forgiveness- Mtbr.com

Thread: forgiveness

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

forgiveness

I know its kinda lame askin for forgiveness after the pig head i was but im sorry i was talkin like a moron so if you guys wiped yours eyes and said its ok that would be nice(jk) i wont talk like that again but i dont like ppl talkin about cali like that!lol anyway could you guys tell me if dorados are a high maintenece fork and if they can be good for mostly racin and a little freeride? thanks a lot and sorry agian,

the only bighit with 888s

888bighit

Authority is dead!
    They are pure racing forks that ideally need maintenance every 3 or so rides. My friend had it and it was a pain. Whenever you call him to ride, he would be like "if I finish my fork by then...". Don't think carbon fork would be good for freeriding either.
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    i forgive you.

the new dorados aren't carbon because thery had problems with the non-airtight-ness of that sexy composite.

they won't need maintinance every 3 rides at all, but definately more than others.

Pro Crastinator
    CALI SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

(insert irony here)

mtbr member
    Am I the only person who thinks its useles to take offense to things said on over the internet?

soviet pride

New question here. ruski

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13
    They are pure racing forks that ideally need maintenance every 3 or so rides. My friend had it and it was a pain. Whenever you call him to ride, he would be like "if I finish my fork by then...". Don't think carbon fork would be good for freeriding either.
    vi gavareitte pa ruski?

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    Am I the only person who thinks its useles to take offense to things said on over the internet?

Gee thanks, now the 8 hours I waste on here every day feels even more uneventful, pointless, and fruitless. Thanks for stealing all the meaning in my life away and launching me back into an existential crisis/tail spin...

I will probaly have to turn back to booze again to get through this.

I mean if ya can't take offense at some ass-snipe saying stupid crap about their/your Zocchi, than what DO YOU believe in, man!

Thanks again, I kind of miss drinking anyway, so....

/dev/null
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    i forgive you.

the new dorados aren't carbon because thery had problems with the non-airtight-ness of that sexy composite.

they won't need maintinance every 3 rides at all, but definately more than others.
    Huh?

Where are these non-carbon Dorados that you speak of?

Where did you get that information, anyway? Manitou has been using carbon for years and years.

Xtremely Moderate
    Eff you douche!..............kidding..............no really..........Eff you!.................kidding again.............but really...........Hey efff you!................hahhahaha ......................just kidding again.........................NOT...........Efff you! FU
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by pdirt

I will probaly have to turn back to booze again to get through this.

Thanks again, I kind of miss drinking anyway, so....
    BEER......er I mean..........PEER PRESSURE.............

"Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    BEER......er I mean..........PEER PRESSURE.............

cha.. like REALLY good beer can tempt me.. sure.

...ouchie. Dead Guy... we've spent some nights passed out on the lawn together... beleive 'dat.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Huh?

Where are these non-carbon Dorados that you speak of?

Where did you get that information, anyway? Manitou has been using carbon for years and years.
    As smart as you are BV, i'd figure you know ironhorsebike1 is a complete douche who takes out of his asss constantly.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

/dev/null
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    As smart as you are BV, i'd figure you know ironhorsebike1 is a complete douche who takes out of his asss constantly.
    Ahh... I've not spent much time on MTBR lately so I've lost track of who makes up crap and who actually has some good information...

Maybe he should clap a piece of epoxy'd carbon over his mouth and see how "non-airtight" it is?

sorry. i didn't read over my post. what i meant to say was that they aren't doing the SPV any more in them because they couldn't get them to hold the air right.

and don't you mean takes it in the ass?

what's up with you recently sherpa? it that time of the month again? or are you still sore because kerry didn't win?

mtbr member
    i forgive you.

u find carbon fiber sexy too???!??!?

i thought it was just me....

/dev/null
    sorry. i didn't read over my post. what i meant to say was that they aren't doing the SPV any more in them because they couldn't get them to hold the air right.
    Uh..? Written in your post was both "carbon" and "sexy composite". That's quite a slip up, considering they both sound nothing like "SPV" nor have any relation

From what I've heard, they ARE still working the SPV into the Travis fork, actually. Couple guys who talked to the Manitou tent have indicated that they are incorporating some kind of SPV platform into their TPC+ damper.

