Flow Finally finished for Invermere trip- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Flow Finally finished for Invermere trip

First I'll open with the pictures of my modified Flow.

What has been changed from stock:
    66RC 170mm, Hadley front 20mm Hub, FSA Platinum DH BB, E13 SRS, Intense 909 Rear, Nokian Gazza Jr 2.6 Front, SRAM PC-970 Chain, ODI Ruffian Lock Ons, Dangerboy Maple Leaf Barcaps

I recently got my bike finished and fully operational, with money got for my birthday (thank god for it) and with it, I left with my family for a vacation to the Invermere area. (Unfortunately, forgot the camera at home, so no action shots. I also don't know if there is enough interest in that area to bother with a review.) My first two days were split between shuttling Mt. Swansee and Steamboat Mountain. Then, the next day I went up with some of the locals I rode with the previous days to Panorama. I was there last year, with my Flow while stock and with only a couple of weeks riding experience. Naturally, I wasn't expecting much, but this year, both Panorama and I had stepped things up. The number of trails in Pano has nearly doubled, and they are much better maintained and marked. If you are at the hill, check out Bazooka Joe-Hells Bells. The top 2/3 is Bazooka Joe, a nice flowing blue, incorporating North Shore, natural and constructed jumps, and the occasional rock drop. This connects with Hells Bells, an A-Line style trail, featuring a wide smooth trail with numerous jumps, tabletops, and other stunts. Unluckily for me, my chain jumped slightly and caught itself between my bashguard and the ring, and destroyed the ring.

The mechanics at the shop decided there was no way they could get a new ring on and have me back on the hill before it closed, so they just took off my chain, and told me to pick it up at the end of the day. I only managed one more run, but the feeling of being able to move my cranks without having any effect on any other part of my bike. Although it meant my riding was done for the trip, I had definately done enough riding to appreciate this truly undervalued area of BC.

pwn3rator
    that is a tall fork and it sucks about the cr...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Very nice bike. That is a tall looking fork but I imagine that would work great for riding down mtns. Rockies always look pimpin.

mtbr member
    Yeah, the fork is pretty tall, but the size of the bike just makes it look taller, its the 15" model. Plus, as it is mostly used for mountain riding, the angles are almost perfect. I was able to keep up with, and occasionally pass, big dualies.