Frisco bike park grand opening- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Frisco bike park grand opening

The crew of Flowline Trail Design, in partnership with the Town of Frisco, Colorado, is proud to announce the Frisco Bike Park Grand Opening next Saturday, September 24th 2011. This project has been a few years in the making, and thanks to the hard work and dedicated efforts of those involved, this dynamic vision has been brought to life. On a site that was recently clear-cut due to pine beetle infestation, a transformation has taken place. That previously disturbed slope has been carefully crafted into a progressive and sustainable bike park facility, catering to any type of rider, beginner or advanced, bmx or mtb.

Frisco Bike Park offers something for everyone. From the top start zone, riders can choose between intermediate and advanced jump trails, or a beginner flow trail. Each of these trails descends into the base area. This lower area features a dedicated dirt jump zone, created with a multitude of line options for all levels of rider. A large pump track is also nestled into the base area, and again, the riderís creativity here is the only limitation.

Phase one of the park, which opened on July 4th, featured the upper trails in the park, and has been well received by the local riders. We're stoked to open up the rest on the 24th and finally get riders down in it! Please show Frisco your support next Saturday as we kick things off. The bike park will be free and open to the public all day, with a ribbon cutting at 10 a.m., followed by pump track races, jump jams and to cap it all off, some live rock-reggae in the evening. Come on out and bring your friends for a fun-fueled day of riding trails, boosting jumps, enjoying a cold beverage and grooving to some live music.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frisco bike park grand opening-sitemap-blog.jpg  

Frisco bike park grand opening-go-2blog.jpg  

Frisco bike park grand opening-go-5blog.jpg  

Frisco bike park grand opening-johip-blog.jpg  

Frisco bike park grand opening-paul-austin-blog.jpg  

Frisco bike park grand opening-sheablack-blog.jpg  

Frisco bike park grand opening-austintransfer-blog.jpg  

Frisco bike park grand opening-sheabuffalo-blog.jpg  

Frisco bike park grand opening-dj-3blog.jpg  

Frisco bike park grand opening-pinkvitalflyer-blog.jpg  

livin' the dream......
    Looks cool, too bad I don't live in Frisco any longer! Nice shot of Peak One in the background...........

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    This looks sick! Is it a free city owned place?

mtbr member
    places like this make me hate oregon just that much more
    Voice your support for Timberline Bike Park
    http://www.timberlinelodge.com/mountainbike/

mtbr member
    That place looks amazing!

Professional Troll
    Wow, that is awesome. You guys are a lucky bunch.

Broken but on the mend
    i am about to drive out from cali just to ride that place it looks amazing. i wish we could get one city up in nor cal to build something like that

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Good to see this in the county. Have yet to get over there myself. With Keystone closing this weekend, I'll be heading over. Looks sweet!

mtbr member
    I'm not against HAB, but I'm curious... are they planning on building a lift? Or did I miss it?

mtbr member
    I love Frisco, wish I could live there instead of just visit.
    '08 Turner Highline
    '00 DBR X6

Glad to Be Alive
    man that is awesome
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hey guys thanks for all the great questions and comments. The Frisco Bike Park is going to be offered as a free amenity to the public,and will run much like a skate park. There is potential that in the coming years they will offer summer time riders the use of the Magic Carpet Lift that services the Tubing Hill and Terrain Park in the winter. My guess is there would be a very reasonable lift ticket price associated with that luxury. Until that day comes, you will be happy to hear that the average hike/ ride time from the base area to the start zones of the upper trails is around 3 to 4 minutes or less. Only a fraction of that time if you are just seshing the Dirt jump and Pumptrack zone... So there you have it, thanks for your support, keep the posts coming, and come get it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowline Trail Design View Post
    Hey guys thanks for all the great questions and comments. The Frisco Bike Park is going to be offered as a free amenity to the public,and will run much like a skate park. There is potential that in the coming years they will offer summer time riders the use of the Magic Carpet Lift that services the Tubing Hill and Terrain Park in the winter. My guess is there would be a very reasonable lift ticket price associated with that luxury. Until that day comes, you will be happy to hear that the average hike/ ride time from the base area to the start zones of the upper trails is around 3 to 4 minutes or less. Only a fraction of that time if you are just seshing the Dirt jump and Pumptrack zone... So there you have it, thanks for your support, keep the posts coming, and come get it!
    Oh I get it... I thought it was a paid park. But a public park?? Wow that is awesome!
    Frisco is going to Revolutionize mountainbiking/ biking in America! Great job guys!

Moose Member
    IM going to move to Colorado... Valmont and then this!? Colorado is really lucky.

mtbr member
    Wow looks awesome! I'm hoping we can get something like this built in the Phoenix area someday soon. Great job!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i gotta get out of socal. what good is year round riding weather if we have no legal places to ride and nothing like this....

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Wow! I am so happy Im in Flo-Rida! NOT! Congrats on the park.
    Your big wheels are so awesome!

mtbr member
    Yes!!!
    This won't hurt a bit...

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Awesome to see the progression as this got built during my visit this summer. Good job to everybody that made it happen.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

OMG!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkm View Post
    Looks cool, too bad I don't live in Frisco any longer! Nice shot of Peak One in the background...........
    x2..