650 yay area
    i hate this website

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kadvang
    i hate this website
    Me twozies, we shall have a battle soon.

Uh..? Written in your post was both "carbon" and "sexy composite". That's quite a slip up, considering they both sound nothing like "SPV" nor have any relation

From what I've heard, they ARE still working the SPV into the Travis fork, actually. Couple guys who talked to the Manitou tent have indicated that they are incorporating some kind of SPV platform into their TPC+ damper.
    they couldn't get the carbon to hold the air from the SPV correctly so for the dorado they discontinued the SPV on the dorados and kept the carbon w/ the TPC+. geez
    Last edited by ironhorsebike1; 04-19-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Uhhhhh...
    they couldn't get the carbon to hold the air from the SPV correctly so for the dorado they discontinued the SPV and kept the carbon w/ the TPC+. geez
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH, more ass talking. Wow, you seriously are clueless.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, more ass talking. Wow, you seriously are clueless.
    go look at their site, ass clown. i can promise you that you'll only see a TPC blue dorado with carbon and no SPV.

and if not, would you mind explaining to me how i am clueless. please. i dying to know.

Buckle Up
    go look at their site, ass clown. i can promise you that you'll only see a TPC blue dorado with carbon and no SPV.

and if not, would you mind explaining to me how i am clueless. please. i dying to know.
    How does that have anything to do with the carbon fiber not being able to hold air for SPV?

I've never heard of anything like that before.
    <><

Uhhhhh...

/Quote/ they couldn't get the carbon to hold the air from the SPV correctly /Quote/

You make it sound like they couldn't get the actual carbon uppers to hold the SPV air, which has nothing to do with the carbon tubes. The SPV is problematic in other forks, not just the Dorados. Assclown.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    u guys should have a pillow fight.
    Hahah, i'd be game. Pillows actually hurt after a few swings and all the feathers get to one end.

You make it sound like they couldn't get the actual carbon uppers to hold the SPV air, which has nothing to do with the carbon tubes. The SPV is problematic in other forks, not just the Dorados. Assclown.
    then why would they just discontinue it in only the dorado and not all their bunches other products if it's so problematic.

and too bad that's what the mechanic from the yeti race(sponsored be manitou) team told me about the SPV and the carbon. he actually rode one and said that he constantly had to pump it up along with the other guys on his team. he talked to manitou about the problems that they had been having and he said to me that manitou said that the carbon was not airtight enough for the high pressures of the fork. does that sound like a reliable enough source for you. shut the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    u guys should have a pillow fight.
    or a bike-off.

Uhhhhh...
    then why would they just discontinue it in only the dorado and not all their bunches other products if it's so problematic.

and too bad that's what the mechanic from the yeti race(sponsored be manitou) team told me about the SPV and the carbon. he actually rode one and said that he constantly had to pump it up along with the other guys on his team. he talked to manitou about the problems that they had been having and he said to me that manitou said that the carbon was not airtight enough for the high pressures of the fork. does that sound like a reliable enough source for you. shut the hell up.
    Your a tool.

Buckle Up
    Your a tool.
    Whose "a tool"?

hehehe
    <><

Your a tool.
    i'm not the one who started the sh*t slinging.

Uhhhhh...
    i'm not the one who started the sh*t slinging.
    Ok were both tools, but the leaky and sh!tty SPV has nothing to do with the actual carbon of the fork, just that the SPV valve couldn't hold up to the abuses.

surf-ride-repeat
    My completely brilliant sardonic aside made earlier in this post was lost to all the hair pulling and finger nail slashing that occurred after it...once again...

I waste myself on this place, I swear.

Ok were both tools, but the leaky and sh!tty SPV has nothing to do with the actual carbon of the fork, just that the SPV valve couldn't hold up to the abuses.
    in the words of the outdated smash mouth "why can't we be friends?"

why do we continue to create the hate and animosity between ourselves(i'm guilty too). we're all bikers, why not ban together and who knows what would come of it.

Uhhhhh...
    in the words of the outdated smash mouth "why can't we be friends?"

why do we continue to create the hate and animosity between ourselves(i'm guilty too). we're all bikers, why not ban together and who knows what would come of it.
    Because that wouldn't be as much, this is the internet after all. (Anything i say or do on the e-web in no way reflects my real persona.)

