Fox Float CTD on a DH Bike?- Mtbr.com
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja

Fox Float CTD on a DH Bike?

Anyone run one before? They seem to make them in 9.5X3.0. Pros over a Float X2? Also considering a Float X2 Performance because of price... Are those internals the same as the Factory just minus the Kashima coating and HSC and HSR dials? This is going on a 2014 Kona Operator btw... Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The Fox CTD is a piece of garbage.

The only way that shock will work is if you send it to Avalanche for them to gut it and replace the internals. Otherwise get something else.
    Intense 951 Evo and Santa Cruz Megatower

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Robin View Post
    The Fox CTD is a piece of garbage.

The only way that shock will work is if you send it to Avalanche for them to gut it and replace the internals. Otherwise get something else.
    good to know thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    As far as pros/cons go between the CTD and X2, it's all pros for the X2. They're two completely different shocks. I guess the only pro for the CTD is weight; they weigh next to nothing...but perform badly.

The factory X2 is only Kashima (which doesn't do anything...it's more gimmick) and has, like you said, the high speed dials. You can always add the high speed dials later on to the performance model when cash isn't a problem.
    Intense 951 Evo and Santa Cruz Megatower

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Robin View Post
    As far as pros/cons go between the CTD and X2, it's all pros for the X2. They're two completely different shocks. I guess the only pro for the CTD is weight; they weigh next to nothing...but perform badly.

The factory X2 is only Kashima (which doesn't do anything...it's more gimmick) and has, like you said, the high speed dials. You can always add the high speed dials later on to the performance model when cash isn't a problem.
    the CTD i was looking at was apparently tuned for a DHR. I passed on it though... Bought a Vivid R2C medium tune instead for my 2014 Kona Park Operator...