Frame Crack???- Mtbr.com

Thread: Frame Crack???

CAPTIN HARDCORE

Upset Frame Crack???

I have a 1999 specialized FSR and the lower swing arm is starting to get a hairline crack and i was wondering if anyone knows if they will warenty it because it is so old. i will post a pic of it soon.
    Last edited by crazbiker4; 05-16-2004 at 05:54 PM.
    [B]Chillin...Riding I hopeB]

eci
    when was it made
    are you the only owner
    when did you buy it

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

right...

ARG..... OMG POEPLE can't think for them selves? Ok now when I crack a frame what is the 1st thing I do? I Contact the frame manufacturer, don't come on here SAYing What should I DO? Its clear no one here is going to proform a mirracle of god and fix your frame! So save your breath and phone the special number. Thank you come again! Am I the only one getting sick of these pointless posts?

Jan 2004
    i know if it will be warrantied, but why ruin the surprise?

CAPTIN HARDCORE

No good

Quote Originally Posted by Max_winner1
    ARG..... OMG POEPLE can't think for them selves? Ok now when I crack a frame what is the 1st thing I do? I Contact the frame manufacturer, don't come on here SAYing What should I DO? Its clear no one here is going to proform a mirracle of god and fix your frame! So save your breath and phone the special number. Thank you come again! Am I the only one getting sick of these pointless posts?
    Man you probably dont even ride, your just one of those people who think they know everything and buy all the best stuff out there but suck so bad you have to talk bad about everyone else. Plus this this is a mountain bike thread and thats what people talk about. If you dont like it maybe you should post somewhere else. Also you reply was pointless and so is this one but someone had to put you in your place! Biaatch!!!!
    [B]Chillin...Riding I hopeB]

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazbiker4
    Man you probably dont even ride, ....
    i've always wondered why people use that line as a comeback for put-down.....its so non-sequential....

May 2004
    your bike will get replaced with either the new part, it if they have any, or they will give you a brand new 2004 FSR for free, that is if you are the origional owner and you can prove it. just take it to your local bike shop

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazbiker4
    Man you probably dont even ride, your just one of those people who think they know everything and buy all the best stuff out there but suck so bad you have to talk bad about everyone else. Plus this this is a mountain bike thread and thats what people talk about. If you dont like it maybe you should post somewhere else. Also you reply was pointless and so is this one but someone had to put you in your place! Biaatch!!!!
    Let me get this through your head sir. Yes I do ride and yes I do suck you are happy now. No I do not know every thing just talk with smart people and understand that making others wonder if specialized is going to warranty his frame. Its like me going to some Joe blow and asking him if the frame is under warranty. What would the frame manufacturer say if I called them up and said " I cracked my frame here (location)", " Joe blow said it sould be under warranty" Yeah right Guess what they say! "Bring it into a LBS and have them contact us" So when it comes down to warranty policies here on frames we have no say because we are not the experts. I have gone through this before, so many peopel say bring it into a LBs or phone the company. Don't go on some forum asking if the bike is should be under warranty. So let me tell you some random thought on the issue. Sure I think he should get a new frame, why not he's a nice guy, yeah he used the bike for the wrong style of ridding but that's ok yeah he should get a new frame why not. THINK about it dude before you talk. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    i've always wondered why people use that line as a comeback for put-down.....its so non-sequential....
    uhgg yeah well it happens at least you cought my drift. BTW Zedro hows your Custom bike? Cnc machined all the way. I want to see the pics again please.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazykid38921
    your bike will get replaced with either the new part, it if they have any, or they will give you a brand new 2004 FSR for free, that is if you are the origional owner and you can prove it. just take it to your local bike shop
    Again I will quote from Crazykid38921 "just take it to your local bike shop"
    I will say it my self "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" "just take it to your local bike shop" Simple enough. Don't take it on a forum take it to your LBS!

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_winner1
    BTW Zedro hows your Custom bike? Cnc machined all the way. I want to see the pics again please.
    i'm extremely happy with it, got 4 days on it so far and today finally got used to the new geometry and let the thing rip. Still gotta tweek the suspension rate a bit and upgrade the damper to get it exactly where i want, but all-together i'm quite happy. I'll try and get updated pics soon.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    i'm extremely happy with it, got 4 days on it so far and today finally got used to the new geometry and let the thing rip. Still gotta tweek the suspension rate a bit and upgrade the damper to get it exactly where i want, but all-together i'm quite happy. I'll try and get updated pics soon.
    updated pics?????

like the air mod changed the whole look of your bike.

(secretly looking at the sexy pics of the bike he already posted before)

May 2004
    You don't have to be a smart a$$ about it, he had a simple queston, you didn't have to barge in and make a arguement, if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, then don't say it and be more mature. come on

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crazykid38921
    You don't have to be a smart a$$ about it, he had a simple queston, you didn't have to barge in and make a arguement, if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, then don't say it and be more mature. come on
    i believe his point was is people are too eager to rely on what online people are saying first rather than initially going through the proper channels, getting the info directly and then letting us know how everything played out. This goes for alot of different things that are frequently brought up here.

I get annoyed too when i see people just being lazy and expecting instant answers for everything rather than doing a bit of footwork, weither it be pre-seaching the net or going the old-fashioned way and picking up a phone or going to their LBS.

Feb 2004
    well, since he DID ask us....I say duck tape