which frame and why? what would u put on your rack?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good job! which frame and why? what would u put on your rack?

Which would you pick; an 03' khs fr2000 frame, or a 04' diamondback xsl frame? Aggressive trails down AND up, and light to moderate freeride? which one and why?

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    NEITHER.
    BECAUSE THEY BOTH SUCK.
    No offense but Im dead serious. You have narrowed your choices down to two of my most hated frames. SORRY.
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i'm with JSUN my buddy managed to crack the weld on the shock of his FR2000 before he even started to jump his bike lol to many roots on the trails i guess for him for warranty they grinded off the weld on his aluminum frame, and threw on a new weld.... if you know much about welding they basically created a weak point int he frame as rewelding aluminum the way they did will make it hella weaker than original.

have you looked into a cannondale prophet ? 5 inch front / rear incredibly light, throw a coil shock on it if u want alot of drops, they build up around 30 give or take a few depending on the build you purchased you should be able to pickup a baseline prophet for around the same price as the KHS FR2000 the fr2000 is also heavy as hell my buddies bike outweighs my banshee scream lol.

mtbr member
    got the DB xsl. it just seemed to fit my purposes better. i wanted to keep the weight down since here in P.A. everything's a hill! the fed-ex man should be here tomorrow with it. i'll post some pics when it's done and let you know how it does. thanx!

Members who have read this thread: 0