Fork questions- Mtbr.com

Thread: Fork questions

mtbr member

Fork questions

Ive been looking at a few forks to put on my new DH bike, and ive come up with a few. The 888RC, BoxxerWC(05' or 03'), or the Stance KP. My main question is would the travel differences and changes in the forks really vary the rideheight/HA/handling characteristics that much? I really like the Kingpin due to the price, and the dampening...but I am questioning the change in handling. Ive tried to find the A-C height for the 03' and 05' Boxxer but cant find anything...is there that much of a difference? Any help with this would be appriciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulC
    freeriding ain't safe. sooner or later you will hurt or kill yourself.yer spokes aint' gonna make any difference less'n you get yer johnson caught in them

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DJrider04
    Ive been looking at a few forks to put on my new DH bike, and ive come up with a few. The 888RC, BoxxerWC(05' or 03'), or the Stance KP. My main question is would the travel differences and changes in the forks really vary the rideheight/HA/handling characteristics that much? I really like the Kingpin due to the price, and the dampening...but I am questioning the change in handling. Ive tried to find the A-C height for the 03' and 05' Boxxer but cant find anything...is there that much of a difference? Any help with this would be appriciated.
    If you are looking for an answer to how these forks will affect the handling of your bike, you might want to inform us of what type of bike you have.

mtbr member
    Well...really all im looking for is the height of the forks. I cant find anything on the Boxxer's, or the KP...and I know the 888 is tall. My frame really depends on how much cash I have at the time....
    freeriding ain't safe. sooner or later you will hurt or kill yourself.yer spokes aint' gonna make any difference less'n you get yer johnson caught in them

Bad@ss NYC Freerider
    Buy a 2001-2005 Marzocchi Monster T or Shiver. frame does not matter. BUY IT!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Forks that have bolts to tighten the tripleclamps throghout, rather than cryofit, have adjustable axle to crown ride hights. The front may be lowered till marginal tire clearance, or raised till the very tops of the stantions are clamped. Some forks may have two inches of adjustability.
    Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Thanks alot man, it does. Ill have know that one of the frames I was considering was a 9.5