Foes Dhs 2.1 Mono- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Foes Dhs 2.1 Mono

Anyone ride a FOES DHS 2.1 MONO? How do you like it? Pros and cons?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    deadatbirth has one pm him

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    yup, i got a 2007 DHS 2:1 and i still love it. it saw a lot of use over the past two years since it was my backup to the 3 faulty Revolts i had.

pros:
    -despite its relatively large size, the bike is very nimble. every Foes DH bike ive had, has been very nimble and handles like its on rails.
    -super durable. the earlier DHS 2:1's like i have, are a bit overbuilt which is good considering i have two large dents on the bike.
    -Curnutt shock. while not exactly 2:1 leverage ratio, the 4.5" stroke shock performs great IMO ( ) despite its ridiculous 16.5" e-t-e length.
    -160mm rear end. while probably unnecessary, it makes for a super stiff wheel
    -burly derailluer hanger

cons:
    -weight. despite my somewhat light weight build, the lightest i was able to get it was 42.75lbs.
    -noisy. just like every other one of their monocoque bikes, its loud. the Curnutt shock is also noisey as well, but yet it still performs great
    -earlier 2:1 DHS's are prone to having mud cake up near the lower shock mount and causes the bearings to die somewhat fast.
    -1 1/8" head tubes on earlier models.
    -limited chain retention choices on earlier models.

one of the ways i had it built up:

Members who have read this thread: 0