Freeride course- Mtbr.com

Thread: Freeride course

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

New question here. Freeride course

Can anyone give me information on making a freeride trail on a rocky, sagebrush covered mountain in Nevada.It is about a 1/2 mile long trail if you put some short 75 ft hills in it. The land drops about 250 ft in a 1/4 of a mile.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

run, hide, it's a bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    Can anyone give me information on making a freeride trail on a rocky, sagebrush covered mountain in Nevada.It is about a 1/2 mile long trail if you put some short 75 ft hills in it. The land drops about 250 ft in a 1/4 of a mile.
    a shovel, rake, a couple beers - and sit at the top of your hill and figure it out - start digging and see what comes. that is pretty much how it is done.
    **! I'd rather sh!t out Mark Weir than watch him pedal up a hill !**

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Just look at all the pics of desert like trails on the web that you can, and go for ti.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by vexhex
    a shovel, rake, a couple beers - and sit at the top of your hill and figure it out - start digging and see what comes. that is pretty much how it is done.
    yep imagination too.....bring a couple of friends for imput also....riding other trails and looking at their features helps a lot.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Start riding it to find out how the trail will flow. Then work in jumps, berms, stunts, etc.

Trail building really just comes down to time and beer.

mtbr member
    Everybody else has it right. Hard work, ride it some and get the flow right. If the trail starts out sandy you better make the gaps, jumps, etc bigger than you think. After the trail gets rained in it will be 5 times faster. Of course desert trails sometimes have to wait quite a while for rain. If you're not casing everything on the first few runs you will be way overclearing stuff next year. Make it BIG or you'll be moving everything later on Spend some effort to quote "landscape it" as well so it won't stand out like a sore thumb and get people pissed off

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    [QUOTE=rsclimb Spend some effort to quote "landscape it" as well so it won't stand out like a sore thumb and get people pissed off[/QUOTE]

Great Point!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thx for the input! it has been raining a lot here but is just dries up it a few days.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    Thx for the input! it has been raining a lot here but is just dries up it a few days.

dig and build while it is wet....don't wait for it to dry
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0