freeride Fork- Mtbr.com

Thread: freeride Fork

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

freeride Fork

I have a Transition Bikes Gran Mal on order at the moment with a fox DHX 5 rear shock and I'm wandering what fork to run. I was originaly thinking of a fox 40 RC2x, 888RC2x, Boxer World cup or White Brothers Groove 200. Does any one have any suggestions as to what would be more suitable for freeride duties rather than Downhill.
    Thanks

wishiwereridingmybike
    Quote Originally Posted by timitoes
    I have a Transition Bikes Gran Mal on order at the moment with a fox DHX 5 rear shock and I'm wandering what fork to run. I was originaly thinking of a fox 40 RC2x, 888RC2x, Boxer World cup or White Brothers Groove 200. Does any one have any suggestions as to what would be more suitable for freeride duties rather than Downhill.
    Thanks

get the 888

B. A. M. F.
    Sep 2005
    get the 66rc

mtbr member
    888rc2x

mtbr member
    888 more freeride. 40 more race. from what i've heard. i would go 888. post some pics of your gran mal when u get it. gonna be sweet.

Glad to Be Alive
    8 is great

figure 8's

8 is enough

Master 8

8 your dinner

pieces of eight
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member

what I recommend.

this is what I recommend..people say no is a downhill racing fork???? change the Ti coil for a slitly stiffer steel...and what do you get!! a freeride fork....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disco-Superfly
    eight eighty eight for me
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Still on Training Wheels!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorelegs
    this is what I recommend..people say no is a downhill racing fork???? change the Ti coil for a slitly stiffer steel...and what do you get!! a freeride fork....
    You HAD too much money!
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by drum714
    You HAD too much money!
    Yeah, not too many people have 3 modern DH bikes with 40's.....
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

mtbr member

what you don't know...is..

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Yeah, not too many people have 3 modern DH bikes with 40's.....
    that I drive a 1986 ford ranger that's falling apart... all the bikes are paid for tho..

Still on Training Wheels!
    that I drive a 1986 ford ranger that's falling apart... all the bikes are paid for tho..
    That is about as steriotypical as it comes. $10,000 in the bed of the truck, $2,000 invested in the truck!

Thats the way it should be though, we just need a beater to get us up the trails, and pure bling to get us down them!

Sweet rides none the less....The bikes of course!
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

mtbr member

get

the 888
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

kona-tize me captain

now thats just spoiling yourself man!

id go 888 personally marzocchi rules all
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member

honestly..

Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    now thats just spoiling yourself man!

id go 888 personally marzocchi rules all
    I got a friend that has a 888 and I have to admit..I like the fork is nice and it works.. but for me to say that is "better" than a 40 for freeriding-Hucking-droping...no it is not, I like the 888 maybe I trade one of my 40's for 2- 888 then I can go and have lots of fun trying to brake one of them,.(doubt it will) but still try tho.. lol.one thing why in God's green earth marzocchi had to put flat crowns on the 2006, 888 why...that was the best part of the fork..now they are trying to make it something else...I say drop crowns.. I'M going to have a machine shop make me some drop crowns for one of my 40's that will slacken the V-10 some more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Please tell me that's one fork photoshopped 3 times...

kona-tize me captain
    I got a friend that has a 888 and I have to admit..I like the fork is nice and it works.. but for me to say that is "better" than a 40 for freeriding-Hucking-droping...no it is not, I like the 888 maybe I trade one of my 40's for 2- 888 then I can go and have lots of fun trying to brake one of them,.(doubt it will) but still try tho.. lol.one thing why in God's green earth marzocchi had to put flat crowns on the 2006, 888 why...that was the best part of the fork..now they are trying to make it something else...I say drop crowns.. I'M going to have a machine shop make me some drop crowns for one of my 40's that will slacken the V-10 some more.

well at least you admit it. wait you want drop crowns to make your v-10 more raked out? or am i reading it wrong. cuzz theres a copany that makes drop crowns for the 40 that lower it. so do you wana raise you headtueb angle or lower
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member

answer.to.?

Quote Originally Posted by fsrxc
    Please tell me that's one fork photoshopped 3 times...
    the truth!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

crowns for 40.

well at least you admit it. wait you want drop crowns to make your v-10 more raked out? or am i reading it wrong. cuzz theres a copany that makes drop crowns for the 40 that lower it. so do you wana raise you headtueb angle or lower
    I want to raise my head tube!!

kona-tize me captain
    I want to raise my head tube!!

right on man haha. you bikes are amazing, like im stunned. why do u need all those bikes?

mtbr member

bikes.

right on man haha. you bikes are amazing, like im stunned. why do u need all those bikes?
    the red foes fly belongs to my best friend, he deployed to Iraq so I get to test ride a fly.. the VP-Free and V-10 are mine..one for downhilling one for trail riding/downhilling, I have no problems pedaling my big bikes, not like other people that would say "too heavy" is all in their heads..lol. there for my user name ..Sorelegs.
    P.S. never coast DH...Pedal!!

Disco-Superfly
    the truth!!
    Holy sh!t
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

mtbr member
    the truth!!
    that is the dumbest, most stupid, idiotic thing i have ever seen. what in the world do you need 3 DH bikes for . This is just proving why you should not get a fox 40, he has 3 of them due to the fact that the always break. That's the most logical explanation i could come up with. You spent more money on your forks than I did on my bike, and......im still faster than you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PblcNme
    that is the dumbest, most stupid, idiotic thing i have ever seen. what in the world do you need 3 DH bikes for . This is just proving why you should not get a fox 40, he has 3 of them due to the fact that the always break. That's the most logical explanation i could come up with. You spent more money on your forks than I did on my bike, and......im still faster than you!
    OK, you are faster Yahh, sure, the fly belongs to my friend who is in Iraq, I have 40's because they are the best, didn't you ever herd, "you get what you pay for" what makes people think a 500 dollars fork is going to be better than a 1500 dollars fork, humm, maybe if you don't have a job, and you need to lie to your brain, "yah my bike is sick" OK!! yea yea.. whatever. anyways I have downhill bikes because when 1 is down,(getting a custom paint job) I can ride the other one.. and when I go to the DH shuttles If I bend a rim or smoke a tire, I go to my truck and get the other bike and SWITCH, and keep on shuttle, OH OH and I also take hotties on rides on my extra bike here now and then,...I post some pics, ...maybe.

Glad to Be Alive
    how many more payments on the truck do you have
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

not really a noob
    thats like 4500 in forks alone
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    DUde ones his friends so it would be like 3000

Members who have read this thread: 0