Full Suspesion- Mtbr.com

Thread: Full Suspesion

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Full Suspesion

Sitting here looking at all the '08 models with winter closing in, I almost want to give up on full suspension. For the price of a full on FR or DH bike, I could get AT LEAST two totally pimp hardtails, a dirtjumper say and a shore style hardtail with a 5 inch fork like a marzocchi 55; one for skatepark - urban - dirtjump and the other for burlier trails. I mean, how expensive can a bike get? And all the expense is in the rear suspension - every company has totally pimp bikes that are totally affordable. just a thought. I guess trails are nice with fullys. just answered my own question. Does hardtail really rule.

N* Bomber Crew
    Where are you getting this price from? Buying used saves money, and who says you need to have 2008 stuff to rip it up?

I don't know dude, I get what you're saying, bikes are expensive, but this is a rather flawed argument.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    thats saying a good use DH rig will run at least 1500; I just saw a guy selling an '06 transition dirtbag for 1600; I could get two dirtjumpers for that price, even; anything new starts at 2000, and thats anything from say '05 to '07 (example: Orange Patriot 7.7 build kit from '05, 1850 on price point). My Norco Sasquatch, HT, with a Marzocchi dirtjumper, an '06 leftover: $900. I guess thats my logic.
    Anyway, no, its true, I don't have to spend $2600 on a new Bighit, or 3000 from anything from Transition, to rip.

mud slinger

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! if you cant afford

3000 and up for a tranny,why dont cha jump on the 06 dirtbag you saw for 1600,they bout 2 or 3 times that in my country,man if i saw that in my country for that price,id rape and pillage whateva needed to be ridin that rig, in a way you pay for what you get unless you get a steal anywayz,that said depends how bad your ass wants to be sittin on a new fr rig ,a job may just get what your after if your parents arnt suppotive of your addiction, ,goodluck in findin what cha after.
    "do the things you fear and the death of fear is certain"

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    plus, I just saw the pics you have posted; You could get like seven bmx bikes for the price of that DHR frame. Come on, we all know biking's super expensive

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by dpspac3
    plus, I just saw the pics you have posted; You could get like seven bmx bikes for the price of that DHR frame. Come on, we all know biking's super expensive
    Um, okay?

I could've gotten 1,275 Double Cheeseburgers at McDonalds for the price to get the DHR to my door.

Dude, LIFE is expensive. I will admit that biking is one of the most expensive hobbies you can choose, but that doesn't mean there aren't affordable and smart ways of getting a rig you like for a reasonable price.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I do have a job and my parents, whose house I left about 18 years ago, have never bought me anything related to biking. AS far as Transition, I'll leave that to my buddy that got an account with them at Interbike last month (or whenever it was) so hopefully I can pull one down for under three g's. still, my main point, you can rip and save money on Bmx and hardtail. That was my main argument in the first place.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I guess i'd initially intended to get some dialogue going full suspension vs. hardtail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Look on craigslist, there is alway a good deal on there.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    why would you WANT two totally pimp DJ's or 18 bmx bikes? Unless you're buying 18 duplicates of the exact same bike, every time you switch you'll have a different learning curve to get used to. Why not do what most people do, buy a DJ that you like, buy a full susser that you like, then swap out frames for the rest of time.

StraightOuttaCompton
    Look on craigslist, there is alway a good deal on there.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    agreed
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

mtbr member
    Theres only like 498793876809247 threads on here about Hartail vs. Fully, just use the search function.

Thats a **** loads of double cheese burgers

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Yea man, some good deals to be had on Craigslist. Like this one for example- http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/bik/451069467.html You just gotta be patient and something will come around.

Members who have read this thread: 0