Formular 1 Jedi or Evil bike Revolt- Mtbr.com
    T.W.O.

Formular 1 Jedi or Evil bike Revolt

I'm thinking about getting in to DH I've never own one before. if anyone have try these 2 bike before please share the pro's and con

I'm also considering "The one" What do you think ?

Bike Ninja |||
    I own a revolt... it's an awesome bike. mad adjustable, even though i primarily leave it in one setting for everything. only downside is cost really.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    I have had the original F1s, the 08 jedis (2) and a 2010 jedi that will be here wed.
    Love the bike, picks up speed over bumps, rails corners, great for freeride it pretty pedal friendly. Little to no pedal feedback on braking bumps and almost NO chain growth.
    Bike is SUPER stable at speed and actually gets better the faster you go.
    It performs really well at the jump park and is fun on the skills park stuff.
    As far as a race bike its top notch, well designed and squats when braking keeping you from getting the over the bars feeling.
    You stay centered in the travel so its really easy to change lines and know where the bike is at at all times.

Jerry from hippietech sold his V-10 after pedaling mine around and ordered up a 09 2 weeks ago, he built it and took it out. He is blown away at how much faster it was. Jerry has several years experience on bikes so it was good to hear it from him..
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I've ridden the Revolt and liked i but... The Jedi just fits my riding style better. I've owned the 08 and now the 09 and am still blown away with the bike after 2 seasons of riding them. It simply put... GIVES YOU A $HIT-TON OF CONFIDENCE!!!

T.W.O.
    The way the Jedi route the chain is it possible to use Hammerschmidt since HS has a little top cap to keep the chain.

I was watching You tube, Spencer was riding it man it's really sick. Of course he's good too.
    Thanks

≈ > ♥
    The One isn't a DH bike. Go with the Jedi.

Locs on Spokez
    To be perfectly honest I was less than impressed riding a Revolt...
    Much prefer my M6...
    Jedi's are decent, hate the massive amount of rearward travel though.... parallel link is not my thing

Get whatever you think will be the most fun, they're all great bikes you won't be disappointed with any of them.
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

mtbr member
    whats the difference between the 08 09 10 jedis ?
    is there any ? except of the rear wheel clearance ?
    17' Canfield Jedi 27.5" - The fast just got faster!
    15' Canfield Balance - The go to guy of the bike world!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    the 09's had more tire clearance then the 08's. '10s have a degree slacker HT that drops it to 64˚ instead of 65.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885
    The way the Jedi route the chain is it possible to use Hammerschmidt since HS has a little top cap to keep the chain.
    You might want to talk to the brothers about HS. They were testing the setup last year.

I have a Jedi, and everyone who tried mine liked it so far. When I was at Bootleg last month, 2 others had Jedi's there, which was impressive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Formular 1 Jedi or Evil bike Revolt-hammer3.jpg  

mtbr member
    I'm going to be the devil's advocate here...

If you're just thinking about getting into dh why do you want to invest a huge chunk of money into a sport that you have never done on a type of bike that you have limited to no experience on?

Are you planning on racing? If so, how balls out are you going to go into it?
    Where do you live? What type of terrain do you have? What is your riding style?
    Do you have a ski resort nearby that cater's to mountain bikers in the summertime?
    Do you have lots of friends who ride dh? Do you have lots of shuttleable dh trails that actually necessitate a dh bike?

Not wanting to come off as a prick man, just trying to get you to use your head and be realistic and practical instead of getting caught up with what everyone says is the cat's pajamas, internet sites, and world cup dh videos. If you're just getting into DH why not get a really awesome used bike? You can get a used V-10, Stab, Demo 8, Sunday, etc, etc for less than what Just a Revolt or Jedi frame would cost you.

I know it's super awesome to spend 6-7 grand on a dh bike that is brand new and shiny... But at the same time if you don't really know how a dh bike is supposed to ride and how a dh bike should be set up to your style of riding and the terrain near your home then you wont notice much difference between that and a 2,500 used bike in great shape.

Sometimes that 6-7 grand spent goes into a bike that goes to a ski resort 4-5 times in the summer, and once or twice a month on shuttle runs. And thats cool if you already have something else to ride, but if this is your only bike I definately recommend saving your money and going with something that isn't the super dope-tastic whip-nasty baller bike that everyone out there dreams of. Those bikes will always be there and will be even better the next time you pull out your wallet to buy one after you've gained a ton of experience on something else.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'm all for buying used when money is an issue, but buying new is way better on alot of levels, so if you have the money for it go for it. But mostly his dudeness makes good points.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I own an 09 Jedi and a Revolt. They are both excellent bikes. Like anything else, each has it's strengths, and if you ask some they have their weaknesses too. As has already been mentioned, the jedi's rear suspension takes square edged hits very well without sacrificing speed. I opted for the Elka shock which suits this frame very well and offers a lot of tunability.

The evil is simpler in that it is a single pivot, but has a pretty complex linkage to really control the leverage ratio as the suspension cycles. It also has a ton of adjustability, head angle, wheel base, bb height, etc..

After having ridden both bikes and taking them out on the same trails on the same days in the same conditions, I have taken more of a liking to my revolt. It just has a more poppy, playful feel to me. I think it looks pretty tough too. I don't know that anyone could really be very disappointed with either bike though. I'm gonna have to find a new home for my Jedi though, so I can build a new bike or two this spring. Anybody looking for a large Jedi with very little pedal time? Lol!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    very interested, PM sent.

Members who have read this thread: 0