First Time to Brian Head Utah- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

First Time to Brian Head Utah

So I'm heading up to ride brian head this friday for the first time ever. Which trails do you all recommend I do. I'm definitely doing timberline, but are there any other trails that aren't balls to the wall, but still have some freestyle features. I'd rather kick ass on an intermediate trail and have a whole load of fun that get my ass kicked on an advanced trail that I don't know how to ride. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Hey, My Picture is Finally of Me!!!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthemountain82
    So I'm heading up to ride brian head this friday for the first time ever. Which trails do you all recommend I do. I'm definitely doing timberline, but are there any other trails that aren't balls to the wall, but still have some freestyle features. I'd rather kick ass on an intermediate trail and have a whole load of fun that get my ass kicked on an advanced trail that I don't know how to ride. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    ride them all ...not as hard as mammoth.....nothing too hard.....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If you tire of the lift accessed stuff - they have some excellent downcountry shuttle trails, I recommend Dark Hollow - very well suited for a gravity bike, a commericial shuttle service is available, but much better if you can hook up with someone and make multiple runs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I rode most of them last year. Dark Hollow was def my favorite. Lift access stuff was fun as well.

suvlako
    Is there camping close by? Also, when do they close the lifts for Winter?

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    Is there camping close by? Also, when do they close the lifts for Winter?
    Since it's a ski resort they don't close the lifts for winter.

mtbr member
    Is the shuttle for the dark hollow (and other off mountain trails) paid for by the lift ticket the mountain sells?
    Hey, My Picture is Finally of Me!!!

mtbr member
    Shuttle is a separate fee from the lift but you do get a 1 free lift w/ the purchase of a shuttle. There is camping pretty much in town w/ pit toilets or you camp camp about 5miles away at Ceder Breaks if you are into showers and that sort of thing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Good campspots (no facilities) can be found off the forest service road that Dark Hollow finished on (not sure the road number - maybe ten miles downhill from Brians Head).

Members who have read this thread: 0