FOxX 40 or Boxxer World Cup- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

FOxX 40 or Boxxer World Cup

What is your opinion between this two. Planning on getting the VP free and I'm deciding which fork to get.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Boxxer is King

I just bought a glory and swapped out the 40 for my world cup (06). The 40 has a higher ride hieght and a better steering radius. It weighs a 1/2 pound more. I swapped it out because i love my boxxer. It is the best fork I have ever ridden. Bar none!

Riding with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sippy
    I just bought a glory and swapped out the 40 for my world cup (06). The 40 has a higher ride hieght and a better steering radius. It weighs a 1/2 pound more. I swapped it out because i love my boxxer. It is the best fork I have ever ridden. Bar none!
    what the hell, i couldnt even tell what you said, let alone which one you were saying to buy. at first u said u got a 40 instead of a WC (i think?) and then said how the 40 was better, then worse, then said you loved your boxxer! WHAT THE HELL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Isn't the proper etiquette on this forum to wait until he posts a picture of himself dropping it, and then spend 70 posts arguing about how big it is? I mean, let's not jump the gun, without a pic of his bike in the air, we can't have photoshopped triagulations and geometrical equations showing why it's really 2 feet and not 22 feet.
    "Quick, pass the bike up again so i can hit it before it starts to hurt!!"

AIM: Haroracer842

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinM[Freerider]
    what the hell, i couldnt even tell what you said, let alone which one you were saying to buy. at first u said u got a 40 instead of a WC (i think?) and then said how the 40 was better, then worse, then said you loved your boxxer! WHAT THE HELL!!!
    Are you retarded?
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    Are you retarded?
    Certainly observant.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=171125
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

keystone addict
    Man, you should so be a teacher for literary comprehension. youre like flippin amazing . jk.

I have a 2006 boxxer team on my vp free and I can honestly say it is THE BEST FORK I HAVE EVER RIDDEN IN MY TEN YEARS OF FREERIDING. it kills the 888, 40s, and everything else ive tried, and costs like half what a forty does. Please buy this fork. I cant tell you how freakin sweet it is. Yesterday, I overshot a seven foot drop and landed in the flats straight on the front wheel. it didnt even bottom, and i have mine set up soft. I love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it.

mtbr member
    Boxxers rule!
    Attached Images Attached Images

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Are you retarded?
    he is retarded, trust me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Riding with...
    im not retarded i just ride bikes unlike everyone on here whos like bahhhhhhhhhh i need to upgrade from my v10 to a better bike because i think the 3 foot drops are getting rough.

in all seriousnies fsdlkj;ldhjsoim snotsenoijrertnot r;etyateardedd..w;kaskgg wlsweeener.
    suck my balls mr. garison

your fvcking stupid if you want a gay cheazy ass boxxer over the best dh fork on the market right now, you all would now this if you actualy did national dh races and used almost every fork on the market.
    agAASASIN IM nottt a wetahd i kjust try tooooo st00pp to yourrxss levellzzlelwe
    Isn't the proper etiquette on this forum to wait until he posts a picture of himself dropping it, and then spend 70 posts arguing about how big it is? I mean, let's not jump the gun, without a pic of his bike in the air, we can't have photoshopped triagulations and geometrical equations showing why it's really 2 feet and not 22 feet.

notabouttoseeyourlight
    ok..... I believe you now BJ...
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    ok..... I believe you now BJ...
    he thinks hes sponsored by haro and races at nationals. cough cough looser cough cough...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sippy
    The 40 with a ti spring weighs the same as the boxxer.

Riding with...
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    he thinks hes sponsored by haro and races at nationals. cough cough looser cough cough...
    i am goto any national race around here and ill be there.

by chance are you coughing from doing a verb that may or may not be related to your username?

i have wetahdism downt make fuhn 0f me.

BJ-
    Rota Imports

by chance are you coughing from doing a verb that may or may not be related to your username?

dude, you ride a haro...