Can't get right...
    This whole thread was an incredible waste of storage space on some server out in internetland...God people go out and ride abit.
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikepinkbikes
    vi gavareitte pa ruski?
    tovarishch!. ti gavarish po-russki? poidyom na hijack etot thread...

Can't get right...

My avatar against ur avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyracegirl
    tovarishch!. ti gavarish po-russki? poidyom na hijack etot thread...
    cute dog
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dannymonky
    cute dog
    Thanks. I stole it off the internet. I don't think I could never own a Jack Russell, mostly because I'm too much like one (way too much energy, wants attention on it's own terms, picks fights with Rottweilers...)
    Grrrrr....

/dev/null
    and too bad that's what the mechanic from the yeti race(sponsored be manitou) team told me about the SPV and the carbon. he actually rode one and said that he constantly had to pump it up along with the other guys on his team. he talked to manitou about the problems that they had been having and he said to me that manitou said that the carbon was not airtight enough for the high pressures of the fork. does that sound like a reliable enough source for you.
    That's a load of B.S.

The damper is sealed, they don't rely on the carbon fiber legs to hold the air pressure from the SPV. It's all in a big tube inside the fork - the carbon fiber legs are simply structural and hold the semi-bath oil. Try looking at the fork manuals on Manitou's website - your statemente doesn't even hold up to the most basic logic. The dampers themselves are not made of carbon fiber. Even if the carbon fiber legs did need to retain air for some reason, the carbon is covered in an epoxy resin; are you really going to say that epoxy isn't airtight?

Either you're making stuff up, or that mechanic shouldn't be a mechanic.

Uhhhhh...
    That's a load of B.S.

The damper is sealed, they don't rely on the carbon fiber legs to hold the air pressure from the SPV. It's all in a big tube inside the fork - the carbon fiber legs are simply structural and hold the semi-bath oil. Try looking at the fork manuals on Manitou's website - your statemente doesn't even hold up to the most basic logic. The dampers themselves are not made of carbon fiber. Even if the carbon fiber legs did need to retain air for some reason, the carbon is covered in an epoxy resin; are you really going to say that epoxy isn't airtight?

Either you're making stuff up, or that mechanic shouldn't be a mechanic.
    BV and Sherpa 1, ironhorsebike1 0.

BV and Sherpa 1, ironhorsebike1 0.
    that's what the mechanic told me. oh well. sorry for my ignorance. not stupidity, but ignorance. there's a difference.

surf-ride-repeat
    that's what the mechanic told me. oh well. sorry for my ignorance. not stupidity, but ignorance. there's a difference.

Ignorance=
    n.
    The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

Stupid=
    n.
    A stupid or foolish person.

One who states to know something, that actually does not know is a FOOL. It is better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

I'd say you were being stupid, and by what you stated in your posts, you removed all doubt. You weren't stating what you felt to be true as a misinformed statement you had heard elsewhere, you were saying it as if you actually KNEW what you were talking about, but in so much as you obviuosy did not, by stating what 'you thought to be true' as a truth which was obviously NOT, you removed all doubt about being ignorant, or uninformed, and just appeared plain foolish, or even better stated:

stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by pdirt
    Ignorance=
    n.
    The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

Stupid=
    n.
    A stupid or foolish person.

One who states to know something, that actually does not know is a FOOL. It is better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

I'd say you were being stupid, and by what you stated in your posts, you removed all doubt. You weren't stating what you felt to be true as a misinformed statement you had heard elsewhere, you were saying it as if you actually KNEW what you were talking about, but in so much as you obviuosy did not, by stating what 'you thought to be true' as a truth which was obviously NOT, you removed all doubt about being ignorant, or uninformed, and just appeared plain foolish, or even better stated:

stupid.

well i thought it was true and then came to realize that i was misinformed.
    now i really do feel stupid after reading that confusing jumble of words.

but i do believe that ignorance and stupid are adj.'s not n.'s

oh well, ignorance is bliss.

and the greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge.
    i thought that i knew that about the dorados, but now, through the halp of my e-pals, i have overcome that obstacle and have learned. thank you.

650 yay area
    burn a blunt to your face, the both of you

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kadvang
    burn a blunt to your face, the both of you
    w3rd...someones gotta be my designated blunter, though...I'm on the wagon

Members who have read this thread: 0