Fox 36- Mtbr.com

Thread: Fox 36

timw
    Apr 2005

Fox 36

I just paid an insane amount of money for a Fox 36 which I assumed would be a quality fork. With the travel adjuster dialed all the way out this is only a 125 mm fork instead of a 150 mm as stated in their ad copy. Also, in on their websites and posters the fork appears to be black. It is a reddish brown which goes with no bike frame color on earth. Obviously, the travel issue is more important. Has anybody else had this same problem. If so, I really need to hear from you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Wanker
    I just paid an insane amount of money for a Fox 36 which I assumed would be a quality fork. With the travel adjuster dialed all the way out this is only a 125 mm fork instead of a 150 mm as stated in their ad copy. Also, in on their websites and posters the fork appears to be black. It is a reddish brown which goes with no bike frame color on earth. Obviously, the travel issue is more important. Has anybody else had this same problem. If so, I really need to hear from you.
    Either you cant read, or something isnt working right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

timw
    Apr 2005

Upset

[QUOTE=Hank Wanker]I just paid an insane amount of money for a Fox 36 which I assumed would be a quality fork. With the travel adjuster dialed all the way out this is only a 125 mm fork instead of a 150 mm as stated in their ad copy. Also, in on their websites and posters the fork appears to be black. It is a reddish brown which goes with no bike frame color on earth. Obviously, the travel issue is more important. Has anybody else had this same problem. If so, I really need to hear from you. If Fox is intentionally misrepresenting the travel on their forks this is a serious issue.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I've never seen anything where it looked black. All of the ads I've seen it looked brown. Maybe there is too much oil in the damping side or something that's limiting travel, how are you measuring travel?

Former Noob Herder
    well theres no way the 36 is only a 125mm fork, no one is gona misrepresent a whole inch of travel (not to mention we already know its a 6" fork).

i
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    I've never seen anything where it looked black. All of the ads I've seen it looked brown.
    yeah its definitly a readish brown, maybe the colors on his monitor arent very good

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Light, Strong and Long
    Jan 2005
    [QUOTE=Hank Wanker]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Wanker
    I just paid an insane amount of money for a Fox 36 which I assumed would be a quality fork. With the travel adjuster dialed all the way out this is only a 125 mm fork instead of a 150 mm as stated in their ad copy. Also, in on their websites and posters the fork appears to be black. It is a reddish brown which goes with no bike frame color on earth. Obviously, the travel issue is more important. Has anybody else had this same problem. If so, I really need to hear from you. If Fox is intentionally misrepresenting the travel on their forks this is a serious issue.

To ajust travel on the new TALAS systems you need to compless the fork a few times to get the fork to the new travel positon. Try that and you shouldent have a problem. If it presists, call fox or visit a dealer, they should be able to help you. As for the color, suck it up.
    Everyones got a little weight weinee in them

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooly_CoolyOo
    As for the color, suck it up.
    or get it powder coated....

someone i know just got a 6 pack, and he put a 36 on it... white and brown are alright together....