fork rebound- Mtbr.com

Thread: fork rebound

mtbr member
    May 2004

fork rebound

I have a big hit comp and a sugar 4+ and i have a ski condo in nh that i stay at for the better part of the summer. We have a deck and thats where i always leave my two bikes. Both of the forks on the bikes have almost lost all of their rebound. About half as slow as what they where at when i ride them before recently. The big hit is about 3 months old and the fisher is around 8 months old. I think the constant sun on them might have done somthing to the oil. Is this crazy or is their something else that happened to it and has this happened to anyone else? Thanks

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by bighitripper
    I have a big hit comp and a sugar 4+ and i have a ski condo in nh that i stay at for the better part of the summer. We have a deck and thats where i always leave my two bikes. Both of the forks on the bikes have almost lost all of their rebound. About half as slow as what they where at when i ride them before recently. The big hit is about 3 months old and the fisher is around 8 months old. I think the constant sun on them might have done somthing to the oil. Is this crazy or is their something else that happened to it and has this happened to anyone else? Thanks
    have you tried adjusting them? maybe the sun could have done something, i dunno. wait for JM or Zedro and they might know.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Jm.
    mtbr member
    no clue since i dont know what forks you are talking about

the problem sounds very odd though...
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I still have the dirt jumper 2 on the big hit and a manitou black on the fisher.