mtbr member
    Dec 2004

FS: Intense Socom Raw Large CCDB Ti wham bam thank you spam

Locs on Spokez
    135 or 150 dropouts ?
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Looks sick! I'm waiting on a warranty for the exact same frame and finish. Almost bought another one so I didn't have to wait.

That's a decent price for a mint looking Socom. If my warranty takes 4 ever would you consider selling just the frame?

Chris

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    135 or 150 dropouts ?
    Oops... 150mm dropouts

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d
    Looks sick! I'm waiting on a warranty for the exact same frame and finish. Almost bought another one so I didn't have to wait.

That's a decent price for a mint looking Socom. If my warranty takes 4 ever would you consider selling just the frame?

Chris
    Yeah, I can probably sell the CCDB without much trouble. Hopefully this will be sold before "forever" though. CCDB would be a great upgrade if you don't already have one...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Didn't mean forever literally. I'm being patient with the warranty, it takes time and they have been super cool.

mtbr member
    what bike are you buying instead? I have one I'm about same height.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_sloth
    what bike are you buying instead? I have one I'm about same height.
    You also have a large Socom?

I have not decided for certain what bike I will get. I'm going to look into possible semi-custom options, but I'm waiting to have cash in hand first, otherwise I look like a dreamer who is not ready to put money down. I have several bikes for sale that will fund this.

I want a minimum 25 inch top tube. 25.5-26 would be ideal. I run a 27 inch top tube on my XC bike. Most bikes with 25+ inch top tubes have 21+ inch seat tubes but I don't want a seat tube longer than 19.5 inches.

What I would prefer is an extra long, shortish travel DH bike, basically an AM bike that is built low slung like a DH bike. 66 ish head angle, 5-7 inch travel (geometry is more important than travel, my trails are not that Gnar) Long top tube, short seat tube. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Yeah I have a large Socom, its pretty small, but I compared it to a v10 and it was slightly bigger. I have measured lots of dh bikes, the large are all a similar size. I have fitted some wide handlebars so I don't feel I am going over the bars as much and I have a 60mm stem I would like to try a longer one. Its still a bit squashed and I doest feel that stable at high speed. But in Ireland there isn't much super high speed stuff. (In canada at the moment)
    Options
    Turner are bringing out a DHR at the end of the year with the DW link in a size XL for larger riders. Evil have an XL revolt but it doesn't seem to be that big really, its more in tune with a large.
    Another option as you mentioned you don't want a full DH machine is the Cannondale Perp in XL its got a 25 inch top tube, seems to be pretty big.
    From an all-mountain viewpoint my second bike is a scott ransom I have a large (got it cheap!) but the XL has a 25 inch top tube.
    I guess I'm used to riding small bikes now, but would like to have more room to move around. and sometimes when I'm thrown forward a bit Id like more room to compensate, the wide bars help a lot.
    Another route you could go is custom, zumbi in poland will do a custom machine, I emailed them and they seem very helpful.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for the ideas. I forgot about the Ransom, that bike really caught my attention when it first came out. Very expensive though... I just checked out the 2010 Turner RFX and the 2x size is looking almost perfect. A bit longish in the seat and head tube, but Dave has been known to make a few small geometry adjustments in the past, just have to ask real nice and put some cash in the handshake...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d

Chris
    ?
    Why did you have to warranty your Socom? What happened?

Members who have read this thread: 0