Friend got a new bike, need help w/ setup- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Friend got a new bike, need help w/ setup

my friend and i are going out to colorado on thursday (steamboat and keystone) and he just picked up a trek remedy five, its got a manitou black platinum fork (with the spv) and a manitou 3-way swinger shock. he weighs about 150lbs and you know what kinda riding is found at keystone. i dont want to hear "oh man you bought the wrong bike," that wont help me at all. if you have any info on air pressures it would be greatly appreciated.

i can turn the wrenches on my bike, but i have little experience with manitou and i blew my old spv fork, so i want to avoid doing that with his.

thanks

oh and also it doesnt have a chain guide, is there a way to redneck a chain guide?
    god built south dakota saying "i dont want anybody to ride MTB here, im going to make it suck ass." so it sucks ass Luke 4:2

Will to Win
    oh man you bought the wrong bike
    2008 Transition Dirtbag Custom
    2003 Schwinn Moab 2 Singlespeed

mtbr member
    doode that doesnt help me at all
    god built south dakota saying "i dont want anybody to ride MTB here, im going to make it suck ass." so it sucks ass Luke 4:2

Pivotal figure
    We're fresh off the tywrap thread, it had to be done
    Not too much you can do to rig up a chainguide unless you have some parts from old ones. It may end up causing more problems than it's worth anyway, I've been down that road too many times. Try picking up a Stinger, they're pretty reliable and inexpensive. No experience with the Manitou stuff, maybe they have the air charts on their website?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Members who have read this thread: 0