Fontucky Winter Series is Gonna Start...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775

    Good job! Fontucky Winter Series is Gonna Start...

    .....whose gonna be out there?? I am going to try to make it out. It'll be my first time racing. Any locals around here that want to carpool over there give me a pm or somethin (if I can make it out on the 15th and 16th). I can take one person, or if I can get a ride from some one that would also be cool.

    One more thing. Is it worth it to make the drive out there the day before? or just on the race day... cuz I don't really know how it works.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    I'll be there. Racing junior 15-18, ready to get my ass beat like Rodney King. It should be good fun no doubt, I just wish my body was up for it. I'm planning on going down the day before for practice, as I've never riden the course before. It will also be my first real ride on my new bike, so it should be interesting...
    JackNugz

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

  3. #3
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    I'll be on a blue Nicolai and am going to be in the same class too.... I think.

  4. #4
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    I'll be on a blue Nicolai and am going to be in the same class too.... I think.
    see you there then. im only 14, but i guess i have to race the 15-18 class because of the cut off date.
    JackNugz

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    149
    i should be up there too. i will be racing in the 14 year old class. i dont think that it is too good of an idea to ride up there without the race going on. one, you cannot shutel because they have a gate that closes the road, and second is that it is not the best area of town. i have heard stories about how people got there cars jacked while they were riding. i have been to a couple of races last year and watched. my friend told be it was kind of like big bear except for more technical and a bit slower. anyways hope to see u guys up there.

  6. #6
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    swoop call me next week.... I am trying to make it...all depends on the music
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  7. #7
    Are you talking to me?
    Reputation: damion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,882

    Is that Fontana, Ca?

    I have family in Fontana. The next time I am in town I will look you all up.
    gfy

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    .....whose gonna be out there?? I am going to try to make it out. It'll be my first time racing. Any locals around here that want to carpool over there give me a pm or somethin (if I can make it out on the 15th and 16th). I can take one person, or if I can get a ride from some one that would also be cool.

    One more thing. Is it worth it to make the drive out there the day before? or just on the race day... cuz I don't really know how it works.

    Thanks

    I'm going up. I would like to go on Saturday but I'm not too sure about where to stay the night.

    Lets work something out. I hear the motel 6 up there is real cheap.

    Let me know what you guys decide to do.

    Mark

  9. #9
    Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    .....Is it worth it to make the drive out there the day before? or just on the race day... cuz I don't really know how it works.
    If you've done a fair amount of racing in the past, you should be o.k. to just go on Sunday, although going for the 2 days wouldn't hurt. I did the last race they had there (November) and it was the first time I went just on Sunday as compared to both days and I ended up taking 2nd place in Sport class; I was pretty stoked!!!

  10. #10
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    If I went on Sunday do you get any practice before the race? And what time does the racing start?

  11. #11
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    go both days nat, You will place in the top 5
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  12. #12
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    what class??...

  13. #13
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    what class??...
    You could get away with racing Expert but Enter sport the first time. If you do good go to expert the next race.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  14. #14
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    Well.... we'll see when I race.... I hope I get my fork problem sorted out by then ....

  15. #15
    Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    If I went on Sunday do you get any practice before the race? And what time does the racing start?
    Yeah, you can practice on Sunday. The course will be marked from about 8:00 Saturday morning on through race time Sunday. So if you wanted to go just on Sunday, you can get there at first light and start practicing yourself. However, they do provide a shuttle service; that starts around 10:30, DH start time is at 1:00 or so starting with pro and moving on down.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    190
    Has anyone seen the Mountain Cross course yet????

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    go both days nat, You will place in the top 5

    Yeah, it's more fun to go both days. Last time I went up I only went on Sunday, I got a lot of practice in. I rode up the hill and never took the shuttle. I went over my lines about eighteen times each. On my race run I was sitting down the whole time! This time up I'm going to practice Saturday and take it easy on Sunday and race standing up. It should be a good time.

  18. #18
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloy
    Yeah, it's more fun to go both days. Last time I went up I only went on Sunday, I got a lot of practice in. I rode up the hill and never took the shuttle. I went over my lines about eighteen times each. On my race run I was sitting down the whole time! This time up I'm going to practice Saturday and take it easy on Sunday and race standing up. It should be a good time.
    yep, thats it. every race i go to i seem to do this, not this time. maybe i'll even pedal this time
    JackNugz

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    149
    i will probably be up there. my parents are paying for the eric carter dh clinic since it will be my first time racing. i just hope they have it this year. i will find out tomarrow. does anyone know anything about the clinic. was it a good experience? did you learn much? thanks

  20. #20
    Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by dmananderson
    does anyone know anything about the clinic. was it a good experience? did you learn much? thanks
    Yeah, it was way worth the money. I did it last year with EC and Rich Houseman (that guys's got some balls on him!) VERY good experience, and I learned a lot, that I can go faster!

  21. #21
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    im gonna see about borrowing a 4x/mountain cross bike and possibly race the dual slalom or 4x or whatever they said they would be hosting as well as dh.
    JackNugz

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

  22. #22
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    Well.... we'll see when I race.... I hope I get my fork problem sorted out by then ....

    Nat call me next week and i will help you with that thing
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  23. #23
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Nat call me next week and i will help you with that thing
    I am pretty sure I got it fixed [email protected]@k over at my Super T forum.

  24. #24
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    I am pretty sure I got it fixed [email protected]@k over at my Super T forum.
    I will check it out....next week lets hit some trails
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  25. #25
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I will check it out....next week lets hit some trails
    I'm down it's just supposed to be crappy weather until tuesday.

    http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA1060.html

Similar Threads

  1. fontana winter dh series
    By retrofred in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 08:54 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.