Five Ten Hellcat Pro- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Five Ten Hellcat Pro

I'm in the market for new shoes. Currently using an old pair of Shimano DH. (AM something, cant remember)

Any comments on fit and feel. My current size I wear is 11.5.

How do they fit compared to Shimano? No where locally to try on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I love my Five Ten Hellcat Pro's. I had the previous version of the Hellcat and can say that the newer ones are a big improvement in both fit and feel. I use them on trail rides. I pull the cleats and use them on my flats at the DH Parks. I used them clipped into my road bike when I commute to work because they're easy to walk in. For that matter they're not bad hiking around the woods either. Watch your foot placement on slick rocks and roots while hiking though. My older Hellcats I would get sticks and mud stuck in the cleat pocket very easily. The Pro's I've had it happen too but not as often and they're easier to clean out. They're very comfortable. I highly recommend them. Unfortunately I cannot compare them to any shimano shoe as I have never worn them. I wear a size 9 in most shoes and they fit pretty true.
    2017 Canfield Riot

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyandhisBike View Post
    I love my Five Ten Hellcat Pro's. I had the previous version of the Hellcat and can say that the newer ones are a big improvement in both fit and feel. I use them on trail rides. I pull the cleats and use them on my flats at the DH Parks. I used them clipped into my road bike when I commute to work because they're easy to walk in. For that matter they're not bad hiking around the woods either. Watch your foot placement on slick rocks and roots while hiking though. My older Hellcats I would get sticks and mud stuck in the cleat pocket very easily. The Pro's I've had it happen too but not as often and they're easier to clean out. They're very comfortable. I highly recommend them. Unfortunately I cannot compare them to any shimano shoe as I have never worn them. I wear a size 9 in most shoes and they fit pretty true.
    I find them more comfortable to wear and walk in than road bikes shoes. I wear them on road rides as well.
    Last edited by Cerberus75; 09-27-2018 at 12:54 PM.