.... are you sure the developeing of Coyote Hills will result in closure of the Fullerton Loop? I don't see why they would do that. I would think if anything, the developement of Coyote Hills will expand the Loop because the fenced off private land might get opened up.

This is a total guess in my part, (and I realize I can totally be wrong), but I just want to make sure you are not just guessing yourself and have some hard facts. Developement of Coyote Hill is an issue in Fullerton, and for the people against it, it seems their main issues are enviornmental reasons and because they don't want more traffic. I for one am not against it. That land was/is owned by Chevron or something and was used to drill oil I heard. It's privately owned and fenced off. Looks pretty barren in there. Looks like it's a waste of land in my opinion. But to be fair, I'm sure there are a lot more to it and we need to study all the fact to really understand and make a good opinion.

Anyways, I just hope your not luring in mountain bikers to help save trails, when it's really about something else.

(If I'm wrong or misinformed about anything, please just educate me and let me know the facts. This was not intended as a personal attack.)
    I am getting location, time and directions for meeting. All other questions need to be furthered to Anthony at [email protected]
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I am getting location, time and directions for meeting. All other questions need to be furthered to Anthony at [email protected]
    OK.. why are you not responding to my questions?
    I just finished reading through the www.coyotehills.org website and it says nothing about closure of the the Fullerton Loop and anything close to it. I still don't see why developement of Coyote Hills will mean that the Fullerton Loop will be closed. Like I stated in my last post, the Fullerton loops runs through a large area in Fullerton and it does not go through Coyote Hills area that the coyotehills.org organization is fighting for (nothing goes through it, it's private land and it's closed off to public).

If you have some information that is not stated in the website, then please post it here and let us know.

(and I don't think this should be sticky, unless it really is about the Fullerton Loop Trails)

jrm
    mtbr member

Why not..

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I just got this email below. I suggest any bike rider in Southern california make the time to attend this council meeting coming on Tuesday, December 28th at 7:30pm. All potential trail closures effect even the open trails we all ride in our area. Here is the letter.

I wanted to see if you were interested in participating in a meeting with me and members of the www.CoyoteHills.org group. Our interest is in stopping the development of homes in Coyote Hills. The purpose of the meeting is to try on come up with fundraising ideas and finalize and idea that I have which is aimed at showing the council members of Fullerton that Coyote Hills / "The Loop" is important to the community and other trail users. Publicity is going to be a big part of this event.

Your help is needed in planning and supporting this very important event. This is a very important issue to me because I use the "Loop" often and value having this trail at my disposal. Think of the possibilities. We could stop environmental destruction which in it self would be a huge success and help save natural wildlife as well. Additionally, we could open up part of Coyote Hills that has never been open to the public before. This is not only a good opportunity to do some good for the community but to possibly expand the "Loop" for everyone’s use as well.

Please come out to the meeting to help plain this event. It is NOT too late for us to have an impact on the future of Coyote Hills/ “The Loop”. Expect the meeting to last about one hour. Tell everyone you know and bring a friend to the meeting. We all "know some one" and we all know a lot of people in the cycling community. Let's work to get a lot of people to participate in this meeting. Please notify me if you plan on attending so I can inform the group of how many will show.

Contact me at [email protected]

IT IS NOT TOO LATE FOR US TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Please join us for the meeting on Tuesday, December 28th at 7:30pm

Visit Coyotehills.org for additional information.
    propose that new development pay for the operation and maintennance of the trail system? The developers would buy the land in order to restore, and preserve the area.

Not only do you get to have your trail but the developer can use the trail access as a selling point..

Your approach is whats termed as Not In My Back Yard or NIMBY for short.