found this picture (merged with other dumb picture threads)- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive

found this picture

walking on water
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:19 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Team
    OHHHHHHH MYYYYY!!! What the... WoW. WOW. wow! JEEZZZZZZZz That is soooooo ohhh nooon owniowhoinsdlsnbl;jhcnio;aejlfbn wow.

Is that photoshoped or something?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by DHbiker
    OHHHHHHH MYYYYY!!! What the... WoW. WOW. wow! JEEZZZZZZZz That is soooooo ohhh nooon owniowhoinsdlsnbl;jhcnio;aejlfbn wow.

Is that photoshoped or something?
    not photoshoped at all

REPEAT: NOT PHOTOSHOPED AT ALL

so what do you think it is??
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ice....

Silence! I kill you!

I know what it is......

and where the pic was taken at
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    ice....
    yeah, easy to spot in the foreground, can see the fractures and air mix

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    walking on water

Ice...

Jan 2005
    not photoshoped at all

The water is frozen either that or this is the lightest bike EVER!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Also, the reflection of the bike and the guy was too crisp to be on a fluid surface that the bike is touching

So what do I win, SMT....it better be good

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro

Leave it you Zedro to have a technical explanation for ice.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Xtremely Moderate
    not photoshoped at all

Its a phenomenon not known to most Californians called "frozen body of water".

"Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Glad to Be Alive
    Shibby is the winner

Here goes Shibby.

You and one guest will drive from Toronto (current temp 11 degrees) to southern california where the temp is a cold 62 degrees, but sunny today. You will have a bunker in the famous Shiver me Timbers Landlubber Sweet, where you will dine on Beck's and Stella Artois beer and shots of Patron Silver. Breakfast burritos in the morning, fat sandwiches in the afternoon and every night is a good night to BBQ something. To make sure you sleep sound at night we have taken care of that. Rides with famous people like WCH, Alloy, Swoop, and Roaming oregon are all arranged and for FREE...did I mention FREE You will be brought to the land of dirt jumps and crazy trails. Plus you will be brought to a different Strip club every night. Yes we did say Strip Club

Plus as an added bonus...not only will we bring you down 6 mile plus DH trails....you will get a secret blindfolded trip into Dankland. Where you will be required to inhale the finest which the dank crew can find before you ride the "terror of sickdom".[COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR]

All can be your for a price of the drive...Memories not included

Shiver Me Timbers prize give-a-ways are Not responsible for any harm that may come your way....including speeding tickets, DUI's, smuggling, stolen items, V.D., hangovers, injuries, food poisoning, car sickness, and anything else that could happen.

When you coming Shibby???...dates are limited.

* Dankland and dank crew and terror of Sickdom are trademarks of Zachdank Inc. Zachdank Inc. can revoke this portion of the prize at any time.
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 01-27-2005 at 12:18 PM.

Xtremely Moderate
    Shibby is the winner
    Don't forget when you crash off the WOD, you get pee'd on.
    That's included in the package.

Take a snorkel with you...........

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm trying to score a business trip to Cali this spring, so don't be surprised if I call in this prize The company is in Fremont, though I wouldn't mind making the trek to see how you do things on the west coast...though Dankland scares the hell out of me

Slim chance, but I'll try to make you regret your generous prize :P

P.S. That's a hella crazy drive. I flew to San Diego last winter on bidness, and it took damn near 6 hours on a plane!

Glad to Be Alive
    I'm trying to score a business trip to Cali this spring, so don't be surprised if I call in this prize The company is in Fremont, though I wouldn't mind making the trek to see how you do things on the west coast...though Dankland scares the hell out of me

P.S. That's a hella crazy drive. I flew to San Diego last winter on bidness, and it took damn near 6 hours on a plane!
    I drove that...2 years ago, but I stop in differnt places along the way.

BTW Fremont is up by Oakland/San Francisco...closer to Dankland. But you are still welcome to come out here

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    cool...a PhD student in our lab moved to do a post-doc in SF last year and drove with his wife. They set aside a week to do it :O , but wanted to make something of a vacation out of it. They had all sorts of descriptions of Utah which quickly had me drooling...they need to have more conferences there so I can sneak some riding in!

Also, what in God's name did you come to Toronto for? The bland architecture?

Glad to Be Alive
    cool...a PhD student in our lab moved to do a post-doc in SF last year and drove with his wife. They set aside a week to do it :O , but wanted to make something of a vacation out of it. They had all sorts of descriptions of Utah which quickly had me drooling...they need to have more conferences there so I can sneak some riding in!

Also, what in God's name did you come to Toronto for? The bland architecture?
    went to Ballparks across america....all the way to Boston then down to atlanta and back the 10

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is that what it sounds like? Touring different ballparks? So did you actually pass through TO to visit the Skydome?

Glad to Be Alive
    Is that what it sounds like? Touring different ballparks? So did you actually pass through TO to visit the Skydome?
    needle and the falls

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Its a phenomenon not known to most Californians called "frozen body of water".

That's what I was thinking - must be nice to live in a place where ice isn't the first thing to pop into your head.

Yo Paseo El Scream
    did any body listen!?!?! it's not ice
    Banshee Bikes
    Honorary Member Of The 200 Club
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    ..."if i can jump it on my feet whilst running as fast as i can, then it aint worth jumping on a bike"...

LT1
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

...All the way to California for a Strip Club ???...

...Canadian strip clubs are much better...The ladies remove it all here. I've heard that that is not the case in all U.S. clubs.

Of course, some clubs in Canada are like that too - see Saskatchewan. Come to think of it, I think private strippers are illegal there too...who cares, I just drive through it on my way to Calgary anyway...