Riding with...
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    dude, you ride a haro...
    dude, not for downhill u dork, i have a brookyln machine works for downhill 9 inches travel yeah be quiet.

mtbr member
    either fork will be great. these are both two light weight DH race forks. i would personally get the 40 but the boxxer WC is great.

Riding with...
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    either fork will be great. these are both two light weight DH race forks. i would personally get the 40 but the boxxer WC is great.
    MY POIINT EXACLTY!! its your choice.
    pss....i heard rox shox made their internals with cocaine..hence ROCK shocks...just a rumor..

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    The 40 with a ti spring weighs the same as the boxxer.

Not the new WCs.

All air spring. They're something retarded like 5.5lbs. Acadian has one that I got to ride.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Not the new WCs.

All air spring. They're something retarded like 5.5lbs. Acadian has one that I got to ride.
    my bad, i was thinking of the team, even tho i know skippy has the WC.

Innovate or die!
    COMPLETE B/S!!!!!!!

the boxxer world cup CLAIMED weight is just under 6.1 pounds........

that is probably without crown, because a kid bought one from the LBS and it weighed 6.35 pounds out the door........

I have played with a world cup and it feels sick sick, but remember a air fork, no matter who makes it, is gonna feel worse and perform worse than a equivalent quality coil.

P.S. The boxxers are also flexy as f***

IMO the 1/2 pound (226g approx) is worth the plushness/damping, durability, and superior rigidity of the fox 40. In My Opinion........

my good bud just got an 06 team and that fork still feels like arse so far. Boxxers get better with oil change/break in, but after a week of riding, it doesnt feel better than the 40.

i am biased towards fox, but i have valid points, you cant argue that.
    170mm profile crankset, silver king headset barely used, new blackspire chainguide, old version hope mini brakes---- all for sale at i-wanna-get-rid-of-it prices. I'm gone all of july after the 10th, other than that PM me if interested.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j6105
    i am biased towards fox, but i have valid points, you cant argue that.

More importantly, did you shout out loud when you read my post?

Can you see your computer through the tears? Is your hand shaking? Can you move the mouse?

I said "something...like". Now the scientific precision implied in that phrase is indisputable.

I had a boxxer once.......and it found a butt on a fox 40. It humped it and made it say uncle. How does that make you feel?

Read that other thread I linked to. I said I'd rather ride the fox fork. But you obviously haven't ridden a new boxxer because it feels badass. And I'd bet you money you couldn't tell the difference between that and a steel spring.

Looks like we're both wrong sweetheart.
    http://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/moun...r/worldcup.php

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I can't go to them since there aren't any.

You're a dumba$$ dude, just shut the hell up while you're behind. You haven't ridden either of them and you don't have a BMW, or else your name wouldn't be haroracer.

He will make up his mind by himself, but he wants opinions from other people. Quit acting like you've ridden anything besides your POS Haro with the EXR Comp on it and go back to Maine.

Innovate or die!
    hahaha someone has his panties in a wad.

im was made because ur the idiot distortin the truth. Dont post Bullshizz if u dont know facts.

I said the 06 world cup felt good when i rode it!! My friends team sux so far, but a good tune up, new oil, and another week might fix that.

Yes it feels good parking lot and big hits, but as with any air fork, there is that permanent bump threshhold that takes away a barely noticible bit of plushness. That gives you lesss traction. Ever ridden a SPV rear shock and then a DHX or non pedal platform shock? Its hard to tell a big difference if they are setup right, but small bump and initial hit traction is much better on the non-air-pedal-platform shock. same situation here.
    170mm profile crankset, silver king headset barely used, new blackspire chainguide, old version hope mini brakes---- all for sale at i-wanna-get-rid-of-it prices. I'm gone all of july after the 10th, other than that PM me if interested.

mtbr member
    You are a FYCKTARDCOCKMONKEY

Stand back

wow, generalisms abound

but as with any air fork, there is that permanent bump threshhold that takes away a barely noticible bit of plushness.
    Pretty sure of that, are you? Air springs in bike suspension have come a long ways since the late 90's...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Sedona, Az USA
    Buy both, they are each awesome forks

Now with flavor!!
    im was made because ur the idiot distortin the truth. Dont post Bullshizz if u dont know facts.

