Frame Dilemma/ NO $- Mtbr.com
    e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr

Frame Dilemma/ NO $

"A situation that requires a choice between options that are or seem equally unfavorable or mutually exclusive. "
    http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/buys...w&image=143449
    iv recently purchased a weyless 67 frame for 220 from supergo.

and i dont want to sound like a selfish weiner or whatever, i just dont like how it feels, i feel like im about to break the thing, the rear flex's like 3-4 inches. so i been looking for a new frame
    iv been trying to do trades with people, but no one wants the frame. iv been looking at different frames that i part. want like a giant faith. but when the dudes are selling the frame, i email them and no one wants it. (i dont blame them)
    and iv been starting to include my rear wheel ( profile racing hub worth 300 bucks laced onto a mag30) to see they want to do a trade with my frame and the rear wheel and it seems like no one wants to
    iv now been considering to sell my intire bike to get a whole new bike. but theres just parts of my bike i hve right now that i love ie fork wheels brakes EXT

if i sell my whole bike, itll prob wont get that high and i wont get the quality i want

im done blathering, i just dont know what to do/ what frame to look at/ where to look at for a frame/ if i should sell my whole bike/ to include my rear wheel/ trade full bikes

someone wise please help
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wanna talk to Samson!
    If you're happy with the components just save for a new frame over the winter.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

selfishness kicking in... i want a frame like... asap :/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    I know its a far fetched idea for the youth of this forum, but you could try getting a job.

but lets say... for a giant faith....if i sell my whole bike.. i def wont have enough for a fiath 1, or maybe a faith 2, but a faith 3 maybe. i get the frame...yay..... but then i get all the absolute crap components.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote : " the rear flex's like 3-4 inches "

Sure you arn't exagerating a little ? I can't believe that thing flex's that much. Have you ridden enough bikes to judge frame flex ?

everyone has different ways of measuring the flex

when i grab the end of my handlebar and shake the bike side to side, the rear wheel looks like its about to fall off it has so much flex. i dont really care about the flex TO much, but i just know i dont like the frame

mtbr member
    that is a dilema...if you like components then you should try looking for a new frame only i don't really know you'll get it asap though. if you decide to sell the entire bike make sure you think about. think about if you sell the entire bike, will you get enough money to buy a complete bike with just as good components. i'd say if you get a new bike, look used.

Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    that is a dilema...if you like components then you should try looking for a new frame only i don't really know you'll get it asap though. if you decide to sell the entire bike make sure you think about. think about if you sell the entire bike, will you get enough money to buy a complete bike with just as good components. i'd say if you get a new bike, look used.

ya it is a dellima for me... iv been through this before

lets say i do sell my bike. if i do get some good cash, im going to be very picky. becuase when i had 1 grand selling tons of stuff... i thought i found my dream bike, and it was in my town. when i picked up the bike i dident relize that it was 50 lbs and i dident care. but i cared so much i sold the frame, then got the weyless. but now the weyless is lets say "fragile" and i want a stronger, lighter, better pedaling bike. i have my eye on a giant faith..i cant get my eye off of em because imo there real tight looking bikes, pedaling well. good travel, but there alot of money. iv been looking for a giant faith 3 frame. i would just put my RC on it instead of the crap stock shock it has

garggg

izumusx988
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    I know its a far fetched idea for the youth of this forum, but you could try getting a job.
    yea jordan do that
    -Rob

Northeast Sovereign racing - Morewood bikes-maxxis-hayes-e13

mtbr member
    i will custom fabricate you a canfield for 20 bucks.... if u want
    or u shoud get a faith.. thatd be sick nateish
    IS THIS SOMETHING YOU CAN SHARE WITH THE REST OF US AMAZING LARRY ?!?!?!

aircooled VW FTW

Now with flavor!!
    I want a lakeside 4,000 square foot home but I'm not in the position to buy one. So I'm going to whine about it and try to get some sympathy and somehow tell myself this makes sense.

Shut up fer chissakes.