If anything, you should go visit zedro in Montreal - that's where the action is...

Team
    So what is it?

Silence! I kill you!

... and if we just ...

oh, its ice alright. That pics was taken in Henry Coe Park in Morgan Hill on a good sized MTBR ride. There is a thread about the ride in the Norcal forum.
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Kill that $hit!

Fremont

If you end up in Fremont, you're close enough to Demo, Skegs, China Camp, Carlmont, and a bunch of good jump parks, as well as bombing down the streets of San Francisco. Good times fer sher!

May 2004
    wouldn't it be dammed cold for the stream to freez thououghly enough to support that bike (yea i know its light) and that guy is in frikin shorts and tights

unless you were kidding of course, then i must conmence in slapping myself in the face

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ahhh, Club SuperSex....where else is a city's biggest attraction a strip club (at least for young guys with no sense of culture like myself)? I still remember walking down a street in Montreal at night by a strip club with a sign that read "legal contact"....I guess they probably just meant lapdances, but it was pretty funny at the time, we were joking that the next one was going to say something like "legal fluid transfer"....ewwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by LT1
    If anything, you should go visit zedro in Montreal - that's where the action is...

Silence! I kill you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China
    wouldn't it be dammed cold for the stream to freez thououghly enough to support that bike (yea i know its light) and that guy is in frikin shorts and tights

unless you were kidding of course, then i must conmence in slapping myself in the face

it was actually frozen enough to stand on. I've got a pic of me standing on it as well, and I weight about 170. Of course I was about as far out as the bike was
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    walking on water
    here's the Techinical Explanation

Zedro:

The Cosmic Phase enducer is having a dirrect propotional force by quantum phiton on object 1 . (bike) therfore having O2 creating an electromagnetic force holding the bike by the Generation of the mans Telekenetic powers. AMEN!

Laymans terms. good shot but its only ice LOL.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    it was actually frozen enough to stand on. I've got a pic of me standing on it as well, and I weight about 170. Of course I was about as far out as the bike was
    post the picture

Glad to Be Alive

whats wrong with this pix

tell me
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Sedona, Az USA
    billie D williams fix'n to toss a salad

TNC
    noMAD man

SMT, the Roaming Gnome...

Shibby is the winner

Here goes Shibby.

You and one guest will drive from Toronto (current temp 11 degrees) to southern california where the temp is a cold 62 degrees, but sunny today. You will have a bunker in the famous Shiver me Timbers Landlubber Sweet, where you will dine on Beck's and Stella Artois beer and shots of Patron Silver. Breakfast burritos in the morning, fat sandwiches in the afternoon and every night is a good night to BBQ something. To make sure you sleep sound at night we have taken care of that. Rides with famous people like WCH, Alloy, Swoop, and Roaming oregon are all arranged and for FREE...did I mention FREE You will be brought to the land of dirt jumps and crazy trails. Plus you will be brought to a different Strip club every night. Yes we did say Strip Club

Plus as an added bonus...not only will we bring you down 6 mile plus DH trails....you will get a secret blindfolded trip into Dankland. Where you will be required to inhale the finest which the dank crew can find before you ride the "terror of sickdom".[COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR]

All can be your for a price of the drive...Memories not included

Shiver Me Timbers prize give-a-ways are Not responsible for any harm that may come your way....including speeding tickets, DUI's, smuggling, stolen items, V.D., hangovers, injuries, food poisoning, car sickness, and anything else that could happen.

When you coming Shibby???...dates are limited.

* Dankland and dank crew and terror of Sickdom are trademarks of Zachdank Inc. Zachdank Inc. can revoke this portion of the prize at any time.
    and new MTBR Travelosity agent. On that trip to Dankland, however...do I have to inhale? A nice pre-ride tequila would be nice, though...about 10oz. should do, LOL!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They have their tops on, that's what's the matter.

Also their not supermodel attractive....come on, SMT, give me something to work with here

Glad to Be Alive
    They have their tops on, that's what's the matter.

Also their not supermodel attractive....come on, SMT, give me something to work with here
    look closely

Sep 2004
    look closely
    There ugly...

Aug 2004
    tell me
    Whata dike!

(am i allowed to say that...)

May 2004
    look closely
    oohhh haha i see, im not gonna ruin it though

hint: can you find the perv?

Aug 2004
    Kinda freaked me out when I saw it - the dude... behind the chick in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by M1_joel
    billie D williams fix'n to toss a salad
    Ahhh.. it all makes sense now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Kinda freaked me out when I saw it - the dude... behind the chick in the middle.

Ahhh.. it all makes sense now.
    They all look like dudes to me

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I see...that's disappointing. My original point still stands though, SMT. Show me a pic of 3 supermodels cuddling with each other, and I'll tell you what's right about the pic!

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    hahahahahaha rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silence! I kill you!

I'll post it

in the mornin, since I don't have it on this computer. Once I get to work though I'll put it up. I think I got 1 or 2 more from that same ride someone else took.
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Xtremely Moderate
    Ha ha ha.........

3 homely white broads taking a picture before they have a 4-way with the brother they picked up at the club...........

.........I can hear Barry White playing in the background.

Silence! I kill you!

Here they are

First pic is me on the water, pic taken by Rumpfy, and second is the stream we were throwin rocks on tryin to crack the ice. 2nd pic taken by BigLarry
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

the target bike basher
    that ice is freking wierd looking, its perfectly clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Go hit some more two foot plywood jumps in your culdesack on your toys'r'us magma

your mom
    i think thats what happens when moving water freezes