I bow to the great knowledge implied in utter blind devotion to a component manufacturer.

I also find entertainment in that you also quoted what's apparently an incorrect weight and find that I'm an idiot. Not to mention the fact that I don't believe you've ridden a new boxxer WC. I have on real dh trails. Based on that, your criticisms put you somewhere beneath me....a humble idiot.

What does that make you?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    More importantly, did you shout out loud when you read my post?

Can you see your computer through the tears? Is your hand shaking? Can you move the mouse?

I said "something...like". Now the scientific precision implied in that phrase is indisputable.

I had a boxxer once.......and it found a butt on a fox 40. It humped it and made it say uncle. How does that make you feel?

Read that other thread I linked to. I said I'd rather ride the fox fork. But you obviously haven't ridden a new boxxer because it feels badass. And I'd bet you money you couldn't tell the difference between that and a steel spring.

Looks like we're both wrong sweetheart.
    http://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/moun...r/worldcup.php
    you just owned yourself....
    "* Weights are based on 200 mm steerer tube pre-production models and may vary. Actual fork travel may vary +/- 3 mm. Specifications and call-outs are preliminary and are subject to change."

Personally id go with the 40, 40mm stanchons are super stiff, while the boxxer has 32's i think and are flexy

mtbr member

Damn, that ends all petty arguments.....

Quote Originally Posted by M1_joel
    Buy both, they are each awesome forks

Sick.....
    RESIST OR SERVE!!!

mtbr member
    MY POIINT EXACLTY!! its your choice.
    pss....i heard rox shox made their internals with cocaine..hence ROCK shocks...just a rumor..
    End yourself, but before that, please learn what drug comes in "rock" form before you try to be funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox787
    you just owned yourself....
    "* Weights are based on 200 mm steerer tube pre-production models and may vary. Actual fork travel may vary +/- 3 mm. Specifications and call-outs are preliminary and are subject to change."

Personally id go with the 40, 40mm stanchons are super stiff, while the boxxer has 32's i think and are flexy
    I feel so used.

Wait......no I don't.........
    I also don't see any relation to fork travel and the fact that I said the new boxxer WCs were lighter than fox 40s which they are. I stated an incorrect weight......I admitted that.

If you're going to refute what I say, make some sense with some info that's *gasp* relevant.

Innovate or die!
    shoot except that boxxer in pic is an 05 spring damped boxxer.

yeah i guess i didnt ride the boxxer world cup on a legit trail, it was just some trail in canada called A-line, at this place called whizzler. On kyle "Prince George" PG's bike, he is sponsored by trek.

Boxxer is also making carbon lowers for those guys as of right now. Expect that shizz to show up in a year or two.

Kidwoo i am under 18 and i have more maturity than you. Go to anger management class.

Now with flavor!!
    If that's directed at me, here's my first post on the matter

Not the new WCs.

yeah i guess i didnt ride the boxxer world cup on a legit trail, it was just some trail in canada called A-line, at this place called whizzler. On kyle "Prince George" PG's bike, he is sponsored by trek.
    Those rock gardens must have given you a heck of a time. What about it being an air fork stood out most as a weakness in your experience?

Kidwoo i am under 18 and i have more maturity than you. Go to anger management class.
    Don't confuse anger with my mild irritation with your behavior. Also......don't confuse your posts in this thread with mine.

COMPLETE B/S!!!!!!!

I've yet to call you a name or blatantly insult you.....or feel the need to write things as if I were yelling at you..................where's that maturity I keep hearing about?

mtbr member
    owned

BJ-
    Rota Imports

Boxxer is also making carbon lowers for those guys as of right now. Expect that shizz to show up in a year or two.

how old are you?

Members who have read this thread: 0