You have a nicely built mountain bike which is a hell of a lot more than lots of kids your age have. If you want a different one, do what the grown ups do.....earn the money for it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    convert that profile rear wheel to 12mm and it will sell quite well
    pay me

N* Bomber Crew
    I own a 67...whats flex? Honestly, to kill the flex, run a 12mm thru axel. Its what I run on the 67 and its very, very stiff. I feel no flex.....I dunno how you feel flex.

I dunno, it just seems like you just got it and I thought you were happy with it. If you're not, I don't know what to say. Your build is nice, and the suspension could maybe be due for a update.

I say to upgrade to a 12mm thru axel in the rear. It'll increase stiffness and rigidity. At least mine is mega stiff and doesn't flex at all. I am not scared at all the push limits with the 67. Its a freakin solid frame

EDIT: you know now that I think about it your flex claim doesn't seem very respectable. My rear wheel has absolutley none. I think you got something wrong......3-4 inches? No....

As for the money...I got a job, and I saved up for my 67 complete build. I'm just saving it now, I like my bike. Recatagorize your thoughts for frames and bikes into needs and wants/. Hey, I want a 888RC2X for my 67...am I gonna get one? I mean...I have the money for it? Nope, I don't need it, my Z150 does just fine.

Give it some serious thought. I love the way a M3 feels, but you don't see me scrambling to get one.
    Last edited by Raptordude; 10-16-2005 at 07:16 PM.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Schmeow Productions
    "A situation that requires a choice between options that are or seem equally unfavorable or mutually exclusive. "
    http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/buys...w&image=143449
    iv recently purchased a weyless 67 frame for 220 from supergo.

and i dont want to sound like a selfish weiner or whatever, i just dont like how it feels, i feel like im about to break the thing, the rear flex's like 3-4 inches. so i been looking for a new frame
    iv been trying to do trades with people, but no one wants the frame. iv been looking at different frames that i part. want like a giant faith. but when the dudes are selling the frame, i email them and no one wants it. (i dont blame them)
    and iv been starting to include my rear wheel ( profile racing hub worth 300 bucks laced onto a mag30) to see they want to do a trade with my frame and the rear wheel and it seems like no one wants to
    iv now been considering to sell my intire bike to get a whole new bike. but theres just parts of my bike i hve right now that i love ie fork wheels brakes EXT

if i sell my whole bike, itll prob wont get that high and i wont get the quality i want

im done blathering, i just dont know what to do/ what frame to look at/ where to look at for a frame/ if i should sell my whole bike/ to include my rear wheel/ trade full bikes

someone wise please help
    the profile rear hub is 150 mm, right?

keep that wheelset, sell this bike whole and get a good bike (one that you really want, and save a bit if you have to, like keep riding this bike for a while)and you'll save a bunch not having to buy new wheels.

crumb
    squeezing the rear triangle in my legs and trying to move the front the most i can get is about half a cm. somethings wrong with you frame. bearings?

Bike to the Bone...
    Mars, sometimes we don't really get what we want when we want to, that's the way life works. I don't know if the 67 is good or bad, never ridden or seen one in real life.

Whether you should keep yours or not, only you can say. If you just bought the frame, I would sugest you really should give it a try. Some other post here have said that maybe its an adjustment or something.

How much is a Giant Faith frame? how much for the Faith 3 or 2? How much would you realistically ask for your bike? or for your frame? If you bought the 67 frame for 220, I don't think you would get more that 150 for it, maybe. Now, if you sell the whole set, you wont get the amount for the components you've put in. You'll loose some money in the transaction. Like maybe, you'll get 55-65% of what you've put into the bike. Are you sure you don't like your bike that much? How much have you actually ridden it?

I think that you should give it a try, and save this winter for a Faith frame. Also, I would think you should then try to ride several bikes to make sure you get what you want.

Glad to Be Alive
    Flex...make sure all pivots bearings are good, then make sure everything is tight including pivots...check your hub to see if that is tight and all your spokes. I rode a stock 67 and thought it was pretty good.

If all else fails ride the thing till you save up and buy a new frame...be patient and don't make a rush decision...it will only set you back later
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0